• 25.04.2024, 07:34
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

D5 Next Issue

Dienstag, 7. September 2021, 06:25

Hi folks,

Having a heck of a time filling my loop. I have an Aquacomputer D5 Next pump which is really tucked away and not visible--I know it's not ideal because it has a display and controls on it, but I really really wanted an aquabus pump to go with my aquaero. Guess that was a dumb choice. The D5 Next is connected by USB to a USB hub (which is not connected to the PC yet), by aquabus to the aquaero (which is on), and by SATA power to the PSU

I've made sure that the loop is airtight using an air test. Now I'm filling it. There are definitely still big air bubbles present but I've tried to shake it around a bit. At this point, the res is totally fully so I need the pump to start moving some water around. When I push the water out of the res using a small hand pump feeding in to the res (same way I air tested the loop), as soon as I release the pressure a bit the res fills right back up.

Here are my issues:

• D5 Next makes a horrible "running dry" sound on occasion. To fix it, I have to use the hand pump to push water to it

• When it's not "running dry," there seems to be almost no flow. I can tell that it's on--I hear it, I can see the water in the tubes next to it shaking around a bit, and the fittings are vibrating, but there's very little flow.

• After a short time of operation--doesn't seem to be a consistent time but between 3-8 minutes I think--the pump starts flashing red and making a beeping noise. Because it's completely inaccessible to me, I can't really see what the display says.

Needless to say, taking apart the loop--electrical connections and rigid glass tubing--would be a HUGE pain in the butt. I'd like to figure out what the issue is without doing so. Any tips?

Dienstag, 7. September 2021, 23:26

You should connect the USB hub to a PC to see the error messages...
Intel 12900K - Asus Maximus z690 Formula - 2x16 GB G.Skill DDR5 6000/36 - NVidia RTX 4090 FE
Acer Predator x27 - Thermaltake Core P5 - Corsair HX850i
-> Bilder und weitere Details <-

Donnerstag, 9. September 2021, 03:16

From your description, the pump is working perfectly but your loop is a problem.

It sounds like you have a big bubble that is blocking flow. It is probably in an area where flow goes up and then comes down. Often, this will be a radiator end tank or a problematic distro plate. How much of your loop do you have access to? Do you have any pics you can share?