• 16.04.2024, 16:13
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

High spec build help

Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2021, 07:47

I'm looking for a way to run the following on Aquaero 6 XT and to be able to control them all independently:

2 D5 Next pumps
2 AQ Mps pressure sensors delta 1000
2 AQ Mps 400 flow rate sensors
2 AQ inline temperature sensors
1 AQ ambient temperature sensor
8 Noctua NF-A14 pwm chromax fans

Also if possible rgb wise I'm looking to hook up double AQ led strips along with cpu block and 3 gpu blocks to be controlled via aquaero.

what hubs do I need?
when should I daisy chain via splitters?
will there be any limitations interms of independently control each component? when and why?

xdecock

Donnerstag, 25. Februar 2021, 18:17

From what i read you'll want an aquaero.

This will gives you 4 fan control.

2 flow control.
1 aquabus.

Your 2 pump provide 2 additional fan port

You'll need in your projected setup 7 usb port.

Aquaero + 2 pump, 2 flow, 2 pressure.

From there, do you need 8 fan controller channel, if so i'll add a quadro this will require an additional usb port ( the hubby takes only 1/2 usb header so that should be all right)

This will provides for each device a tab in aquasuite.

If you want them to sync themselves without windows, you can use the aquabus your computer will look like a rat nest and you'll need a passive splitty 9 and the correct cables.

For the rgb if you don't use the aquabus, the pump provide a controller ( only configurable through usb though) if you use the aquabus the quadro will allow access.

For the gpu block you need to check if they have in out port ( in which case you can daisy chain) otherwise the farbwerk-rgbps might be your best bet to have enough port but i'm not an rgb user

Freitag, 26. Februar 2021, 02:18

From what i read you'll want an aquaero.

This will gives you 4 fan control.

2 flow control.
1 aquabus.

Your 2 pump provide 2 additional fan port

You'll need in your projected setup 7 usb port.

Aquaero + 2 pump, 2 flow, 2 pressure.

From there, do you need 8 fan controller channel, if so i'll add a quadro this will require an additional usb port ( the hubby takes only 1/2 usb header so that should be all right)

This will provides for each device a tab in aquasuite.

If you want them to sync themselves without windows, you can use the aquabus your computer will look like a rat nest and you'll need a passive splitty 9 and the correct cables.

For the rgb if you don't use the aquabus, the pump provide a controller ( only configurable through usb though) if you use the aquabus the quadro will allow access.

For the gpu block you need to check if they have in out port ( in which case you can daisy chain) otherwise the farbwerk-rgbps might be your best bet to have enough port but i'm not an rgb user

I reed somewhere that d5 next can handle fans up to 25W, would I not be able to daisy chain all fans to one of the pump or split them equally between the 2? would that impact ability to control them independently? would that even matter when it comes to fans?

What is the benefit of syncing fans without windows? in what case scenario would you recommend doing so?

What is the benefit of using aquabus to control rgb? in what case scenario would you recommend doing so?

Does the EK-Quantum Vector FE RTX 3090 D-RGB have in out port that allows daisy chain?

xdecock

Freitag, 26. Februar 2021, 11:52

You can definitively control multiple fan With a splitter from a single control port. So the quadro won't be useful.

Ek rgb need an rgbpx to asus header adapter and are "in only" from what i know.

Basically here, you'll have 2 rgbpx port

So adding a farbwerk is probably a good idea.

In your case, i'll limit the aquabus to the pressure / flow sensors.

The goal of aquabus is to allow your aquaero to centralize sensor data and act on the signals to trigger alarm, shutdown your computer if the flow get too low or water temp climbs too much.

Basically your sensor data can move from one device to another through the aquasuite service once windows run.

Or through aquabus ( and be available in bios or on alternate os, linux beos, ... )

If you're windows only aquabus is nice but does not add a lit of value.

You'll have 3 device capable of doing noisy alerts:

The pumps and the aquaero.

And rgb is never driven over aquabus.

Freitag, 26. Februar 2021, 14:45

Reading the thread this is what I would do:
  • Do NOT purchase a 'Pressure sensor mps pressure Delta 1000', you want the Pressure sensor mps pressure Delta 40
    The Delta 1000 is for a reservoir 10 meters tall and you will loose accuracy using it in a normal height reservoir
    The Delta 40 is good for a reservoir up to 400mm
  • In place of an aquaero, get an OCTO, a farbwerk 360 and a HUBBY7
  • USB connections:
    farbwerk 360 to pins 1-5 on a motherboard USB 2.0 port
    HUBBY7 to pins 6-9 on the same motherboard USB 2.0 port as the farbwerk 360
    both D5 NEXT pumps to HUBBY7
    both MPS flow sensors to the HUBY7
    both MPS pressure sensors to the HUBBY7
    OCTO to the HUBBY7
  • Fan connections:
    each fan will have it's own fan port on the OCTO
  • Temperature connections:
    the OCTO & farbwerk 360 each have 4 temperature input ports, the MPS devices each have 1 temperature input port
    connect your 2 inline & 1 ambient sensors into the most convenient port available
  • aRGB:
    the two AQ aRGB strips can be connected, 1 each to the RGBpx ports on the 2 D5 NEXT pumps
    the 3 GPU blocks and the 1 CPU block can be connected to the 4 ports on the farbwerk 360 using appropriate cables and converters
  • aquabus connmection:
    none

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (26. Februar 2021, 17:11)

Samstag, 27. Februar 2021, 09:24

You can definitively control multiple fan With a splitter from a single control port. So the quadro won't be useful.

