• 09.05.2024, 16:18
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

(Solved) VERY disappointed in the AC ecosystem (High Flow Next /D5 Next USB disconnecting issue)

Freitag, 4. März 2022, 16:07

EDIT: See post #8 for the solution, it involves disabling the Aquasuite Service.

I bought a High Flow Next for my old system to see if I liked the AC ecosystem, and then the trouble started: my mobo (a ASUS Crosshair VII with the latest beta BIOS and Windows 7) didn't want to detect the HFN. Eventually I coaxed it into getting detected, and then my second problem popped up: it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting for whatever reason.

I then broke out my Core 2 Duo testing rig and the HFN works just fine there. However, the second I plugged in a D5 Next I want to use in my new build to update it's FW and change the language to something sane (aka something I can read as a non-German) it started doing the same thing the HFN was doing on my CH7. That, and my HFN also quit working on said mobo.

Wat do?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Wasmachineman_NL« (8. März 2022, 00:31)

Freitag, 4. März 2022, 17:58

The aquasuite (as Microsoft) no longer supports Win7.

Freitag, 4. März 2022, 19:00

Windows 7 ist outdated and not supported.

Freitag, 4. März 2022, 20:35

Windows 7 ist outdated and not supported.
Not supported, okay, fine, but the HFN and D5 constantly disconnecting and/or not even being detected is unacceptable. I'm gonna try Win10 next on my test rig and see if that fixes it.

Montag, 7. März 2022, 05:52

AMD mobo's are notorious for having problems with USB, google it
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Montag, 7. März 2022, 15:30

Could it be a power saving option in BIOS that causes a disconnect?

Montag, 7. März 2022, 15:53

I nitially had a lot of problems getting my Octo recognized (also on an AMD B550 mobo). Several Bios updates later and repeated disconnection/reconnection to the USB header and it worked just fine and has done fo rthe last 12 months.

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 00:29

So, after a bunch of screwing around (such as installing Win10 on a secondary drive and later updating my BIOS to 4703 with AGESA 1206) I found a rather bizarre fix to get the HFN working under Win7: disabling the Aquasuite Service fixes (????) the dropout issue. Re-enabling it causes the HFN to drop out again.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Wasmachineman_NL« (8. März 2022, 17:03)

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 01:57

So now you are running Windows 10 with latest Bios and AGESA, and still having USB connection problems with the HFN, and stopping the AQS service stops the USB connection problems, right? Have you tried the D5 again after Bios and OS updates? Are you running AQS X.50? Firmware is up to date? If the AQS service is stopped, I am not sure how that affects USB communication with Aquacomputer devices. I stopped the AQS service and could still change RGB effects on a Farbwerk360 and I could still control fans via the Octo. Data import and virtual sensors stopped working. So communication continues over USB when the AQS service is stopped. If one device is still connecting and disconnecting, maybe its a bad unit. If both of them are having USB problems, then there is some system specific issue.

FWIW, I have a 5950X running on a Asus X570 Dark Hero mobo and have never had a USB problem with AQS or anything else. I don't have a HFN or a D5 (yet) but I do have an Octo and 2 Farebwer360s. USB connectivity has been fine through 11 Bios updates and 7 AGESA updates. I am not using any high bandwidth devices that require USB3.0 or above so maybe my USB data loads are just not high enough to cause problems. Most posts I have read about X570 & Ryzen USB problems involve virtual reality headsets, video streaming devices, and other high-bandwidth loads. You haven't shared what other USB devices are in your system or PCIE buss loads (GPU, M.2 drives, sound cards, etc.). These things could be affecting the USB connectivity issues you are having. Can you provide more information about your system?

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 10:12

So, after a bunch of screwing around (such as installing Win10 and updating my BIOS to 4703 with AGESA 1206) I found a rather bizarre fix: disabling the Aquasuite Service fixes (????) the dropout issue. Re-enabling it causes the HFN to drop out again.

Can you clarify something please:

Are the High Flow Next parameter Values dissapearing from

1) HWINFO Only
2) Aquasuite Only
3) Both at the same time?

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 14:06

So, after a bunch of screwing around (such as installing Win10 and updating my BIOS to 4703 with AGESA 1206) I found a rather bizarre fix: disabling the Aquasuite Service fixes (????) the dropout issue. Re-enabling it causes the HFN to drop out again.

