• 25.04.2024, 08:48
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

First time aqua computer hardware

Mittwoch, 30. September 2020, 20:06

Hi everyone.

This is my first time purchasing aquacomputer hardware for my build, and I just wanted to check to make sure I'm not missing anything.

My goal is to allow my fan speed to be controlled by what the water temperature is
And to add an external display that I can put on my desk to display various information.

So, here's the hardware I picked out.

aquaero 6 LT USB fan controller
VISION Touch with external USB cable, IR receiver and ambient temperature sensor
Temperature sensor inline G1/4 for aquaero, aquastream XT and aquaduct
Flow sensor high flow G1/4 for aquaero, aquastream XT ultra and poweradjust
OCTO fan controller for PWM fans
Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with PWM input and speed signal

I'm assuming I'll have to figure out how to mount the board, and other sensors inside the case, but I've got plenty of room so that shouldn't be too big of an issue.
(edit)
I guess I should note, I have a total of 6 fans, and 1 pump in the loop.
4 fans on the radiator, and 2 on the top of the case. So nothing too crazy.
Thanks!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »roblaw« (30. September 2020, 20:20)

Mittwoch, 30. September 2020, 20:43

Why do you buy two fan controllers? The Aquaero and the OCTO?

And you are missing a lot of cables to connect everything.

Mittwoch, 30. September 2020, 20:46

The aquaero 6 has 4 fan outputs, and I have 6 fans.
So I'd need some kind of port multiplier or additional controller.

I'll look at the cables. Thanks! That's why I posted here. :)

Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2020, 08:24

You can combine fans into groups, e.g. all the same size intake fans
OCTO is overkill for 6 PMW fans and 1 pump in my opinion
2 3 Y cables or 1-2 SPLITTY9 and you're golden with the AE6 alone

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »EnigmaG« (1. Oktober 2020, 08:34)

Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2020, 14:13

Thank you very much for the help.

So now my parts list looks like:

VISION Touch with external USB cable, IR receiver and ambient temperature sensor
aquabus cable 4 pins for VISION, OCTO, QUADRO, D5 NEXT (to connect display to aquaero 6)
aquaero 6 LT USB fan controller
Flow sensor high flow 2, G1/4
2x Temperature sensor internal/external thread G1/4 for aquaero, aquastream XT and aquaduct
SPLITTY9 splitter for up to 9 fans or aquabus devices
Passive heat sink for aquaero 6, black (because why not, and cooling is never bad)
Real Time Clock expansion module for aquaero 5 und 6 (again, why not? and shipping is expensive)
aquabus cable 4 pins (to connect aquaero to Splitty9)
Aqua Computer D5 pump motor with PWM input and speed signal
Some fan extension cables just in case. (probably need at least one for the pwm cable on the pump)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »roblaw« (1. Oktober 2020, 14:17)

Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2020, 16:07

Food for thought - were it my build (unless running Linux) I would replace the aquaero 6 LT with an octo.
The octo has 8 PWM fan ports, which would allow you to control the 6 PWM fans and the PWM pump.
The octo is also able to control two separate strips of aRGBs, which the aquaero cannot do.

To recap:
  • add an octo
  • delete the aquaero
  • delete the passive heatsink
  • delete the realtime clock
  • delete aquabus cable
The vision touch I am not familiar with, but you are getting it with a USB cable, which should allow control/monitoring within the aquasauite.

Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2020, 16:40

I'll take a look at the octo's features and see.

I'm kind of just venturing into this after getting into custom loop watercooling a couple years ago.
So really I'm looking to purchase the components with the most features and options available. I may not use them all right away, but I can always expand it later.

The RGB I'm not worried about. I use ASUS's aura sync to drive my MB's and KB's RGB. I'm a fan of subtle RGB, vs "the neighbors can see it" kind
The Vision Touch isn't available without a USB, but it does have an aquabus cable, so presumably can be driven from that.
That was my thought anyways. I'd like it to stay turned on, (ambient and coolant temp) when the PC is off.

Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2020, 18:12

So I saw in a post that there's compatibility issues with the Splitty9 and EKWB Vadar fans. Fortunately I'm not using those.
But is that a problem with Corsair ML 140 Pro fans? or can that potential compatibility issue be circumvented by replacing the Splitty9 with an Octo?

I'm just asking because shipping is about $60 so I'd like to get everything in one shot.

Thanks again!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »roblaw« (1. Oktober 2020, 18:13)

Donnerstag, 1. Oktober 2020, 19:24

Just dont get splitty9, get any of these 10-head PWM fan hub from aliexpress. But i'm not sure what is the real problem with splitty9.