Ek rgb need an rgbpx to asus header adapter and are "in only" from what i know.

Basically here, you'll have 2 rgbpx port

So adding a farbwerk is probably a good idea.

In your case, i'll limit the aquabus to the pressure / flow sensors.

The goal of aquabus is to allow your aquaero to centralize sensor data and act on the signals to trigger alarm, shutdown your computer if the flow get too low or water temp climbs too much.

Basically your sensor data can move from one device to another through the aquasuite service once windows run.

Or through aquabus ( and be available in bios or on alternate os, linux beos, ... )

If you're windows only aquabus is nice but does not add a lit of value.

You'll have 3 device capable of doing noisy alerts:

The pumps and the aquaero.

And rgb is never driven over aquabus.

Reading the thread this is what I would do:
  • Do NOT purchase a 'Pressure sensor mps pressure Delta 1000', you want the Pressure sensor mps pressure Delta 40
    The Delta 1000 is for a reservoir 10 meters tall and you will loose accuracy using it in a normal height reservoir
    The Delta 40 is good for a reservoir up to 400mm
  • In place of an aquaero, get an OCTO, a farbwerk 360 and a HUBBY7
  • USB connections:
    farbwerk 360 to pins 1-5 on a motherboard USB 2.0 port
    HUBBY7 to pins 6-9 on the same motherboard USB 2.0 port as the farbwerk 360
    both D5 NEXT pumps to HUBBY7
    both MPS flow sensors to the HUBY7
    both MPS pressure sensors to the HUBBY7
    OCTO to the HUBBY7
  • Fan connections:
    each fan will have it's own fan port on the OCTO
  • Temperature connections:
    the OCTO & farbwerk 360 each have 4 temperature input ports, the MPS devices each have 1 temperature input port
    connect your 2 inline & 1 ambient sensors into the most convenient port available
  • aRGB:
    the two AQ aRGB strips can be connected, 1 each to the RGBpx ports on the 2 D5 NEXT pumps
    the 3 GPU blocks and the 1 CPU block can be connected to the 4 ports on the farbwerk 360 using appropriate cables and converters
  • aquabus connmection:
    none
Thank you mates so much very valuable info here, I would love to go for no aquaero route because its simply less mess but the only functionality I'm aware of that I will loose if I go this way is hardware emergency shut down and please correct me if im wrong, I just have one last question that will help me which route I should follow and that is is the hardware shutdown feature really important compared to software shutdown? I mean like we might be talking about couple of seconds differences here between the 2 which BTW could be catastrophic if you haven't done proper testing mechanisms but if your PC just shut down immediately how would you know what exactly was the problem? is there anything else im missing other than this issue?

Samstag, 27. Februar 2021, 09:46

Every modern computer runs without active cooling without being destroyed immediately.
If the pump in your water cooling system fails or the fans fail, both the CPU and the GPU will slow down in order not to exceed the maximum temperature, but both will take much longer than a few seconds.

As long as you use Windows, you can program alarms, notifications and also a shutdown in the Playground of the Aquasuite, there are hardly any limits to your imagination.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

xdecock

Samstag, 27. Februar 2021, 16:20

The octo/quadro have access to the alarm signa cable which is less messy honestly than the ps-on cable hookup.

I'm using aquabus because i think i love simplicity in day to day and having th me most simple elegant solution that did the trick in all my work thing so

I took the exact opposite route for my ongoing computer build.

If your fans are pwm and you're mostly using windows, even a quadro will do, you'll control your fans per pair but in the end the best controller is the setpoint that uses feedback to stabilize the temperature. So best if all your fans uses the same controller anyway.

Imho the quadro vs octo is more about what you can grab as those are in constant out of stock situation.

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3488

Here is the shutdown cable it will basically force the shutdown button for 10s doing a forced bios shutdown.

If you use an mps flow sensor you can reconfigure the "signal" to act as a relay.

Sonntag, 28. Februar 2021, 10:59

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »D11125225« (28. Februar 2021, 11:07)

Sonntag, 28. Februar 2021, 11:07

Sonntag, 28. Februar 2021, 11:09

Many thanks for all suggestions mates I have
made up my mind finally to go non-aquaero route finally, so just as a final
stage I would like to check the final list including necessary cable
connections:

Qty 2 - D5 Next RGB ( Item No.41118 )

Qty 2 - Mps Pressure sensor delta 40 ( Item No.53133 )

Qty 2 - Mps Flow rate sensor 400 ( Item No.53132 )

Qty 2 - Inline Temp sensor ( Item No.53066 )

Qty 1 - Ambient Temp sensor ( Item No.53026 )

Qty 1 - OCTO Fan controller ( Item No.53286 )

Qty 1 - Farbwerk 360 ( Item No.53279 )

