• 21.08.2019, 16:32
  • Register
  • Login
  • You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Aqua Computer Forum. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Upgrading firmware from PRO to XT

Sunday, June 23rd 2019, 3:11pm

Hello!

I have had Aquaero 6 PRO for some time and now in the process of rebuilding my PC with custom computer case. In the previous computer case Aquaero 6 was held in 5.25" bay but current case doesn't have any. And it's ok - I'll just cut out the window for it, no problem.
But I thought that, if I'm creating new face plate for Aquaero 6 anyway - why not add additional 4 function buttons like in XT version? As far as I understand, Aquaero 6 LCD module has 8-pin header that is used to connect 7 capacitive buttons in XT version (some of the pins are shared with 3 hardware buttons already).
Pinout is not a problem. Problem is - how to flash XT firmware so that additional 4 buttons become usable?

Sunday, June 23rd 2019, 4:42pm

The short answer is: this is not possible.

Monday, June 24th 2019, 2:48am

Is there such thing as “different” XT/LT/PRO firmware or firmware is the same and it is some internal info (serial, flags, etc.) that define feature selection?