• 24.04.2024, 03:24
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Recommendations for a pump to push coolant 6ft up?

Freitag, 18. Februar 2022, 02:44

I'm starting to spec a custom rackmount cooling system. I'm looking to cool machines which could be as much as 6ft above the cooler. This is probably too much head for a regular D5 to handle, even with multiple pumps (or maybe not with tops at the top and bottom?). Are there other pumps I should be looking at which can be controlled and monitored by an Aquaero 6?

I'm looking at 5x420x60mm radiators and up to 8 Aquacomputer XCS GPU blocks (maybe as 2 parallel sets of 4?) in the loop, plus a bunch of QDCs, so the flow resistance is going to be significant in addition to the height.

Freitag, 18. Februar 2022, 19:35

In a closed loop, the height difference does not matter.
If the coolant goes from the rack down to the cooler and back up to the rack, then gravity will help with leveling the coolant, reducing the effective height difference to zero, Any D5 can handle this.

The problem is filling the loop, when the pump has to fight against gravity in a loop partially filled with air.
Once the air is gone and all the hoses are filled with water, the D5 pump will work just fine.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Hufeisen« (18. Februar 2022, 19:40)

Montag, 28. Februar 2022, 03:35

That's a very good point.

Due to the radiator and block count, perhaps I should just run multiple D5s anyway. In a machine where I have D5 -> 480x60 -> 480x60 -> 3x Kryographics 3090 blocks (in series), the flow rate seems to max out at only about 115lph. I don't think there is much benefit to a higher flow rate than that, but it would be better for pump lifespan if that flowrate could be hit at only 60% duty cycle rather than 100%.

Freitag, 4. März 2022, 08:57

In a closed loop, the height difference does not matter.
If the coolant goes from the rack down to the cooler and back up to the rack, then gravity will help with leveling the coolant, reducing the effective height difference to zero, Any D5 can handle this.

The problem is filling the loop, when the pump has to fight against gravity in a loop partially filled with air.
Once the air is gone and all the hoses are filled with water, the D5 pump will work just fine.

Filling shoudn't be a problem if you strategically place fill and vent points at the very top of the loop (maybe have the resevoir at top as well) and have both open when filling.

That way the pump isnt doing the work :)