• 28.04.2024, 01:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

2 DC D5 pump on Aquasuite?

Dienstag, 12. Mai 2020, 23:21

Hello everyone,

I am new to the AquaComputer system. I have been building
custom pc for a while. I have an EK dual D5 pump housing that I would like to control
with the Aquasuite software. I would like to know if 2 none PWM pumps can be
controlled and if so, what will I need to do just that? I currently have a cuplex
kryos NEXT with VISION AM4 WB, & AquaSuite that it.

Thank you for your cooperation

RE: 2 DC D5 pump on Aquasuite?

Dienstag, 12. Mai 2020, 23:36

Hello everyone,

custom pc for a while. I have an EK dual D5 pump housing that I would like to control
controlled and if so, what will I need to do just that? I currently have a cuplex

An Aquaero 6 LT/PRO/XT can do that for you since the fan channels can control either PWM or Voltage control.

Dienstag, 12. Mai 2020, 23:44

I was looking at that, but these pumps only have the power Molex
(12VDC x 2 = 24VDC) how the Aquaero 6 LT would connect to the pumps?

RE: 2 DC D5 pump on Aquasuite?

Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 03:49

Hello everyone,

If the pumps are non PWM and are the Vario type then they cannot be controlled with Aquasuite.

Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 04:28

Specify which exact D5 pump you're referring to. Give us the type it is or a link/image.

Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 05:41

The pumps are Swiftech MCP655.

Link: https://www.newegg.com/swiftech-mcp655-1…N82E16835108082

I have attached a manual PDF of the pumps.
»realmmoto« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • doc.pdf (344,45 kB - 365 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 23. April 2024, 07:52)

Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 07:01

The pumps are Swiftech MCP655.

Link: https://www.newegg.com/swiftech-mcp655-1…N82E16835108082

I have attached a manual PDF of the pumps.

As stated, you control the pump via a red nob in its rear. Should have a range from 1 to 5 with 5 being full power.

While those pumps are great, they are some of the older D5s with the knobs. Still work but I prefer a PWM D5 so I can control it through the AQ6 via Aquasuite.

Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 14:28

I may get flamed for suggesting this, but if you have the pumps and want to use them, this is an option:
  • remove the 4-pin molex plugs from the pump's power lead
  • replace with a fan style plug (3 or 4 pin), connecting to the +12V & ground pins
  • plug each of the two pumps into it's own fan port on the aquaero 6
  • set the vario knob on the back of the pumps to 5 (full power)
  • in the aquasuite set the fan port to "Power controlled" power_controlled.jpg
  • I recommend you install a Passive heat sink for aquaero 6
The pumps are rated at 2A
The aquaero 6 fan port is rated to 2.5 amps, so you would be running at 80% capacity.

CAVEAT: all modifications are at your own risk... if you are not familiar/comfortable with this process, do NOT attempt!

Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 18:43

I may get flamed for suggesting this, but if you have the pumps and want to use them, this is an option:
  • replace with a fan style plug (3 or 4 pin), connecting to the +12V & ground pins
  • in the aquasuite set the fan port to "Power controlled" [attach]7479[/attach]
The aquaero 6 fan port is rated to 2.5 amps, so you would be running at 80% capacity.

CAVEAT: all modifications are at your own risk... if you are not familiar/comfortable with this process, do NOT attempt!
Thank you for the suggestion, I can do this.

Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 19:49

I thought about that but didn't want to be liable for damages if possible. lol

Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 21:28

From what I can see and with everyone's input as long as I have Red wire with Red wire & Black wire with Black wire I should be good. :thumbsup:

Mittwoch, 13. Mai 2020, 21:28

Hence the caveat... but the suggestion is not without experience.
I am doing a similar thing on my external radiator, but with PWM pumps (set at 82% with a Preset Value controller).

I have two Aqua Computer D5 PWM pumps and an aquaero 6 XT on the bottom of the external radiator. radfrt.jpg
I decided to place the pumps' power leads on the PWM connectors to minimize cable clutter. radbak.jpg
The pumps are pulling less than 1.8 A. (the 2nd pump is running the same as pump 1) amps.jpg
And the amplifier temps for the fan ports are running about 6 degrees (47 C) above the idle port (#3). temps.jpg
This with an ambient of 25 C. ambient.jpg

This has been running for about 5 months, so I am hopeful it will keep marching on. :)

Donnerstag, 14. Mai 2020, 15:28

I order a Aquaero 6 LT & Passive Heatsink. I will set it up and keep everyone posted.