• 20.04.2024, 06:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Can I use a Aquacomputer Quadro Fan Controller for PWM-Fans (standalone)?

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2020, 14:24

As per thread title

Can I use a Aquacomputer Quadro Fan Controller for PWM-Fans standalone to control pumps fans and temp and flow?
I would like to use the Quadro or something like it without the larger Aquaero, but just use the computer software. I want to monitor flow and temp through this as well is this possible as I get confused as to what equipment I require to do this effectively, and whether I do need to purchase the Aquaero.
I see different flow sensors mentioned and different temp. With the temp sensors all the specifications never mention the Quadro so I don't know which one.

I am looking to fit this into a Design R6 so another question if I do require the Aquaero or wish to fit it, and I want to fit a 420 Radiator up top or a 360. Will the unit still have enough clearance mounted in the 5.25 bay? Has anyone done this please.

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2020, 15:05

I would recommend the OCTO over the QUADRO for two reasons:
1. the OCTO has 8 PWM ports, allowing for future expansion
2. the OCTO has built-in pull-up circuitry for those fans/pumps that are not fully Intel PWM compliant

In addition to controlling PWM pumps and fans, you can incorporate a flow sensor, 4 temp sensors, and individually addressable RGB LED strips.

You will NOT be able to use the motherboard software to control the pumps, fans & RGB strips, but the aquasuite software will do all that for you very ellegantly. If you have never used the aquasuite before, there is a bit of a learning curve, but it's operation is fairly consistent.
With the aquasuite, you can:
  • set PWM fan controller curves
  • set PWM pump controller curves
  • set alarms (temps/flow rate/RPM)
  • control the RGB strips using any number of inputs

Except for some extreme cases, the OCTO is the new aquaero.

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2020, 15:14

2. the OCTO has built-in pull-up circuitry for those fans/pumps that are not fully Intel PWM compliant
QUADRO hast also the same pull up resistor included.

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2020, 16:46

I would recommend the OCTO over the QUADRO for two reasons:
1. the OCTO has 8 PWM ports, allowing for future expansion

In addition to controlling PWM pumps and fans, you can incorporate a flow sensor, 4 temp sensors, and individually addressable RGB LED strips.

You will NOT be able to use the motherboard software to control the pumps, fans & RGB strips, but the aquasuite software will do all that for you very ellegantly. If you have never used the aquasuite before, there is a bit of a learning curve, but it's operation is fairly consistent.
With the aquasuite, you can:
  • set PWM fan controller curves
  • set PWM pump controller curves
  • set alarms (temps/flow rate/RPM)
  • control the RGB strips using any number of inputs

Except for some extreme cases, the OCTO is the new aquaero
Thank you that OCTO does look better suited to what I want to achieve with having 4 temp sensors is great.

Could I still use the supplied PWM controller supplied with the R6 off one of the headers to control a bank of fans instead of getting a splitty as I would be running pumps off the OCTO as well?

Thanks for all your help

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »bizziebiz« (5. Februar 2020, 18:17)

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2020, 19:51

You said Design R6 in the OP, did you mean Define R6?

If so, I guess you are talking about their Nexus+ Smart Hub fan controller (picture below from the manual). It looks to be able to be used as a triple splitter for PWM fans. I am not sure how you would control the 6, 3-pin ports.
nexus.jpg

Curious, how many pumps/fans are you planning to use?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (5. Februar 2020, 19:53)

ehupp01

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2020, 19:57

So can I use the QUADRO as a controller for my second pump and also control some fans? Are all the fan outputs synced or can I control them independently?
QUADRO hast also the same pull up resistor included.

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2020, 20:24

You said Design R6 in the OP, did you mean Define R6?

If so, I guess you are talking about their Nexus+ Smart Hub fan controller (picture below from the manual). It looks to be able to be used as a triple splitter for PWM fans. I am not sure how you would control the 6, 3-pin ports.
[attach]7202[/attach]

Curious, how many pumps/fans are you planning to use?

Yes I meant Define R6. I am looking and try install dual EK D5 for redundancy and mostly flow rate through restrictive Hardware Labs Rads. I am only researching my options at the minute haven't got case in front of me.

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2020, 20:24

So can I use the QUADRO as a controller for my second pump and also control some fans? Are all the fan outputs synced or can I control them independently?

Yes, each of the four fan ports on the QUADRO has it's own curve controller and can use different criteria to control their curves (i.e. flow rate for pump, temp for fans, etc).

ehupp01

Mittwoch, 5. Februar 2020, 20:47

Great Thanks!! :thumbup: