• 16.04.2024, 11:10
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Problem with Octo

Mittwoch, 21. April 2021, 22:07

Hello,

I received the octo device today, plugged it to the motherboard via the USB cable, updated the Aquasuite software to the latest release (X.38), updated the Octo firmware (1014), plugged 5 fans (2 Antec 80 mm, 2 Antec 120 mm, 1 Silverstone 140 mm) to different plugs. All the fans have a switch to choose between 2 or 3 speeds. I have an Aquaero 6 LT too, connected to the motherboard via a USB cable.

The problem : I cannot change the fans speeds, either they are at 0 rpm or at the maximum rpm.

With the power preset : when the output in % changes, the rpm speed does not. For all the fans

With the target temperature : works as intended :
controller source : GPU=24°C.
Temperature=23°C : fan speed is 0 rpm
Temperature=25°C : fan speed is max rpm

With the curve controller :
controller source : GPU=24°C

Minimum temperature=20°C
Maximum temperature=30°C

When I change the curve shape with the slider, the output in % is modified but not the rpm : the fan speed works at its maximum speed.

Minimum temperature=10°C
Maximum temperature=30°C

Same shape curve as before
The output in % is modified but not the rpm : the fan speed works at its maximum speed.

Minimum temperature=30°C
Maximum temperature=40°C

Normal behavior : the output is 0 % and the speed is 0 rpm

I changed the switch speed on each fan : the behavior is the same, 0 or max rpm, only the displayed rpm is different and false : it displays more than 4000 rpm whereas the actual max speed is 2000 rpm.

Before using the Octo, the 5 fans were connected to an Aquaero 6LT output and worked fine with the curve controller. The Aquasuite version ws older since I did not migrate.

It seems to be an Aquasuite bug. What is your opinion ?

wpuser

Mittwoch, 21. April 2021, 23:43

The Octo can only control PWM-fans. Do you have PWM-fans?

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 10:34

No, only 3 pins fans.

wpuser

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 13:47

So, everything is working as expected. Quadro and Octo can only control PWM-fans. You either have to use PWM-fans or an aquaero.

Donnerstag, 22. April 2021, 16:10

OK, thank you for your answer.