• 27.04.2024, 17:25
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

robbiec

Options

Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2022, 12:52

Hi All,

This is probably mainly aimed @Shoggy but others might be able to help too :)

So I have a reasonable investment in AquaComputer tech - Aquaero 6LT, Aquabus Expander, Hubby7 (Very useful), D5 Next + Aqualis D5 150 ml with nano coating , Cuplex Kyros Next Vario Vision and a Splitty4 in use currently. I am running 7 120mm fans (currently converting to NF-F12 PPC 3000 PWM). It looks like this:

Tweak to the build by Robbie Corrigan, on Flickr

Radiators are 240mm (Push Exhaust) and 360mm (Push x 3 / Pull x 2) - I have the Aquaero mounted on the bottom deck with the Hubby beside it.

So my question are these, if I have 7 PWM fans, do I continue as is with the old Splitty 4 or upgrade to the newer Splitty9 Active? How do I integrate Leakshield into this setup? I have the D5 Next, do I need a new pump mount / reservoir?

Many Thanks
Robbie

Amd Ryzen R9 5950X | Asus Crosshair Viii | AMD RX6800 | 32GB B-Die 3600 C15 | 2 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | 2 x Addlink S70 1TB | 2 x Toshiba X300 4TB | Aquacomputer: Cuplex Kyros Vision Vario PVD - D5 Next - Ultitube 150 - Airplex Radical 360/2 x 2 - Splitty4 - Hubby7 - Leakshield - Some RGBx | Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W | Lian-Li 011 Evo | 6 x Noctua AF12 PPC | LG 27GN88A-B | Oculus Rift S | Graham Slee Bitzie DAC

Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2022, 13:41

The Aquaero can switch 30W at 12 V per fan output, the new fans have 3.6 W, so you can put all 7 on one port, or split them between the ports with normal splitter cables.
There used to be problems with the PPC, but they should be history. If there were problems, the Slitty 9 Active would be the solution.

You can simply screw the LEAKSHIELD onto the Aqualis instead of the balancing valve, you only need an adapter with 2 external threads, alternatively you can also connect the LEAKSHIELD directly to the adapter for the Aqualis, with the disadvantage that you have to drain the system..

Assembly example
LEAKSHIELD Standalone

Adapter Aqualis

You definitely do not need a new pump.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Taubenhaucher« (17. Februar 2022, 13:44)

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

robbiec

Donnerstag, 17. Februar 2022, 16:28

Many Thanks @Taubenhaucher - I've put an order in for the Aqualis version of the Leakshield + the Splitty9 as backup. I was planning a stripdown anyway so draining / refilling won't be an issue.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »robbiec« (17. Februar 2022, 16:30)

Amd Ryzen R9 5950X | Asus Crosshair Viii | AMD RX6800 | 32GB B-Die 3600 C15 | 2 x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB | 2 x Addlink S70 1TB | 2 x Toshiba X300 4TB | Aquacomputer: Cuplex Kyros Vision Vario PVD - D5 Next - Ultitube 150 - Airplex Radical 360/2 x 2 - Splitty4 - Hubby7 - Leakshield - Some RGBx | Seasonic Prime Gold 1000W | Lian-Li 011 Evo | 6 x Noctua AF12 PPC | LG 27GN88A-B | Oculus Rift S | Graham Slee Bitzie DAC

robbiec

Samstag, 26. Februar 2022, 21:11

My Leakshield and Splitty9 Active arrived yesterday :)

Hmm.. when you sacrifice filters over airflow and work in a dusty attic

So full stripdown and cleanout required.

Took out the rads and I had a Mayhem's blitz set up on the shelves so rinsed them out, hoovered them out and filled with Blitz P1 overnight. Bit of crud came out but nothing massive.

I then rebuilt a loop out of the case and have started the Blitz P2 stage - been running for about 4 hours.

In the meantime, case got stripped completely, hoovered, wiped down and as I was taking pictures, spotting more dust so I went to work with some cotton earbuds :)

Looked clean enough so time to start putting bits back in starting with my trusty AquaComputer Hubby7

then the AquaComputer Aquaero 6LT

To hold it in place I use plastic standoffs:

Moving around the back, I have one of my latest AquaComputer toys, namely a SPLITTY9 ACTIVE which I have mounted above the HDD drive bay as it takes SATA power and I just need a single cable run from the Seasonic to power the HDDs and Fan Hub.

HDDs then were taken out of caddies, wiped down and reassembled dust free:

Trying to keep on top of cables as I go:

Meanwhile, Mr Mayhem's Blitz P2 is working away

Drain, Flush, Fill, Drain,Flush, Drain - Then I'll strip the loop down, disassemble the D5 and Aqualis 150 for a proper clean and then I can add this to the setup: