• 17.04.2024, 00:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

problem with D5 Next pump - 12V out of range

Donnerstag, 17. September 2020, 09:19

Hi, I have a problem with my D5 Next pump. The pump makes the alarm for a couple of seconds after I turn off my PC.
The MB is X570 Aorus Pro. I have newest pump firmware and enabled ERP option in bios, witch causes disabling USB power if PC is off.
I've reach out local forum and one guy has similar problem, so he replaced electronics in pump and that solved the issue.

Donnerstag, 17. September 2020, 10:32

The problem is the combination of your PSU and mainboard. Your PSU still provides 5V (regular power, not USB) when the PC is turned off.

Usually this can be disabled with the EuP/ErP setting in the BIOS.

Donnerstag, 17. September 2020, 11:43

As I said, USB setup is fine. If I change ErP setting back, then it would alarm constantly.

Donnerstag, 17. September 2020, 20:31

Forget about USB. It has nothing to do with it. The pump can not use power from USB. The power (5V) comes from the SATA plug and keeps the controller unit alive. If you enable ErP and get a constant alarm it means that you also have some kind of voltage on the 12V line after the PC is shut down. The alarm only goes off after a few seconds if the 12V supply is completely cut. If there is a lower voltage still coming in from the 12V line while 5V is OK, we have to assume there is something wrong with the general power supply and come up with the alarm of course.

Maybe you are using a USB hub with additional power supply? I know one customer who found out that this was the culprit in his configuration. Somehow the hub was distributing the 5V standby power back into the 12V line when the PC was shut down.

Donnerstag, 17. September 2020, 22:26

Wow.. You are amazing. Thank you! That helped.
I had pwm hub on the same cable. Now it's just pure psu -> pump.