• 25.04.2024, 06:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Quadro alarm state

Samstag, 5. September 2020, 12:31

My quadro's fan channel 3 has been in an alarm state since I accidentally plugged in a ddc PWM connector which was wired incorrectly.
The message on the fan page states "Alarm: short circuit, fan output deactivated" - is there a way to deactivate this alarm?

There is nothing currently plugged into that channel - I've tried plugging in other (correctly wired) 4-pin connectors to clear the alarm to no avail.

Have I damaged something?

Thanks

Samstag, 5. September 2020, 15:31

i think your fan output is defect.

Sonntag, 6. September 2020, 11:10

Ok.

It was working fine before - I had a fan running from it.

There's no way to try to "reset" the alarm state?

Montag, 7. September 2020, 20:37

Just to update that the issue seems to have cleared itself - turned my pc on this evening and no alarm state.

I don't recall doing anything that would have done this - certainly not intentionally.

Dienstag, 8. September 2020, 02:10

Just to update that the issue seems to have cleared itself - turned my pc on this evening and no alarm state.

I don't recall doing anything that would have done this - certainly not intentionally.

The snippet below is from the aquaero manual. Perhaps the protection circuitry for the quadro is similar, and having powered your computer down allowed the amplifier to reset.

Zitat

aquaero 6: Maximum current is 2.5 A per output independent of output voltage, resulting in a maximum power of 30 W at 12 V. Outputs will be switched off if amplifier temperatures reach a critical level and will automatically be reactivated when cooled down. If an output current of 3 A is exceeded, the output will be permanently disabled. To reactivate the output, the aquaero (or the complete PC) has to be disconnected from power for a short period of time. The fan outputs are short-circuit proof.

Dienstag, 8. September 2020, 17:54

I suspect that's exactly what happened.