Can you clarify something please:

Are the High Flow Next parameter Values dissapearing from

1) HWINFO Only
2) Aquasuite Only
3) Both at the same time?
With the service on HWiNFO sensors won't detect the HFN at all, Aquasuite and Device Manager go crazy and does this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozwROcRU2ks

Aquasuite X.50, Windows 7 Enterprise. Funny you mention you're running a C8DH Speedy-VI, my main system also has one and that's where the D5 Next will be going into in the near future.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Wasmachineman_NL« (8. März 2022, 17:02)

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 18:16

With the service on HWiNFO sensors won't detect the HFN at all, Aquasuite and Device Manager go crazy and does this:

Aquasuite X.50, Windows 7 Enterprise. Funny you mention you're running a C8DH Speedy-VI, my main system also has one and that's where the D5 Next will be going into in the near future.
Your video shows that things are definitely messed up.

The video shows that you are running AQS X.50 but your HFN is constantly connecting and disconnecting. When its connected, AQS is saying it needs a firmware update. AQS X.50 included a firmware update for the HFN (v1014). When you updated to X.50 were you able to get this firmware update installed into the HFN? If no, can you go back to X.49 and try updating AQS and the HFN firmware again? I am thinking that AQS updated to X.50 but the firmware update failed for whatever reason. Now you have a HFN running old firmware that is not compatible with AQS X.50. That or the HFN is defective.

Next, what about the D5 Next? I don't see it in AQS in your video. Have you tried connecting it? If yes, does it do the same thing as the HFN? When you installed AQS X.50, did your D5 Next firmware update to v1021? If yes, does it work OK? If no, does it constantly connect and disconnect like the HFN?

Finally, the other variable here is Windows. You said in an earlier post that you had updated to Windows 10, but in this post you say you are running Windows 7 Enterprise. Sebastian has already said that Windows 7 is not supported. If you want help from Aquacomputer, I think you need to be running Windows 10 as they are not going to spend their time troubleshooting the issue when you are running an OS that they have already said is not supported.

Dienstag, 8. März 2022, 20:14

Your video shows that things are definitely messed up.

The video shows that you are running AQS X.50 but your HFN is constantly connecting and disconnecting. When its connected, AQS is saying it needs a firmware update. AQS X.50 included a firmware update for the HFN (v1014). When you updated to X.50 were you able to get this firmware update installed into the HFN? If no, can you go back to X.49 and try updating AQS and the HFN firmware again? I am thinking that AQS updated to X.50 but the firmware update failed for whatever reason. Now you have a HFN running old firmware that is not compatible with AQS X.50. That or the HFN is defective.

Next, what about the D5 Next? I don't see it in AQS in your video. Have you tried connecting it? If yes, does it do the same thing as the HFN? When you installed AQS X.50, did your D5 Next firmware update to v1021? If yes, does it work OK? If no, does it constantly connect and disconnect like the HFN?

Finally, the other variable here is Windows. You said in an earlier post that you had updated to Windows 10, but in this post you say you are running Windows 7 Enterprise. Sebastian has already said that Windows 7 is not supported. If you want help from Aquacomputer, I think you need to be running Windows 10 as they are not going to spend their time troubleshooting the issue when you are running an OS that they have already said is not supported.
tl;dr: main SSD has Win7, installed Win10 Enterprise on secondary SSD, upgraded FW on HFN, switched back to Win7, disabled AS service, got bored, shutdown PC for the night, fast forward a day or so, found out my HFN works while I was testing a GPU OC.

Mittwoch, 9. März 2022, 08:58

can you go back to X.49 and try updating AQS and the HFN firmware again? I am thinking that AQS updated to X.50 but the firmware update failed for whatever reason. Now you have a HFN running old firmware that is not compatible with AQS X.50. That or the HFN is defective.

Therein lies another problem. Due to the way the installer works you can only install the current version (it checks on line during the install) and it is not possible to roll back to an older version (unless AC decide there is a major issue and change the download the installer fetches from)

Freitag, 11. März 2022, 00:12

can you go back to X.49 and try updating AQS and the HFN firmware again? I am thinking that AQS updated to X.50 but the firmware update failed for whatever reason. Now you have a HFN running old firmware that is not compatible with AQS X.50. That or the HFN is defective.

