• 18.04.2024, 13:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Help me spec an Aquaero setup (please)

Samstag, 29. Juni 2019, 05:31

I'm starting to spec out a replacement control system for my somewhat large rig and could use some guidance in coming up with both the parts list and the system topology required to run it all off of an Aquaero 6 LT. I'm currently using it with a pair of Commander Pros and a few Node Pros, but the Corsair stuff is really just a bunch of toys and I'm ready to step up to something good like Aquaero. So, here we go....

The system is configured with two independent GPU loops and one CPU loop. All loops have ML120 PRO RGB fans in a push-pull arrangement, with GPU rads having 4&4 and the smaller CPU rad having 3&3. The GPU pumps are PWM D5 alphacool units and the CPU pump is a PWM-controlled alphacool Eisbaer.

I would like two be able to control:
  • Each pump individually (3 channels total)
  • Each set of push fans & pull fans individually (6 channels total, 11W per channel)
  • Two ML140 chassis fans, ideally individually (2 channels total, 3.6W per channel)
  • Each set of radiator fan RGB individually (3 channels total)
I would like to be able to monitor and use for control:
  • Pre-rad coolant temp for each loop (3 channels total)
  • Post-rad coolant temp for each loop (3 channels total; optional)
  • Flow rate for each loop (3 channels total - likely combined with either the pre- or post- temp sensors above via MPS 400)
  • One Vision unit for display
I've read the Aquaero 6 LT manual, and I'm not sure what my system topology would look like in order to do what I've described above.

• I'm guessing I'll need a few Splitty4s and maybe a Splitty9 connected to Aquabus High? Can I run 6 RGBpx Splitty4s with the fan input for each connected to a connector on the Splitty9 with the Splitty9 connected to Aquabus High, or is that too much power?
  • Can I mix fans and aquabus devices on the same Splitty9?
  • How does the RGB get handled? I have read that the RGBpx Splitty4 can handle the Corsair RGB, but how do I connect the various Splitty4 RGB connectors to the Aquaero while still being able to control them independently? My goal with RGB control is to communicate error states (like the check engine light on a car) rather than do something artistic.

I'm sorry if these are basic questions which have been answered elsewhere. I have been doing some research on this but I have had only mixed results in finding the answers. Thank you for your help.

Montag, 1. Juli 2019, 19:40

I'm starting to get the schematic laid out. It isn't complete, of course, but maybe it will help show some of my confusion.

If I knew how much power I can run through Aquabus High, that might help clear up some of my confusion.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »cptninc« (1. Juli 2019, 19:55)

Montag, 1. Juli 2019, 21:07

My first concern is the Alphacool PWM pumps. I don't know if they are fully compatible with the Intel PWM specification, which if not will be a problem for the aquaero. I don't know if the same PWM issue is present with the Quadro. Hopefully someone with definitive knowledge will speak up

Second, I would not run the two Quadros through the aquabus, if memory serves you will loose 4 fan curves on each quadro. I would run them off the USB.

Dienstag, 2. Juli 2019, 17:38

The Schematic looks good. Everything is connected ok.

For the RGB Stuff, you need a Farbwerk 360
Then connect the RGB Input of each Splitty4 to the RGB Ports on the Farbwerk 360.

The aquabus high connector is only for communication with aquabus devices. it delivers <2 Watts.
You need to connect the Quadro to the Power Supply Unit with the 4 Pin Molex Connector.

You need to connect the Quadro with USB to your motherboard for initial setup (to select an aquabus address for the quadro in the aquasuite software) and for firmware updates.
After that is done, you can remove the usb connection from the quadro and only use aquabus to control the Fan speed.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (2. Juli 2019, 20:04)

Freitag, 5. Juli 2019, 05:37

My first concern is the Alphacool PWM pumps. I don't know if they are fully compatible with the Intel PWM specification, which if not will be a problem for the aquaero. I don't know if the same PWM issue is present with the Quadro. Hopefully someone with definitive knowledge will speak up

Second, I would not run the two Quadros through the aquabus, if memory serves you will loose 4 fan curves on each quadro. I would run them off the USB.

Good to know about the Alphacool pumps. I can run them off of my motherboard if needed. I usually just leave them at a fixed speed anyway, so not having them on a programmable curve isn't a problem. Maybe that's the best option since I would not need the second Quadro + an Aquabus Y-splitter if I did that.
Looking through the Aquaero manual (page 39 of the English manual), it looks like I can have a maximum of two Quadros connected via Aquabus. Is that not correct?
The Schematic looks good. Everything is connected ok.

For the RGB Stuff, you need a Farbwerk 360
Then connect the RGB Input of each Splitty4 to the RGB Ports on the Farbwerk 360.

The aquabus high connector is only for communication with aquabus devices. it delivers <2 Watts.
You need to connect the Quadro to the Power Supply Unit with the 4 Pin Molex Connector.

You need to connect the Quadro with USB to your motherboard for initial setup (to select an aquabus address for the quadro in the aquasuite software) and for firmware updates.
After that is done, you can remove the usb connection from the quadro and only use aquabus to control the Fan speed.

It sounds like I will need two Farbwerk 360 units in order to control all of my fan lights. That will bring the total number of Aquabus devices to 7. Maybe I should use a Splitty9 for this instead of the Aquabus X4?

Can the Farbwerk 360 be connected via Aquabus? I read the manual and it says on Page 5 that there are no compatible products as of April 2019.

Freitag, 5. Juli 2019, 06:34

Farbwerk 360 be connected via Aquabus?
No, the farbwerk 360 has an connector, but currently there is not implemented in the device firmware.

Freitag, 5. Juli 2019, 18:37

It sounds like I will need two Farbwerk 360 units in order to control all of my fan lights. That will bring the total number of Aquabus devices to 7. Maybe I should use a Splitty9 for this instead of the Aquabus X4?
You can connect 4 Splitty4 to the Farbwerk360. A Quadro can control 1 Splitty4.
You can choose to buy either two Farbwerks, or one Farbwerk and two Quadros. Then you can control the LEDs of all the Fans.
The Quadro and Farbwerk requires an USB Connection to control the RGB LED Color.

You need a total of 3 USB Connections for the Devices. One for Aquaero, one for each Farbwerk 360/Quadro.
If your Motherboard does not have enough internal USB Connectors, you may need a Hubby7

You can use a Splitty9 for the Aquabus devices. Then you dont need the Aquabus X4 and Aquabus Y-Cables. This saves some Money.
Please set the Jumper on the Splitty9 to Aquabus, before connecting it to the Aquaero.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (5. Juli 2019, 19:06)