• 19.04.2024, 22:22
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Modularity 420 copper radiator leakage at tubing manifold / bulkhead

Mittwoch, 27. April 2022, 16:28

Dear Radiator fans;

I cleaned a big radiator I got used and was pressure testing it in a big bucket of water with a dr. Drop and a co2 tyre inflator.

It is not holding pressure.

I only load it with a few bar of pressure.

I see a slow bubbling where the copper tubings are connected to the steel manifold plate with rubber grommets.

I changed the thin rubber gasket with a new o-ring.

It is leaking slowly at both ends.

Is the tubing grommets going bad ?

Can I reseal it with a soft silicone bathtub calk or some other goo or glue?

Has anyone had problems with these radiator rubbers getting old and brittle?

Are they replaceable? If I send it back to Germany can they rebuild this or can a radiator shop re-build this?
The grommets seem to be press fit and may require special tooling to force the rubber over the tubs and manifold plate?

I see new units available for 200 or so USD. I am thinking of buying a new unit and sending the old unit for factory overhaul.
I can always find a place for a spare radiator somewhere.

I noticed the slow leak with leaksheild reporting this radiator loop as leaky.

Photos and bubble video on demand.

Mittwoch, 27. April 2022, 17:04

Can you tell me about the exact pressure? Because "a few" bar could be too much for this radiator. Standard types are rated 1bar and on request 5 bar (with different stainless steel plates).
If the pressure is too high the stainless steel plate will deform and the radiator is simply defect. In that case you need to apply new sealings and the stainless steel plate. But this can only be done in factory as you need special press tools fo do it.

Freitag, 6. Mai 2022, 10:35

2 bar or so.
i found the leak in one of the copper tubes. I tried fixing it with uv cure epoxy and coating the inside of the tube then curing it.
It was not at the grommet bulkhead.

i think I'm going to buy a new radiator.

Freitag, 6. Mai 2022, 12:21

If the copper tube has a leak then it's mostly due a mechanical damage. If possible soldering is the best way to fix it.