• 05.05.2024, 20:47
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

SaiBork

RGBx help with fans connected (farbwerk 360)

Donnerstag, 3. Juni 2021, 18:35

Hi all, I got an OCTO and a farbwerk 360.

I'm using this with the following products:
Pump/Res - EK-Quantum Kinetic TBE 160 VTX PWM D-RGB
9x fan - EK-Vardar EVO 120ER D-RGB
LianLi Strimer cables (24-pin+2x8pin)
CPU block RGB
GPU block RGB
The two included RGB strips
Couple of temp sensors (No RGB on these :D )

Don't have a flow sensor yet ;)

Connections
The fans and pump are connected to the OCTO to control their power, this is fine and works without any issues.
- 3 fans using a splitter to header 1
- 3 fans using a splitter to header 2
- 2 fans using a splitter to header 3
- 1 fan directly on header 4
- Pump on header 8

The RBG strips that came with the farbwerk 360 are connected to the OCTO, one on each port because of cable lengths. These work as expected.

All other RGB is connected to the farbwerk 360
- Pump/reservoir is connected to the first ARGB (3-pin motherboard type) port
- Strimer 24-pin and 8-PIN cables are connected to their controller box, which has been set to "motherboard" control. From that control box it is connected to the second ARGB port
- The EKWB fans have a extension bit so you can keep adding more A/D-RGB items on it. I have used this to connect the 9 fans + the CPU block to the third ARGB port
- The GPU block is connected to the final port

- The two individual devices, the Pump/res (port 1) and GPU block (port 4) are working as expected. In aqausuite these are RGBpx 1 and 4.

Now for my issues:
First issue (split into two items)
The Strimer cables are semi combined
- I have created separate controllers on RGBpx2, but the first 21 options seem to change the colour on both cables. Where 22-28 are the final few blocks on the GPU/8PINs.
- When using the controller it can also do stripes where not all cables are enabled, whereas aqausuite only seems to do whole blocks.

The second issue
-The fans and CPU block share the same first 9 leds with 10-14 being CPU block only. This is because the fans have 9 leds and the CPU block has 14. This means I can't set up multiple controllers as they are all on the first 9 only.

I would have thought with extending the RGB connection with the fans would allow me to set up multiple controllers or something at least to have more control. Not just have a small controller to control all in 1 small controller setting.

SaiBork

Donnerstag, 3. Juni 2021, 18:46

Strimer Back is through the back of the case and thus not visible, but lights both 24-pin and the GPU-pin cables.
Strimer Combo also changes on both devices instead of a single device
Strimer GPU only changes leds on the GPU cables

Strimer example to show that the yellow goes over both

Moved the controllers up

You can see the green is now on the 24-PIN, but yellow is still on the GPU cables

FANs + CPU changes the leds on ALL fans and the CPU block.
Rest of CPU is the additional leds on the CPU block

As you can see, all fans are fully red, but CPU block as well, with little bit of blue