• 27.04.2024, 22:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Recommended Settings

Montag, 30. Mai 2022, 00:13

I would greatly appreciate feedback and suggestions for recommended settings. I am running a dual loop system, with an AMD 5800x and a RTX 3080. I have D5 next pumps and would appreciate help with settings in aquasuite.

Should I be using curves for the pumps and fans, or target controller for both? If target, what temperature should I be aiming for? 35-36?

With Destiny 2 running, on target controller setting on fans at 35C, pump is on curve.

CPU is at 37c, Pump is at 3900-4000 rpm and fans at 100%
GPU is at 35C Pump is at 4200 rpm and fans at 41.4%

All help is appreciated, thank you!

Montag, 30. Mai 2022, 03:12

Rad Fans - There is nothing wrong with using a coolant target temp for fan control. You can also use a curve based on a temp, or the difference between two temps. I subtract ambient temp from coolant temp and use the difference as the control source for my rad fans curve. This is a pretty common practice since it removes the affect of seasonal changes in ambient temp on fan speeds. You can expand on this in the Playground with logic that says use the difference between coolant and ambient but if the CPU or GPU temps exceed certain values, run the fans at 100% until CPU and GPU temp drop below another certain value. Example - Normally your rad fans speed is determined by coolant/ambient Δt, but if the CPU hits 85°C, fan go to 100% and stay there until CPU temp decreases below 75°C.

Pump - You can vary your pump speed based on a target temp or a curve but it has been shown many times that varying pump speed, outside of extremes, does not really make much, if any difference. I set my pump to 90% of max and just leave it there. I don't start to see temps rise until I slow the pump down to around 40%. I could just run the pump at 100% but I feel like 90% may be a little easier on the pump. Higher pump RPM will result in higher flow rate but this does not affect coolant temp that much, again within a reasonable range.

Note - if you really want to get fancy, and you have temp probes and the inlets and outlets of your rads, you can calculate the amount of heat a rad is dissipating based on inlet temp, outlet temp, flow rate, and the specific heat of water.