• 28.04.2024, 05:33
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Confused as to what to purchase…

Freitag, 18. März 2022, 05:44

Hi everyone,

So I’m new to water cooling and I’m trying to set up a low maintenance system with a lot of security.

I was hoping the aqua suite would provide that.

In Canada the only easy device to get was the quadro so I ordered that. However the dilemma is that it seemingly doesn’t do everything that I need.

I’m looking for a central hub for:

My pump, my fans, and temperature sensors.

I want to have a system that’s capable of monitoring that situation. I was under the impression that the quadro was capable of checking and monitoring for discrepancies and could shut the computer down, but that’s not the case.

I do see that the octo can do that, but even that is limited.

The aquareo seems to be a possible solution but it’s way beyond what I can justify plus I have no slot to put it in.

What I want to do is monitor my system in case there is an issue, and if there is to shut it down preventing any damage. Whether that be gpu or cpu temp, or the pulp not functioning.

Is that possible on the octo or the quadro? Is there anything I can do to set this up? And for leaks, is the leak shield the only option or is there a less expensive alternative?

I just don’t want to make a mistake and buy something I don’t need or doesn’t suit my needs if at all possible.

Thanks in advance.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »andsoitgoes« (18. März 2022, 05:45)

Freitag, 18. März 2022, 07:57

An Quadro/Octo should be enough if you
-rely on Software
-have a Pump under 25W / or PWM with external 12v source (molex/SATA)
-one (Quadro) or 2 (Octo) RGBpx Channels are enough
-4 External Sensors are enough

U can Set up everything u want in the Playground. I don’t have then ENG version of Aquasuite not in mind, but there’s a way to set up warnings and even shutdowns in a submenu of the Playground.

If u wand Hardware Controlled shutdowns u need an Aquaero. Same is true for DC Controlled Pumps.
Also Aquaero Supports Aquabus to set up an Ecosystem that’s not rely on software.
And have 8 channels for External Sensors

For Leaks Leakshield is the best way do Monitor that. Not only monitoring but also prevent damages due to small leaks. No more dripping und sensitive components. For the best protection u night get an extra USB wallplug for the leakshield. It can even Operate when the PC is Shut down.

Hope that helps a little

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »SCANDALOUS« (18. März 2022, 07:58)

Remayz

Freitag, 18. März 2022, 10:21

you can trigger windows shutdown from aquasuite from whatever sensor status you like.
The only additional option Octo has is a signal output, that you can use to switch off the computer in hardware (requires a cable to install between the PSU and motherboard 24 pin cable)

But as is, Quadro can do all you want, with the addition maybe of a flow sensor (like high flow 2 directly connected, or high flow NEXT through USB). and Leakshield.