Therein lies another problem. Due to the way the installer works you can only install the current version (it checks on line during the install) and it is not possible to roll back to an older version (unless AC decide there is a major issue and change the download the installer fetches from)
Oh I was not aware of that. I usually update from within AQS rather than download the new version. I have never tried to regress (never had any reason to), so I did not know that it won't let you, even if you have a setup EXE of an older version. Due to this restriction, I am not sure what to advise OP. His video shows that there is something very wrong and it looks to me like every time the the HFN connects, AQS says it needs a firmware update, but it won't stay connected long enough to do a firmware update. I am still wondering if his D5 Next is also doing this on the system running Windows 10. If it is, then it's most likely some system level problem. If the D5 Next connects and works fine, then maybe the HFN is defective and its time for an RMA. I don't know what else to suggest.

Freitag, 11. März 2022, 00:48

Oh I was not aware of that. I usually update from within AQS rather than download the new version. I have never tried to regress (never had any reason to), so I did not know that it won't let you, even if you have a setup EXE of an older version. Due to this restriction, I am not sure what to advise OP. His video shows that there is something very wrong and it looks to me like every time the the HFN connects, AQS says it needs a firmware update, but it won't stay connected long enough to do a firmware update. I am still wondering if his D5 Next is also doing this on the system running Windows 10. If it is, then it's most likely some system level problem. If the D5 Next connects and works fine, then maybe the HFN is defective and its time for an RMA. I don't know what else to suggest.

me personally I would probably ferret out my spare 256Gb SSD, disable the current NVME boot drive and do a clean W10/W11 install on the SSD followed by a clean install of AQS and see what happens.

Freitag, 11. März 2022, 18:51

me personally I would probably ferret out my spare 256Gb SSD, disable the current NVME boot drive and do a clean W10/W11 install on the SSD followed by a clean install of AQS and see what happens.
I think OP may have got it working. In his last post he says he installed Windows 10 Enterprise on another drive, (assume) installed AQS, connected his HFN and updated the firmware. So it sounds like the HFN was connecting OK with Win 10 Enterprise. Then he put it back into a Win 7 build and disabled the AQS service. OP does not mention why he disabled AQS service in Win 7 but I assume he was still having problems with the HFN and Win 7. Then he said he shut down for the night, then found out the HFN was working while doing a GPU overclock. So I think this means that the HFN worked fine with the Win 10 Enterprise OS, then started working with the Win 7 OS. I re-read this thread and don't see any statement that the HFN did not work with Win 10 so I think all of OP's problems were due to trying to run AQS in Win 7, which Aquacomputer has stated is not supported.

Samstag, 12. März 2022, 00:46

I think OP may have got it working. In his last post he says he installed Windows 10 Enterprise on another drive, (assume) installed AQS, connected his HFN and updated the firmware. So it sounds like the HFN was connecting OK with Win 10 Enterprise. Then he put it back into a Win 7 build and disabled the AQS service. OP does not mention why he disabled AQS service in Win 7 but I assume he was still having problems with the HFN and Win 7. Then he said he shut down for the night, then found out the HFN was working while doing a GPU overclock. So I think this means that the HFN worked fine with the Win 10 Enterprise OS, then started working with the Win 7 OS. I re-read this thread and don't see any statement that the HFN did not work with Win 10 so I think all of OP's problems were due to trying to run AQS in Win 7, which Aquacomputer has stated is not supported.
I'm tired as shit so I will keep this short for now:
Win7: needs AQS service disabled.
Win10: everything works somehow.

In other news, I built a open loop in my main also running Win7 and guess what: the D5 Next also has disconnection issues. 3950X/C8DH on latest BIOS. Disabled the AQS service and everything is fine somehow.

Samstag, 12. März 2022, 07:39

Well, why don't you try WinXP instead?!

Just kidding. I wonder why people are insisting on using outdated OS versions if it even causes them so many headaches.
Intel 12900K - Asus Maximus z690 Formula - 2x16 GB G.Skill DDR5 6000/36 - NVidia RTX 4090 FE
Acer Predator x27 - Thermaltake Core P5 - Corsair HX850i
-> Bilder und weitere Details <-

Samstag, 12. März 2022, 14:32

Well, why don't you try WinXP instead?!

Just kidding. I wonder why people are insisting on using outdated OS versions if it even causes them so many headaches.
Because Win7 still gets updates? https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads…ribution.45005/

That, it's got a sane UI, "net stop wuauserv" stops updates dead in it's tracks and I don't care about new games since it's all politicized bullshit or outright broken releases these days.

@topic: After disabling the AQS service everything works somehow, both on my old and main system with AC stuff. (old: HFN, new: D5 Next)