• 20.04.2024, 05:16
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

DaLiu

Aquasuite issue, Fan ramping to 100% for a second randomly

Samstag, 17. Juli 2021, 12:47

Hello,

I just made my system some days ago, everything went well, using a lot of Aqua Computer hardware, Leakshield, D5 Next, High Flow, Octo, USB hub. I have 3 radiators with 3 fans each and one extra fan for exhaust, all controlled by Octo, all fans are Noctua NF-A12x25.

I did some testing using 3D Mark Time Spy to see how water temperature is going up and down, I have setup my fans fixed to 30% but for some reason sometimes, very rarely one of the fans is ramping to 100% not even for a second, I cannot figure it out why, anybody can help me on this?

Thank you!

Samstag, 17. Juli 2021, 15:10

I would look at the fan cable to that fan.
If it has a flaky connection on the PWM signal, and it occasionally opens, the fan would default to full RPM during those anomalies.

poulpy

Sonntag, 18. Juli 2021, 12:07

Other possible reasons i came across with this:

-You are using a software sensor as your data input and due to an unknown issue, on boot, the link between HWinfo, the system, etc..... and the aquasuite isnt working, hence the software sensor not available and your FAN(s) default to 100% or whatever default setting you have it/them on. Thats what happened to me and i had to restart the aquacomputer service after almost every boot. I went around this by giving up on software sensor for important data input and rearranged my sensors to have all critical sensors on the Octo. I must admit that 2 more temp input would have been nice.

-You are trying (by curve or manually) to set a FAN setting that is too low and your FAN will keep on switching from lowest setting to 100%

DaLiu

Montag, 19. Juli 2021, 01:58

Im not sure what is causing it, its quite rare, i changed all pwm splitters, not fan setting to for too low RPM, not sure...

Montag, 19. Juli 2021, 05:00

Have you swaped the fan to another position to see if the problem follows the fan or stays at the position?

DaLiu

Montag, 19. Juli 2021, 13:39

Have you swaped the fan to another position to see if the problem follows the fan or stays at the position?
I will try this.

DaLiu

Montag, 19. Juli 2021, 20:51

I swaped the fans to different position, tried different 3 way splitter, tried to put every fan on a single cable, still from time to time (maybe every 1-2 hours) I hear one of the fans ramping for not even a second, strangest thing I can see all my fans in HWINFO and I can't see any modification of the fan speeds in the monitoring and I don't have any other fans in the computer, only 10 x Noctua nf-a12x25.

Is not a big issue but is very annoying to know that is not perfect, something is wrong somewhere.

DaLiu

Dienstag, 20. Juli 2021, 00:27

Silly mistake, it was the fan from the power supply Seasonic TX-1000, the fan don't spin in idle and when it starts it just ramps up, I just realised now, sorry for confusion, my Noctua fans are working just fine.

Remayz

Dienstag, 20. Juli 2021, 01:02

depending on your case, if the fan is currently pointing down, you may be able to run the PSU passively longer by installing it with the fan pointing up (if it has access to air).
That prevents having heat rise towards the PCB. Keeps components cooler for longer

DaLiu

Dienstag, 20. Juli 2021, 01:11

depending on your case, if the fan is currently pointing down, you may be able to run the PSU passively longer by installing it with the fan pointing up (if it has access to air).
That prevents having heat rise towards the PCB. Keeps components cooler for longer
I have O11 XL so the PSU is on the other side and it takes fresh air from the side, Ill run the fan all the time instead of letting him sleep and ramping up every 2 hours.