• 25.04.2024, 03:15
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Low Fan RPM / Erratic behavior w/ EK-Vardar EVO 120ER Black BB & Splitty9

Sonntag, 14. März 2021, 18:53

Good afternoon everyone!

My setup is as follows; 2 radiators (240/360), 10 EK-Vardar EVO 120ER Black BB (500-2200rpm), AC Quadro and AC Splitty9.

Channel 1 of the Quadro is controlling my PWM pump. Channel 2 is connected to my Splitty9 controlling 6 fans (intake - push/pull - 360 radiator) and is drawing 12.96w total. Channel 3 has 2 fans (intake - 240 rad) and channel 4 has one exhaust fan.

I’m experiencing erratic behavior of the 6 Fans when they are directly plugged into the splitty9. The main issue is low RPM. The fan connected to the input labeled RPM will always function normally. However, the other fans will always operate at a lower RPM. Power draw in Aquasuite confirms that all 6 fans are indeed no operating at 100% RPM. However there are no warnings or anything displayed in Aquasuite.

I’ve verified all the fans operate normally when plugged into the Quadro independently and I’ve also tried a second splitty9 to verify my first is not defective. Why is this happening? Why will only 1 of the 6 fans connected to the splitty9 operate at max rpm?

Lastly, I decided to try dual PWM splitters, 6 fans - 3 splitters - 3 ports used on the splitty9 and everything works normally. What’s going on here? Why will the fans operate normall when a PWM splitter is placed between the Fan and Splitty9 connection? For reference, I'm using Noctua PWM splitters.

Thanks in advance for your time and help!

Sonntag, 14. März 2021, 19:45

This is a known Issue with EK Vardar Fans when using a Splitty9.

You need to remove the RPM Cables from all fan connectors on the Splitty9 except for the first Fan.

The Problem is that the Splitty9 connects all RPM Pins together (except the marked RPM connector), so you can use the Splitty9 for Aquabus, too.
EK Vardar Fans dont like it when all the RPM Pins are connected together. Only EK Fans have this issue.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (14. März 2021, 19:47)

Dienstag, 23. März 2021, 19:55

This is a known Issue with EK Vardar Fans when using a Splitty9.

You need to remove the RPM Cables from all fan connectors on the Splitty9 except for the first Fan.

The Problem is that the Splitty9 connects all RPM Pins together (except the marked RPM connector), so you can use the Splitty9 for Aquabus, too.
EK Vardar Fans dont like it when all the RPM Pins are connected together. Only EK Fans have this issue.
Thank you. I've cut the necessary RPM/Tach connections on my SPLITTY9 and my Vardars function normally.