• 16.04.2024, 18:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

the Octo can work for windows 7

Mittwoch, 24. Juni 2020, 03:55

im still going thru several scenarios as to why its working,once i do ill post it

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 06:17

ive been spending alot of time since i started this topic trying to figure out why my Octo runs in win7 when everyone even Octo says win 8 or higher is required to operate.
ill just describe my setup in case others may want to try it.
initially i had 2 raids running each a copy of win7 with a bios dual booting screen option,i installed win 10 on my primary boot option,got it up and running and installed aquasuite x and had to update the firmware in all of my devices,,however my octo wouldnt work even after removing octo drivers and everything it was still a no go,I had to remove all ref of octo including aquasuite x and reinstalling aquasuitex to get the Octo to work,this time everything worked perfect.
I took some pictures at work and wanted to store them on my win7 secondary Os which i always do and they wouldnt go thru so when i went home i loaded this os and ended up finding the win10 install reset my bios setting for rtc including all my overclocking settings.after doing a few changes i opened up win 7 and my aquasuite was messed up.
it wouldnt accept any version other than aquasuite x and when i ran it i realized the Octo was showing up.i spent the rest of the evening trying to get it to crash but it stood stable,
im not complaining that everything works but i wont quit untill i can duplicate it again.
so yeah guys the Octo can work in win7 i just dont know why,,,..yet :thumbsup:

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 09:33

You are right, it will work - but only partially.
There are functions for example AMBIENTpx that are not available in Windows 7 - so you will not be able to use them. We decided to better not specify any compatibility to Win7 as the device will not completly work with it.

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 13:35

You are right, it will work - but only partially.
There are functions for example AMBIENTpx that are not available in Windows 7 - so you will not be able to use them. We decided to better not specify any compatibility to Win7 as the device will not completly work with it.
thx for letting me know this however the makers devices like the Octo and others are losing revenue because there are users that would buy these Octos for the fan function alone ,i for one would waited on spending $170 on win 10 Os as im a diehard win 7 user..,,perhaps Octo makers should modify their product requirements to reflect this and grab the Win 7 users also..

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 14:21

.,,perhaps Octo makers should modify their product requirements to reflect this and grab the Win 7 users also..

that's not a question to "Octo makers". That's simply a result, because of Windows 7 is completly outdated and can't because of that fulfill the needed requierements for some funny possibilities.

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 14:58

.,,perhaps Octo makers should modify their product requirements to reflect this and grab the Win 7 users also..

that's not a question to "Octo makers". That's simply a result, because of Windows 7 is completly outdated and can't because of that fulfill the needed requierements for some funny possibilities.
theres many more die hard win 7 users than you realize,and quite satisfied with it.

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 15:00

theres many more die hard win 7 users than you realize,and quite satisfied with it.

agree. they are satisfied with it as it is and have to accept that's it for now and ever..

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 18:55

I sincerely hope that the die hard Windows 7 users use it only without internet access...........
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 19:22

I sincerely hope that the die hard Windows 7 users use it only without internet access...........

But how then writing in an internet forum? Dying hard means very often at the end:dying with a lot of pains..

Live well ans prosper

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 19:51

so how do i view aida 64 sensors in Octo or does that require the Aquabus connection?

sorry Taubenhaucher i do use internet ,,its dialup but its turbo supercharged :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 22:24

That will not work for you because Windows 7 does not have the required interface to share data between both programs. This requires at least Windows 8.1.

Donnerstag, 25. Juni 2020, 22:32

im sorry i was referring to win10
i want to use aquaero instead of the octo where as the octo only shows 4 sensors

Freitag, 26. Juni 2020, 02:00

i want to use aquaero instead of the octo where as the octo only shows 4 sensors

This screenshot shows a quadro, but it is the same for an octo: octo_hwinfo.jpg
  • select the 'Sensors tab under the octo
  • select one of the 'Soft.Sensors'
  • click the '+' button to select a ;Data source'
  • click on 'Data from Aqua Computer service'
  • click on HWiNFO & select the sensor you wish to use for the octo.
USB is required if you want to control the octo's fan ports with the eight octo curve controllers.
If you use the aquabus, the fan ports are slaved to the aquaero, which has only four curve controllers.

Freitag, 26. Juni 2020, 02:07

This screenshot shows a quadro, but it is the same for an octo: [attach]7618[/attach]
  • select the 'Sensors tab under the octo
  • select one of the 'Soft.Sensors'
  • click the '+' button to select a ;Data source'
  • click on 'Data from Aqua Computer service'
  • click on HWiNFO & select the sensor you wish to use for the octo.
USB is required if you want to control the octo's fan ports with the eight octo curve controllers.
If you use the aquabus, the fan ports are slaved to the aquaero, which has only four curve controllers.
thx info your the man

Freitag, 26. Juni 2020, 07:32

Software sensors (Octo, quadro, ...) dosent work with windows 7!

Freitag, 26. Juni 2020, 09:31

sorry Taubenhaucher i do use internet ,,its dialup but its turbo supercharged:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hey, great a supercharged botnet machine, because Windows 7 is no longer supported since 14 January 2020, keep it up.........
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Freitag, 26. Juni 2020, 16:47

sorry Taubenhaucher i do use internet ,,its dialup but its turbo supercharged:thumbsup::thumbsup:
Hey, great a supercharged botnet machine, because Windows 7 is no longer supported since 14 January 2020, keep it up.........
is there a problem my preferring win 7?,and i resent calling my setup a botnet machine so kindly refrain from doing so

Freitag, 26. Juni 2020, 16:53

Software sensors (Octo, quadro, ...) dosent work with windows 7!
sebastain,,,i spent 2 hours running curves last night using a curve controller,the only glitch i got was when the Aquasuite hung due to being over loaded,

other controllers may not work but i use curves anyways :thumbup: :thumbup: