• 26.04.2024, 14:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Leakshiled 0 fill level

Sonntag, 29. Mai 2022, 23:30

I have just installed leakshiled and i am facing problem in reservoir fill level measure: it always sais 0%.

The reservoir is Ultitube 150 for d5 pump. I have OCTO and High Flow Sensor. Visually I can say that with the negative pressure at 400 mbar it is filled about at 50%.

I have tried several time the measurement but always keeps zero values and there are no error reported by aquasuite.

Can you help me guys ? :S

Montag, 30. Mai 2022, 08:31

Did you configure the reservoir correctly?

Montag, 30. Mai 2022, 11:17

You have maybe air in your system, for example in the radiator.

LEAKSHIELD determines the level by measuring the amount of air in the system. The difference to the volume of the reservoir is then the calculated level.

This only works correctly if the system is properly deaerated. If there is still air in the radiator, for example, this is also taken into account. Basically, this is the correct way to determine the fill level,since air potentially ends up in the reservoir at some point.

You can test your system for proper deaeration using LEAKSHIELD:

1. Activate the RELEASE mode
  2. Mark the fill level in your expansion tank
  3. Activate the TEST mode with a negative pressure of 400 mbar
  4. Check if the level in the reservoir has changed

If the system is properly deaerated, the level will not change or will change minimally. If there is a compressible medium (air) in your cooling system in addition to water, the level in the reservoir will rise. In this case, the system must be deaerated.
Note: The remaining amount of air in the system is the change in the reservoir * 2.5. 100ml change in the level means that there is still 250ml of air in the system!.

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2022, 02:13

:) thanks for your help. I have performed about 50 time deareation a quite some air comes up.

So i filled a bit more the reservoir and now the level is measured but it is wrong.

I have just performed release->test mode and I have a level variation about 1,2cm.....so i guess there is more air inthere.
But how can i remove it ?

i have tilted 30° the pc case sever times during deariation and after, i have did this with pc turned of, on and with water temperature at 45°C and i have removed a lot of air for sure and so i achieved 1,2cm reservoir variation.

now what can i do deareate even more ? pleacing the case upside down its hard mainly beacuse its weights around 45 kg and second because leakshild membrane will be sunked in water.

I give you more details about my setup

I have d5 pupm ultitube 150 flow meter and water filter. Tubing is made by EPDM material 10/16mm diameters (about 3 meters). pump is running at full speed with 2,0 l/min flow

I have 420 radiator on top, 420 radiator on front (low side connections), 280 rad on bottom (up facing connections), 140 rad on bottom (up facing connections).

thanks for your help and suggestions

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2022, 07:25

I have a level variation about 1,2cm
too much air in your system. max 1...2 mm are acceptable for a vaild level measurement.
tilt your system during your pump is running @ max power. sometimes it is difficult to remove all the air in a system.

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2022, 17:51

If you can not remove the air inside the rervoir yoi can also adjust the settings for 0 / 100% to values that fits.

Remayz

Donnerstag, 2. Juni 2022, 19:36

you won't have to put the case upside down ^^
the front rad with connexions at the bottom will retain air at the top end tank. Likewise, the top radiator will have trouble getting the air pushed down to the pump.

Try to tilt the case on its side towards the top radiator's intake fitting, to help air rise to the exhaust port as the pump pushes.
Always watch the pump because as air moves, the level will drop, probably fairly quickly. Stop to refill and repeat. Do not let the pump suck air as you tilt or you'll be back to square one ^^

Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2022, 05:34

Hi Folks,
I'm also trying to remove air as was the case in this older post.
Stephan responds with the quote below.
What settings is he referring to?
If you can not remove the air inside the rervoir yoi can also adjust the settings for 0 / 100% to values that fits.