• 23.04.2024, 22:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Need Help - What to Buy for Dual Loop, many Fans & Addressable, Digital RGB

Samstag, 29. Januar 2022, 02:25

Hi everyone! currently in the corsair commander pro ecosystem and looking to switch to Aquacomputer ecosystem.
Seeking help from experts here so I can buy everything I need all in one go.

Have tried to research and read a few Aquaero, Octo manuals but thought I'd post and seek advice.

I have a dual loop configuration which I am planning to have the following components all connected via aquacomputer:

Loop1:
Flow Sensor Flow NEXT
D5 pump (PWM)
8 x Fans (4 are Corsair LL120 - 16LED each, 4 are Noctua)
Temperature In-line Sensor

Loop2:

Flow Sensor Flow NEXT
D5 pump (PWM)
4 x Fans (Corsair QL140 - 34LED each)
Temperature In-line Sensor

In addition to the devices above, I have:
5 LED strips (12V) - Cablemod Widebeam, ARGB (https://cablemod.com/product/cablemod-wi…led-strip-60cm/) - I can daisy chain these and connect to my mobo header but can these be controlled by Aquasuite? If so which Aquacomputer device supports 12V Addressable RGB?
6 DRGB devices (5V) - CPU waterblock, GPU waterblock, and LED strips for the distro plates and D5 pumps
3 x QL120 Case fans - each with 34LED
Want to add an ambient temperature sensor to measure ambient temperature also

Am confused with Aquabus connections, whether I need an aquaero or not, if an Octo + Splitty12 + Splitty4 + farbwerk, will suffice and how to connect them all together??
An annoying limitation is that I only have 1 (ONE) USB 2.0 header in my motherboard.

Keen to dive into the Aquacomputer ecosystem and enjoy the added functionalities and temperature curves above the Corsair stuff.

Thank you so much in advance for your help!

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2022, 07:24

Looks like a pretty good plan to me.

You can do without the aquaero. Make sure the sensors you are talking about will plug in to the back of the high flow NEXT.

Search Amazon for "Motherboard Internal USB Port Multiplier" Turn your one header into 2 or 4 headers.

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2022, 08:52

So... I dove deep and did some more research and have placed my order. Pretty huge order, if my wife knew what I've been spending on this custom loop she will kill me.

I went ahead with the aquaero 6XT as it will look nice at the top of my case in one of the 5inch bays.
As for the sensors you mention I won't need these anymore once both high flow NEXT's have been incorporated? They have their own temp sensors right which will send the signal through to the Hubby7?
Planning to plug both High Flow Next to the Hubby7 via the spare USB slots made possible by the Hubby7

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vR7fVjxkTO2FrE6nLSGLraNsD-zkb6jr9yYNaV5V0Y8E0xoHQE-kpyAMFaLcPm1DM7A0BlH7p5oNIPS/pub?output=xlsx

Here is a spreadsheet showing how each part links to which part.

Total controllers:
Hubby7
Aquaero 6 XT + Aquabus X4
Octo
Farbwerk
Farbwerk360
Splitty12 x 2
Splitty4 x 3
Splitty9

Any comments / thoughts welcome!

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2022, 17:19

High flow NEXT has connector of external water temp sensor. Idea is high flow NEXT is on one side of radiator and external sensor is on other. Then high flow NEXT can calculate "power" of radiator. How much heat it is exchanging to air at a given moment. Nice, but not a requirement.

Note many people are now using cheap raspberry pi displays with HDMI connections to show aquasuite sensor panels rather than the Aquero. Note getting an HDMI cable to these can be a challenge while still hiding them from view.

See this video at about 7:35 forward to see using two of these in a case at once with aquasuite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOYPBy36gNk

Love his build videos. He is always using aquacomputer stuff in his builds.

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2022, 17:21

Note you can use the combination of Aquasuite and AIDA64 to do the same thing. I'm doing that. Mostly because I had AIDA64 setup before I started getting my Aquacomputer components.

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2022, 19:05

I have an internal display that is 1024x600. Rather than run an HDMI cable to the outside of the case and plug it into a GPU output, I used a USB video adapter. First I tried a USB to HDMI video adapter but it would not do 1024x600. So I tried an old Pluggable USB2.0 to DVI video adapter I had laying around. It would do 1024x600 but I had to add a passive DVI to HDMI adapter. It ended up being a little convoluted but it works great. Here is a LINK to how it is wired. The Hubby7 and Pluggable USB2.0 to DVI video adapter fit nicely in the back of my case. The display shows up in Windows but there is no HDMI cable running from inside the case to outside of the case and I am not using up an output of my GPU. Works great!

Sonntag, 30. Januar 2022, 20:37

I have an internal display that is 1024x600. Rather than run an HDMI cable to the outside of the case and plug it into a GPU output, I used a USB video adapter. First I tried a USB to HDMI video adapter but it would not do 1024x600. So I tried an old Pluggable USB2.0 to DVI video adapter I had laying around. It would do 1024x600 but I had to add a passive DVI to HDMI adapter. It ended up being a little convoluted but it works great. Here is a LINK to how it is wired. The Hubby7 and Pluggable USB2.0 to DVI video adapter fit nicely in the back of my case. The display shows up in Windows but there is no HDMI cable running from inside the case to outside of the case and I am not using up an output of my GPU. Works great!

That would work great. Interesting. :thumbup:

Montag, 31. Januar 2022, 00:45

Yeah I was pretty bummed when the USB to HDMI adapter would not do 1024x600. The Pluggable UGA-165 USB2.0 to DVI adapter spec lists 1024x768 but does not list 1024x600 but it does it. The first one would only do 1024x768. So depending on what the resolution is of your internal display, you may or may not have trouble getting a USB video adapter to do it.

I bought a second internal display that is 1920x480 just to play with. The AIDA64 forum has a lot of nice sensor panel layouts for this size but I didn't want to have to run AIDA64 and Aquasuite (AQS). I made an overview page for it and added it to my overview page for the 1024x600 display. It took awhile to figure out the coordinates for the items that make up the overview page but it works fine. I ran into trouble when I decided to move these displays in the Windows raster. If you move a display, you have to go back into the overview panel page and updated the coordinates of every single item. That is why I asked the Aquacomputer devs to consider added a Global Offset. So if I wanted to move and entire overview page 1920 pixels to the right (for example), I would select them all then right click and enter a Global X offset. Same for Y coordinates. They said they would think about it but I have not heard anything since.

There are displays out now that connect with USB-C instead of having a video input. People use these with AIDA but I am not sure if they would work with AQS. I don't think they show up as a display in the Windows raster, so I am not sure how you would build an overview page for this type of display. I may get one to play with. Good luck!

Dienstag, 1. Februar 2022, 08:50

These tips are very helpful in case one would plan to place an internal sensor monitor in the case, appreciate it. :)