• 27.04.2024, 14:46
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

High Flow 2 sensor makes clicking/ticking noise

Dienstag, 7. September 2021, 02:01

Hello,

I bought and installed the Aqua Computer High Flow 2 into my loop but it sounds like a ticking clock:

Video/Audio of the problem here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/co…ng_noise_in_new

As you can see from the video, it is mounted flat to the bottom of the case, I have turned the whole PC sideways/back and forth a few to release any air but the issue persists. :S

Remayz

Dienstag, 7. September 2021, 09:50

as they said in Reddit, i'd contact support to try to get it replaced.
The Flow2 can tick if installed vertically but as you have it here it should be totally silent.

Mine does that sound only when i tested it vertical.
In horizontal position, no matter the flow : zero sound.

Dienstag, 7. September 2021, 10:28

At what flow rate does it tick?
It is known that ticking is normal from 150 l/h, as these are rates of flow that are rather unusual and unnecessary for water cooling.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Remayz

Dienstag, 7. September 2021, 11:56

just FYI, i never heard any noise up to 300l/h ;)
the ticking seems to be slow so i suspect the pump isn't running very fast in the video.

Mittwoch, 8. September 2021, 19:57

Thanks for the replys guys,

In terms of flow speed, I have 2x D5 pumps set to speed setting 3 out of 5. But I only have a cpu monoblock and 2 radiators on it using 16/10mm pipes. So its not like I have to set to max speed or anything, I did not try lowering the pump speed, but today I removed and send back the sensor to be replaced by another one.
Hopefully the next one will be without this problem but I will report back with updates on this.