• 25.04.2024, 13:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Leakshield Troubleshooting, no response from support

Donnerstag, 21. April 2022, 21:54

My leakshield is giving me "Frequent Pump Activation" alerts, and I have reached out to support for assistance, but received no reply 6 days.
The most recent alert happened under load, when the system and the water were hot (34c). However, last night I was playing the same game, for a longer period, with no alarm. I had been running the system in it's current configuration for one day prior without significant load. Today's alert was the first in this configuration.

Before this event, I had been receiving the error with both the cpu and gpu watercooled in the loop. I have since completely torn down my system several times, testing each component, tube, and fitting. I've tested each part with a hand pump (positive pressure) and with the Leakshield. I have removed one tube that didn't hold pressure, everything else holds pressure for very long periods of time (I tested the new gpu block for 3 hours and some of the fittings overnight)

I rebuilt the loop to it's current configuration conservatively, removing the CPU block because of the cracks on the surface, even though it

passed all tests. All tubes are 10/16mm which meet the requirements in the documentation. Coolant is cryofuel clear with distilled water. Photo of loop added below along with the event log and alert graph.
The event log shows a strange discrepancy between the setpoint pressure and the pumping pressure.

04/21/2022 09:57 Event: Alarm: Pump runs too frequently Mode: SHIELD State: Establish negative pressurePressure: 377 mbar
04/21/2022 09:57 Event: Warning: Pump runs too frequently Mode: SHIELD State: Establish negative pressurePressure: 377 mbar
04/21/2022 09:57 Event: Pressure too low. Mode: SHIELD State: Protected Pressure: 377 mbar
04/21/2022 09:57 Event: Pumping finished. Mode: SHIELD State: Establish negative pressurePressure: 457 mbar
04/21/2022 09:57 Event: Pressure too low. Mode: SHIELD State: Protected Pressure: 377 mbar
04/21/2022 09:57 Event: Pressure setpoint changed. Mode: SHIELD State: Protected Pressure: 377 mbar
04/21/2022 09:57 Event: Pumping finished. Mode: SHIELD State: Establish negative pressurePressure: 432 mbar

Why does the pump claim to have established a much higher pressure? What is a setpoint?
This was good reading: Should Shield-mode go to the set point temperature?

As with this user, I also have a lot of condensation, whenever I open the utilitube I find the bottom of the leakshield covered in condensation, too. Unlike that user, my system does have plasticizer (new edpm tubes on route!). So I'll go out and buy some isopropanol.
I should also mention that the level sensor is very unreliable on my system. Sometimes it reads 0%! sometimes it'll state the level is very low % even when the water is nearer the top. It currently reads 14% which is plausible as the tube is 1/4 full (and your system measures 0% at some level above the bottom)

https://imgur.com/a/HkGVQG2
https://imgur.com/a/YNyg4cV
https://imgur.com/a/tw6c2tN

Thank you

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »plusran« (22. April 2022, 06:39)

Freitag, 22. April 2022, 13:09

We need to see a pressure chart of your LEAKSHIELD at the time the alarm occurs. That enables us to check if anything is fine with the LEAKSHIELD.
Your tubing looks like PVC tubes - not EPDM. So you will have of course plasticizer in your coolant.It's possible that your membrane is clogged. That would cause the LEAKSHIELD to reach too high vacuum pressure values and then the pressure will fall quickly forcing the LEAKSHIELD to pump again.

About your coolant: We are not here to talk about products from our competitors. Your coolant contains sodium 2-ethylhexanoate shown in the MSDS. Use google and check yourself for possible "coolant issues".

Freitag, 22. April 2022, 21:58

We need to see a pressure chart of your LEAKSHIELD at the time the alarm occurs. That enables us to check if anything is fine with the LEAKSHIELD.
Your tubing looks like PVC tubes - not EPDM. So you will have of course plasticizer in your coolant.It's possible that your membrane is clogged. That would cause the LEAKSHIELD to reach too high vacuum pressure values and then the pressure will fall quickly forcing the LEAKSHIELD to pump again.

About your coolant: We are not here to talk about products from our competitors. Your coolant contains sodium 2-ethylhexanoate shown in the MSDS. Use google and check yourself for possible "coolant issues".

Thanks so much for your response Stephan. I will gather a pressure chart as soon as I can. I have removed all the components and rinsed them to try to remove plasticizer. I'm thankful the d5 you sent has a filter inside, it caught a lot, but there was even more of it in the radiator, cpu, and gpu waterblocks. I got most of it out and await new epdm tubing.

Are there instructions for how to remove a clog from the membrane? Do I disassemble it and clear the clog manually or use isopropanol on a cotton swab and gently dab the white center piece? If I cannot adequately clean it, would it be possible to replace it?

I misinterpreted the coolant warnings in the documentation. American companies will often make such claims about their proprietary products when regular, inexpensive materials will suffice. It's clearly not the case here. I hope I have not completely ruined my leakshield! This thing is so cool.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »plusran« (22. April 2022, 22:04)

Samstag, 23. April 2022, 02:11

:!: it fell on the floor and no longer draws pressure.

Can it be serviced?

Montag, 25. April 2022, 12:17

About cleaning the membrane: The membrane can be easily cleaned using isopropanol. Don't touch the membrane just place a few drops on the membrane and remove is using a paper towel. The towel should not touch the membrane with any force.
This can be done several times until it is clean.

If it has fallen at the floor and doesn't establish vacuum the rotary joint is maybe broken. You will need a new lower part and this one will also bring a new membrane. For the repair you need to send the LEAKSHIELD to us, as you are not able to open it without special tools.
Sorry to hear about this!

I suggest to use DP Ultra coolant after you cleaned your system.