• 28.04.2024, 00:20
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Jubijub

How to control A-RGB lights ?

Freitag, 29. Juli 2022, 23:53

Hello,

I am lost on which Aquacomputer product to use to achieve this.

I have an Aquaero 6, a bunch of other devices (Ultitube Next, high flow next, etc…)
I also have a bunch of devices with A-RGB (Noiseblocker fans, EKWB blocks lights.)

I would like to control A-RGB lights based on delta-T calculated by the Aquaero.

Which products shall I use in between ?
I need some sort of splitter that offers multiple RGBpx channels (since I have 2 loops, I want to control 2 groups of lights), and “something” to control those channels from the Aquabus (maybe the ultitubes / high flow next can do that?).
I have found the RGBpx -> A-RGB converters

In total I would like 2 groups as follows :
CPU group :
- 1x ultitube
- 1x high flow next
- 2x Noiseblockers

GPU group :
- 1x ultitube
- 1x high flow next
- 2x EKWB terminals (water block + active plate)
- 4x Noiseblockers

I have A-RGB splitters from EK, so both groups end up as 1 A-RGB cable.

Thanks for your help,
Julien

Remayz

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 00:29

well.. for ARGB there's only the Farbwerk360 but it's USB only afaik. The Octo and quadro only serve as fan controllers in Aquabus i believe.
Any reason to not use aquasuite to transmit the data through USB?

Jubijub

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 10:28

Thanks for your reply.

My reason (which is why I got an AQ6 in the first place) is that I use my computer 50-50 between windows and Linux (Arch), and to my knowledge there is no aqua suite for Linux?

If it did exist I would rely just on USB and ditch the Aquabus, but it doesn’t seem like an option ? (I’d be happy to be proven wrong

pagusas

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 19:01

well.. for ARGB there's only the Farbwerk360 but it's USB only afaik. The Octo and quadro only serve as fan controllers in Aquabus i believe.
The Octo has 2 ARGB ports for supporting ARGB in aquasuite. I do exactly what the OP wants, just with my CPU temp instead of Water temp. To do what you'd want OP, an OCTO would work + setting up a virtual sensor in the sensors section and setting the RGBpx section to Color Switch (where the colors change base on sensor input). Then define your range and color values.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »pagusas« (30. Juli 2022, 19:14)

Remayz

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 21:14

the product page for the Octo doesn't say the Aquaero can control its RGB ports through Aquabus, that's why i don't think it would work.

Otherwise yes, through USB, and windows only, it works fine.

Jubijub

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 21:55

The Octo has 2 ARGB ports for supporting ARGB in aquasuite. I do exactly what the OP wants, just with my CPU temp instead of Water temp. To do what you'd want OP, an OCTO would work + setting up a virtual sensor in the sensors section and setting the RGBpx section to Color Switch (where the colors change base on sensor input). Then define your range and color values.

Sounds good, Octo it is then !
Thanks!

Remayz

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 22:24

https://www.aquacomputer.de/tl_files/aquacomputer/downloads/manuals/aquaero_5_aquaero_6_english.pdf

look at page 39.

I don't own an aquaero so i can't test, but it seems that through aquabus, only the fan outputs, and the temp and flow inputs are controllable. but not the ARGB outputs.

Jubijub

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 22:34

https://www.aquacomputer.de/tl_files/aquacomputer/downloads/manuals/aquaero_5_aquaero_6_english.pdf

look at page 39.

I don't own an aquaero so i can't test, but it seems that through aquabus, only the fan outputs, and the temp and flow inputs are controllable. but not the ARGB outputs.

Hum…
The Octo manual also makes no mention of this.

So it would appear there is no Aquabus solution, only USB, which requires Windows :(

Remayz

Samstag, 30. Juli 2022, 23:22

i have vague memories of a post by someone from AC saying aquabus was too slow for the amount of traffic required for RGBpX, but i can't find where it was.
But.. the Octo will still be able to run ARGB without windows with control from its on board sensors, (but not on delta T obviously).

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 00:45

i have vague memories of a post by someone from AC saying aquabus was too slow for the amount of traffic required for RGBpx, but i can't find where it was.
But.. the Octo will still be able to run ARGB without windows with control from its on board sensors, (but not on delta T obviously).
I also recall Aquacomputer stating that Aquabus has insufficient bandwidth for RGBpx data. I do wonder how much data actually runs back and forth between Aquasuite and the controller when its just sitting there playing back a preset. When you configure a preset, Aquasuite pushes that data across USB, but once its in the device, it does not seem like there would be that much data going back and forth. This excludes having things like virtual sensors or temps not local to the Octo control the LEDs. For that you need Aquasuite running and USB connected.

If you just want basic solid colors, or presets that do not require external data or virtual sensor output, I think that once you configure that preset, the Octo will just start playing it when it boots up. I know the Farbwerk360 does this. My LEDs controlled by a Farbwerk360 start doing their thing as soon as the Farbwerk360 and the LEDs have power. The presets I have set up do not involve virtual sensors or data sources not local to the Farbwerk360. The Octo ports are probably the same. I have an Octo, but am not using the RGBpx ports on it so I don't know for sure. I think it you connect the Octo via USB, boot into Windows, run Aquasuite and set up presets that do not require external data or derived data (virtual sensor), then shut down, remove the USB connection and boot into Linux, the Octo RGBpx ports should start playing back those presets.

Jubijub

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 11:19

I bought an AQ specifically for the “doesn’t require drivers or specific OS, set it up once and it works independently.

I don’t blame Aquacomputer for not expanding this to RGBpx, it’s probably a super niche market and for most users having the Aquasuite service running in the back is perfectly acceptable.

Oh well, I’ll have static lighting I guess.

Remayz

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 14:59

you could pop in another in line temperature sensor to the loop connected to the octo, and have that temperature vary the RGB lighting.
It wouldn't be delta T, but it would react the same, just not on the same scale. that's probably the closest solution