• 25.04.2024, 03:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite updates: GPU/CPU monitoring problem

Samstag, 26. Juni 2021, 22:00

Hi!
Several updates ago, Aquasuite stop to see the wattage of my 3070, despite before that update it could read it perfectly fine.
I saw Shoggy's message regarding some bug with wattage of RTX3000 in Aquasuite, however, it worked for me perfectly. I was hoping that it will be fixed eventually, since it's critically important data for me, but since then it doesn't work, while the rest of the monitoring tools work just fine and can see wattage with no issue (MSI AB, HWInfo, etc.)
Just updated today again, and the GPU wattage reading is not fixed yet, and on top of that, all metrics of Ryznen 5900 CPU fell off too, so I no longer can see Vcore, Core Temp, PPT, etc. (Just freshly installed Aquasuite, and CPU metrics came back. However, The GPU is still a concern.)
Please, fix it asap, I have lots of stuff linked to CPU/GPU, and it's made Aquasuite nearly useless.
Thank you in advance!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »CodeZ1LLa« (26. Juni 2021, 22:32)

Remayz

Samstag, 26. Juni 2021, 23:46

You can still use HWinfo data in Aquasuite if you like, while we wait for it to be added back in.

Sonntag, 27. Juni 2021, 09:49

The GPU values are not displayed due to an error in the Nvidia driver see here

The data will not be available again until the driver is working cleanly.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Sonntag, 27. Juni 2021, 18:11

The thing is, that it worked for me perfectly on older Aquasuite and pretty new driver, until the moment when I upgraded the Aquasuite. It also wierd that pretty much all other monitoring tools have no issues with that.
I have a small project based on libre (open source), that reads all sensors perfectly with any GPU driver. If Aquasuite devs need help, I gladly will assist.
Here is basically all that needed (C#):

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »CodeZ1LLa« (27. Juni 2021, 18:13)

Sonntag, 27. Juni 2021, 20:00

The GPU values are not displayed due to an error in the Nvidia driver see here

The data will not be available again until the driver is working cleanly.
This isn't entirely correct. The real answer is that there might be an error in the Nvidia driver but every developer other than Aquacomputer has implemented a workaround for several years ago.

That said, it isn't worth berating the Aquasuite developers over this. A lot of users have said that this is an important feature for them, so Aquacomputer is definitely aware of the problem. It has been approx four months since users started telling AC about this. The official word from AC is that they have no intention of fixing their own code - they are simply going to wait for Nvidia.

Fortunately, users can still leverage data from solutions like hwinfo.

Montag, 28. Juni 2021, 20:33

The problem is, that I have my pumps linked to the GPU/CPU wattage, and while it can be done with a temperature, it doesn't fits my needs perfectly, so monitoring is not enough in my situation.
Anyway, I really hope that Nvidia is aware of that and planning to do something with it, because it seems like that no one else has the same problem in their software, so Nvidia can drop the ball on it and we'll wait forever.
My only concern, that the previous versions of AC worked just fine and GPU wattage gone after AC update, not after nvidia drivers update, so for now, it I need to find which version was the last one that worked and roll back to it.
I would appreciate any help in my search

Mittwoch, 30. Juni 2021, 09:18

but every developer other than Aquacomputer has implemented a workaround for several years ago
No!
HWinfo, .... all other monitoing software has this issue. Every software that use the NVML Interface,
https://www.hwinfo.com/forum/threads/mem…0g-memory.6937/

With the driver version 471.11 maybe the bug is fixed. But we wait until we have stable results in our tests.

Zitat

The official word from AC is that they have no intention of fixing their own code
it is an NV bug. we can not fix this driver bug.

Zitat

AC worked just fine and GPU wattage gone after AC update, not after nvidia drivers update
The NV driver has a issue and we have to support the broken driver when the driver interface use more and more memory.

Zitat

A lot of users have said that this is an important feature for them, so Aquacomputer is definitely aware of the problem
Only a few users think they need this sensor value. For all others this is a disadvantage if we implement the defective driver interface in our software.

Freitag, 2. Juli 2021, 16:19

Thanks for the response!
Checked HWInfo, and it doesn't have a memory leak after 1 hour of running, so they probably found a workaround or 471.11 really fixes the issue.
Just re-enabling sensor shouldn't be a big deal, so it would be truly appreciated if you could re-enable GPU wattage sensor and release Beta as soon a possible to let people test it.
Thank you in advance!

Remayz

Freitag, 2. Juli 2021, 17:38

Seems to be very variable. some had the memory leak, personally i never experienced it, with Aquasuite or HWinfo, even on previous affected drivers.

Mittwoch, 7. Juli 2021, 01:44

Multiple posts on HWINFO forum say that Nvidia driver ver 471.11 has fixed the memory leak problem. Red-Ray (author of SIV) is one of the people who posted there that it appears to be fixed. Red-Ray is not known for being wrong.

I hope that Aquacomputer will complete their verification of this and re-enable GPU wattage sensor data soon.

Thanks!

Mittwoch, 7. Juli 2021, 17:35

Multiple posts on HWINFO forum say that Nvidia driver ver 471.11 has fixed the memory leak problem. Red-Ray (author of SIV) is one of the people who posted there that it appears to be fixed. Red-Ray is not known for being wrong.

I hope that Aquacomputer will complete their verification of this and re-enable GPU wattage sensor data soon.

Thanks!
I saw your post and used that to justify updating to 471.11 this morning. It's been only a few hours, but it appears that this does solve the problem. I'm still running X.38 and its memory footprint is still under 350MB after about 4 hours. The aquasuite service is showing a similarly reduced memory footprint.

Donnerstag, 8. Juli 2021, 02:24

Thanks!
I saw your post and used that to justify updating to 471.11 this morning. It's been only a few hours, but it appears that this does solve the problem. I'm still running X.38 and its memory footprint is still under 350MB after about 4 hours. The aquasuite service is showing a similarly reduced memory footprint.

Very Good News! At least another positive report. Sebastian did say "But we wait until we have stable results in our tests", which infers that they are testing the new driver. I understand his point that the leak sometimes gets blamed on AquaSuite, and they have to explain that its not their problem over and over again. He also said a lot of people don't monitor the GPU wattage anyway. so the benefit of leaving it enabled did not outweigh the potential downside. If NVidia really finally fixed it, their tests will show that and they will (I hope) reenable it in their next release. I guess waiting for proper software verification is better then what goes on over at Corsair...