• 27.04.2024, 18:02
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 NEXT pump won't power on properly.

Samstag, 13. Februar 2021, 14:42

Hi everyone

I just got my NEXT pump complete with the ultitube. Originally I planned on powering the pump with an external 12v power supply equipped with an molex to sata adapter. The power supply managed to power up the pump and had it spinning at full speed, but the screen (and i assume the operating system too) did not turn on. My first idea was to try to power the pump using an sfx psu, switched on with a jumper cable designed to test out watercooling systems without the need of MB, sadly the same occurred, pump rotor was spinning at full speed, screen not on and buttons not responding. The third time I tried to power the pump using the atx psu in my other rig hoping that a full system would make a difference but no luck.

I wonder if anyone here had a similar idea of powering the pump using external power supply could shed some light on the situation. God forbid if the pump is somehow faulty, sending the pump back to germany from china for RMA would be a colossal waste of time. ;(

Samstag, 13. Februar 2021, 19:54

Are you giving it 5V in addition to the 12V you mentioned?

Sonntag, 14. Februar 2021, 13:24

D5 NEXT requires both 12v and 5v supply to operate. If you power it with 12v PSU only, it should always run at 100% without screen/lights/USB features to operate. Pump's controller with screen is 5v powered.

So, it is not looking like your pump is faulty. Power it with proper SATA power connector supplying both 12 and 5v.

Sonntag, 14. Februar 2021, 19:09

He wrote: "an sfx psu, switched on with a jumper cable designed to test out watercooling systems without the need of MB, sadly the same occurred,"

Soooo...why are you telling him to use proper psu?

Sonntag, 14. Februar 2021, 20:12

Pump runs at 100% because 12v is being supplied, but the pump's controller with screen, lights, and USB functionality needs to be 5v powered.

Maybe it's a totally dead pump's controller, but I believe at least screen's backlight or pump's leds should turn on even if pump's controller is dead.
So I'd double checked power connector and PSU's 5v output.