• 28.04.2024, 00:08
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

What mode does the Octo controller set the water pump to when first starting PC.

Samstag, 23. Juli 2022, 18:45

I was filling my PC with coolant and had only power to the water pump connected through the Octo controller. When I turn on the power supply, the pump only runs in pulses about 3-4 seconds on, and 3-4 seconds off. Is this the default setting of the Octo until I change it when Aquasuite is installed? I am wondering because the pump does not run long enough to keep pushing the water so I can get the air out while filling the loop.

Samstag, 23. Juli 2022, 18:48

not that I'm aware of. For filling probably better just connecting direct to the mobo anyways

Remayz

Samstag, 23. Juli 2022, 19:11

when filling your loop, just disconnect the pump PWM from the octo, it's way easier like that. It makes it run at full speed. then reconnect when you remove the jumper to boot properly

Samstag, 23. Juli 2022, 20:22

not that I'm aware of. For filling probably better just connecting direct to the mobo anyways
I can`t do it that way. If I connect it to the motherboard, I will not be able to move it back to the Octo in the back of the case. My GPU is vertically mounted in front of the mobo.

Samstag, 23. Juli 2022, 20:25

when filling your loop, just disconnect the pump PWM from the octo, it's way easier like that. It makes it run at full speed. then reconnect when you remove the jumper to boot properly
I`m not sure what you mean. Where do I connect it to?

Samstag, 23. Juli 2022, 21:16

onto one of the fan headers on the motherboard. Same as you would do if you didnt have the OCto

Remayz

Samstag, 23. Juli 2022, 21:38

When the pump PWM is disconnected, by default on most brands, the pump runs at 100%
Just leave the connector hanging while filling the loop, then once you're done, reconnect to the octo.
Connecting to the motherboard while the 24 pin cable is disconnected will at best do nothing i guess.

RE: What mode does the Octo controller set the water pump to when first starting PC.

Samstag, 23. Juli 2022, 22:31

I was filling my PC with coolant and had only power to the water pump connected through the Octo controller. When I turn on the power supply, the pump only runs in pulses about 3-4 seconds on, and 3-4 seconds off. Is this the default setting of the Octo until I change it when Aquasuite is installed? I am wondering because the pump does not run long enough to keep pushing the water so I can get the air out while filling the loop.

I believe there may be two items contributing:
  • the OCTO is not receiving RPM reports
  • and you have the Start Boost selected for that port
THIS

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 00:53

When the pump PWM is disconnected, by default on most brands, the pump runs at 100%
Just leave the connector hanging while filling the loop, then once you're done, reconnect to the octo.
Connecting to the motherboard while the 24 pin cable is disconnected will at best do nothing i guess.
If I just leave it hanging then it will not have any power.I have the EK 011D G1 PWM Distribution Plate. I have the 24 pin ATX cable disconnected and using the bridge connector to turn on power supply. The Octo is getting 12v power and I have the pump connected to the Octo. I cannot plug the pump in at the mother board because the GPU is mounted vertically. I will not be able to move the cable back to the Octo with out removing the GPU and draining the loop again. But the thing is, the pump does not run full speed. There is no OS or software installed at this point. I am just filling the loop with coolant by just giving the pump power. Nothing else. I just wish the pump would run full speed.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (24. Juli 2022, 00:55)

Remayz

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 02:18

is that the pump that has no SATA power connexion?
This distro plate should ship with a DDC 4.2 pump, and it uses SATA for power, and PWM only for speed control, unless it has changed.

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 02:30

No. It does does not have a SATA connector. Just a 4-pin PWM connector. I think I will just go forward with installing Windows 11 and Aquasuite software and then change the pump to full speed to try to get the rest of the air out of the loop.

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 04:06

The EK 011D G1 PWM Distribution Plate is the version with a DDC pump. The spec says it has a Sata power connection. They also have one with a D5 Pumpand one with a D5 Mini Pump. I'm not sure what a Mini D5 pump is but the specs for all of these versions say they have Sata power. Are you sure there is only a 4-pin PWM cable and no Sata power cable coming from that pump?

EK Pump Sata Power.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (24. Juli 2022, 04:10)

Remayz

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 04:29

i believe only the retail version of the distro plate has a DDC 4.2. The distro plate that ships with the O11 from Lian Li has another model which is PWM powered only, slightly lower power.
In that case you could do as WinstonWoof advised. If your motherboard has an AIO pump PWM header, that one would be higher power (3A usually) and likely to run at full speed by default (but you have to power on with the motherboard connected obviously).

Since you will need to be able to power the pump standalone in the future, i would probably try to get one of those :
https://www.amazon.com/CRJ-4-Pin-Sleeved-Power-Adapter/dp/B0711CR7HV/

Whenever you will change the coolant, you'll have to remember to set the pump to full speed in the Octo before switching off, or use one of those cables to only send 12V to the pump. either way should do it i guess?

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 14:53

I have the older version EK distro plate which has the DDC 3.1 PWM pump. It only has the DRGB and PWM connectors on it. No SATA connector, which makes more sense to have. The thing is, the specs on it says the pump by default will run at 100 percent when no PWM signal is present. So, I think the Octo, by default, is making it run in PWM mode. I wish I knew the 4.2 version was out before I bought the 3.1 version. :pinch: I will get the SATA to PWM power adapter cable to make future coolant changes easier. I wonder if I can buy just the DDC 4.2 pump to replace my 3.1 pump? Then it will have the SATA connector on it.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (24. Juli 2022, 14:57)

Remayz

Sonntag, 24. Juli 2022, 16:24

yep, same mount, so it will fit right in. And you'll have the added benefit of having higher flow at lower speed. the 3.1 specs are basically 1/2 of what a normal DDC can do.
EK sells bare DDCs. you'd just have to remove the factory pump top and install i on the distro plate. it's a 5 min job.

Montag, 25. Juli 2022, 19:39

I have the PC build finished now and Aquasuite is installed and running. I tried to set the pump speed to 100 percent, but it still only runs in pulses. I am also at a total loss on how to use the software. Are there any guides for beginners on how to set all this stuff?

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2022, 06:48

Try here: ;)
"no shit lady, does it sound like i'm ordering pizza?"

Dienstag, 26. Juli 2022, 13:47

I tried to set the pump speed to 100 percent, but it still only runs in pulses.

Are you getting a "Warning RPM is low' error message on the fan port you have the pump connected to? (Warning_RPM_is_low.jpg)