Qty 1 - Hubby7 USB hub ( Item No.53230 )

Cables:

Qty 1 - Fabwerk to Motherboard USB cable ( Item No.53215 )

Qty 1 - Hubby7 to Motherboard USB cable ( Item No.53085 )

Qty 2 - D5 Next to Hubby7 cable ( Item No.53215 )

Qty 2 - Mps flow sensor to Hubby7 cable ( Item No.53085 )

Qty 2 - Mps Pressure sensor to Hubby7 cable ( Item No.53085 )

Qty 1 - OCTO to Hubby7 cable ( Item No.53215 )

Qty 8 - Fans to OCTO ( pwm extension cable ) https://www.amazon.co.uk/Akasa-AK-CBFA01-30-PWM-Extension-Cable/dp/B003VYB76I

Qty 3 - Temp sensors extensions

Qty 2 - LED strip to D5 Next RGBpx cable ( Item No.53266 )

Qty 4 - CPU+GPU Blocks LEDs to Farbwerk cable

Qty 1 - Mps Flow sensor to mainboard power alarm output
cable ( Item No.53216 )

Qty 2 - SATA power for D5 Next

Qty 1 - OCTO 4-pin Molex power

Is the list complete?

Any Idea where to get Temperature sensors extensions &
waterblocks LEDs to farbwerk connectors?

Do you think Mps flow 400 is going to be accurate or should I
downgrade?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »D11125225« (28. Februar 2021, 11:10)

Sonntag, 28. Februar 2021, 11:32

Do I understand your list correctly and you want to buy an additional USB cable for each device?

All devices that connect via USB come with the appropriate cable.

With the MPS 400 the question arises whether 80 l/h as a lower measuring limit for a PC water cooling might not be too high, depending on the installed radiators, cooling blocks and fittings I would rather tend to the MPS 200, because a flow of more than 200 l/h is ilusory in most computers, but a flow of 40 - 80 l/h is quite realistic.

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Sonntag, 28. Februar 2021, 17:35

Do I understand your list correctly and you want to buy an additional USB cable for each device?

All devices that connect via USB come with the appropriate cable.

With the MPS 400 the question arises whether 80 l/h as a lower measuring limit for a PC water cooling might not be too high, depending on the installed radiators, cooling blocks and fittings I would rather tend to the MPS 200, because a flow of more than 200 l/h is ilusory in most computers, but a flow of 40 - 80 l/h is quite realistic.

No I would not buy what’s already available with items, this was just to make sure its the right type of cables im looking to use, might also be buying some as some cables have short runs so it depends.

Thats actually a tough question because i'm not sure how to calculate the lower limit so technically I have to assemble and run the whole loop to know that which is too early for me to do at this stage, i’ll try to do extra research on that i guess.

Sonntag, 28. Februar 2021, 17:59

For the 2-pin temp extensions you can use 82052 or 82053, or build your own.

I believe the adapter for RGBpx to GPU/CPU connectors will be THIS.
And the RGBpx cables can be from this LIST, depending on length needed.

Sonntag, 28. Februar 2021, 18:12

For the 2-pin temp extensions you can use 82052 or 82053, or build your own.

I believe the adapter for RGBpx to GPU/CPU connectors will be THIS.
And the RGBpx cables can be from this LIST, depending on length needed.

top man! great this should be a complete list now, thank you everyone for the advices.

Montag, 1. März 2021, 09:57

Apologies for stretching out this post but I have been doing final reviews and I came through these questions:

Is there any limit to how many RGBpx strip i can daisy chain to connect to D5 next pump? I know there is a max of 65W for the pump but not sure how much each strip consume.

Is there any other ambient temperature sensor other than AQ that is compatible with one of these products (OCTO/Farbwerk/Flow Mps/Pressure Mps)?

In terms of EK Cpu and Gpu blocks, will they work if I hooked them up straight away with farbwerk without any adapters using drgb headers on farbwerk?

Montag, 1. März 2021, 10:10

The D5NEXT can control 90 LEDs, unfortunately I have no answer for the other questions.

Dienstag, 2. März 2021, 05:47

The MPS-400 will be fine if your running 2x D5 in series, I have this with my 2x EK D5 Duel Revo. At 100% pump speed I can achieve 365lh. The only thing I recommend you add would be this. I had difficulty with my MPS not working until 1 day whilst topping up my res I noticed without the lid on my MPS was working fine, added the pressure relief and its worked fine ever since, 3 years so far :)
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Dienstag, 2. März 2021, 14:00

The MPS-400 will be fine if your running 2x D5 in series, I have this with my 2x EK D5 Duel Revo. At 100% pump speed I can achieve 365lh. The only thing I recommend you add would be this. I had difficulty with my MPS not working until 1 day whilst topping up my res I noticed without the lid on my MPS was working fine, added the pressure relief and its worked fine ever since, 3 years so far :)
much appreciated, added the membrane to my list !

Dienstag, 2. März 2021, 14:04

The D5NEXT can control 90 LEDs, unfortunately I have no answer for the other questions.
I guess this will definitely be plenty for 4-6 rgbpx strips.