• 17.04.2024, 01:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Quadro, octo, and aquaero connection

Donnerstag, 23. April 2020, 04:01

I have an aquaero 6 LT and a quadro fan controller. In the manual for the quadro, it says that you can have both the USB connected and the quadro connected to the aquaero via aquabus. First, will this allow a FIrmware update if the quadro is connected via aquabus and USB are connected at the same time as I read somewhere that the USB connection is mandatory for a FW update. That is, does the aquabus connection interfere with a FW update via USB for the quadro? Would this be the same for the octo?

In the aquaero manual, there is a high and low speed aquabus connection. Since FW 2000, the low speed is disabled so a quadro is connected to the high speed 4 pin port. Is this correct since the manual does not list the quadro device as compatible?

Thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hopper64« (23. April 2020, 04:04)

Asus Maximus Z790 Apex, Intel 13900KS, Asus 4090 Strix, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, Asus ROG XG349C, EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 and VTX 160, Corsair AX1600i, Asus Claymore 2, Asus ROG Gladius III, Samsung 990

Donnerstag, 23. April 2020, 20:56

The aquabus is a simple data connection and does not offer the same feature set as a USB connection. A firmware update via aquabus is not possible. This requires a USB connection and aquabus can be connected too while doing this.

Please also note that the aquaero will manage the QUADRO/OCTO like it is a part of its own hardware. A possible issue is that if for example you want to use many curve controllers you are liimited to the four controllers of the aquaero while QUADRO/OCTO has its own curve controllers per channel but they can be only accessed via USB.

The aquabus low speed was using a different protocol so even if it would be still enabled, you would not be able to use it with any aquabus enabled device that we sell right now. All current hardware must be connected to the aqabus high(speed) port. This also includes QUADRO/OCTO of course. If you want to connect multiple devices you have to use a y-cable or splitter.

Freitag, 24. April 2020, 02:27

Thanks for your help. :)
Asus Maximus Z790 Apex, Intel 13900KS, Asus 4090 Strix, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, Asus ROG XG349C, EKWB Quantum Kinetic TBE 300 D5 and VTX 160, Corsair AX1600i, Asus Claymore 2, Asus ROG Gladius III, Samsung 990