• 19.04.2024, 03:51
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

MPS Flow 400 restricting flow?

Freitag, 19. Juni 2020, 14:49

A friend of mine recently installed an MPS Flow 400 into his loop.

Previously he was getting perfectly good flows, as shown by a simple rotary flow indicator whizzing away, and all was good.... But since adding in the MPS 400, his flow has dropped to the point where the indicator doesn't even turn.

He's using 16/10mm (5/8 x 3/8) soft tubing in a straight run, and connecting using matching XSPC 1/4/" fittings, with Mayhems X1 fluid. I know DP Ultra is necessary for anything to work in terms of AC's sensors, but shouldn't a 10mm ID tube still allow sufficient flow?

Freitag, 19. Juni 2020, 15:25

This is certainly not due to the mps because this sensor has no significant resistance in the system. The mps 400 is basically the same as a 8mm hole....

Freitag, 19. Juni 2020, 15:55

This is the only thing that has changed in a previously perfect loop, though.

I know Mayhems fluid has about double the glycol content of DPU - Could that really be such a limiting factor?

Freitag, 19. Juni 2020, 17:32

You should check for air in your pump or something that has clogged due the coolant.

Freitag, 19. Juni 2020, 19:03

You should check for air in your pump or something that has clogged due the coolant.

Already done - A complete strip-down clean and check of D5 pump (which was brand new), CPU block (also brand new), GPU block and reservoir, as well as flushing of all components in-situ including radiators, followed by a rebuild using brand new tubing.
Everything was as pristine as possible. The MPS only went in afterward and the system fully re-bled.

So unless Mayhems X1 can go from brand new and perfect, to clogging systems in less than 12 hours, the loop is completely free of air and obstructions. He's taking the MPS out this weekend, so we'll see how the loop performs post-meterectomy...

Freitag, 19. Juni 2020, 19:42

If you remove the mps you can simply look through the hole or blow air through it. There shouldn't be any resistance at this part.

Freitag, 19. Juni 2020, 21:10

Thing is, by my calculations, on a 25cm pipe with a maxed D5 supplying 0.38bar (3.9m/head) of pressure, the drop from 10mm to 8mm ID would go from 309lph to just 142lph.

At less than half the flow rate, that does *seem* a fairly significant restriction...

Samstag, 20. Juni 2020, 12:29

And how long is the mps? 25 cm or 0.25 cm?

Do your math again with a 24.75 cm long pipe with 10 mm ID and in addition a 0.25 cm 8 mm ID pipe.

What is your result?

Not even imagined, that you have to add the restriction of a complete loop and add now the 0.25 cm 8 mm ID. That is not even noticable.

Also imagine every 10 mm fitting for your tubing. Everyone is at least 8 to 9 mm tight in diameter and also more than 10 mm long. So take two fittings and you have the same impact? Would you blame two fittings more in your loop?

Drain the Loop and take the MPS out. Maybe you will get better flow, but I will promise you that it is not caused by the missing MPS.
Desktop: Ryzen 9 5950X | Crosshair VIII Impact | Strix RTX 2080 Ti OC | 32 GB 3800 MT/s B-die | Phanteks Evolv ITX
Notebook: Thinkpad X1 Carbon 6th Gen (i5-8250U)
Smartphone: Google Pixel 5