• 28.04.2024, 14:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 09:11

For that ambient temp sensor i talked about, yo'ull want to connect it to an imput of the Octo and place it somewhere where it won't be directly taking warm exhaust from the case. Some install it close to an air intake, others like me leave it dangling off the desk out of sight.

And don't just be aware of the exhaust of the PC you're using it on. Also remember the exhaust of any laptop you may have on the desk ;o)

Remayz

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 14:49

For that ambient temp sensor i talked about, yo'ull want to connect it to an imput of the Octo and place it somewhere where it won't be directly taking warm exhaust from the case. Some install it close to an air intake, others like me leave it dangling off the desk out of sight.

And don't just be aware of the exhaust of the PC you're using it on. Also remember the exhaust of any laptop you may have on the desk ;o)
That would be embarassing ^^

Remayz

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 14:53

Ticked all the device boxes that I want to monitor in the Hardware Monitor, but can not find Data from Aquacomputer Service to add virtual sensor. Here is a screenshot of one fan curve. Did I do it right?

Update: I found "Data from Aquacomputer Service". But I do not know which CPU button to click on that shows temperature. There are so many. The same with the GPU. I would like it to show GPU temperature.

For the CPU, look at "CPU package". For the GPU, it should be "GPU core".

Sonntag, 31. Juli 2022, 23:42

I found the "Data from Aquacomputer Service" under the Data Quick View tab. But when I clicked on CPU Package or GPU Core it just shows a graph at the bottom of screen. It does`nt go to the Overview or Octo Sensors or Fans tab.How do I get to stay?

Montag, 1. August 2022, 00:21

I found the "Data from Aquacomputer Service" under the Data Quick View tab. But when I clicked on CPU Package or GPU Core it just shows a graph at the bottom of screen. It does`nt go to the Overview or Octo Sensors or Fans tab.How do I get to stay?

You have to import the sensor into one of the Soft Sensors in the Sensor Tab under the OCTO.
  • click on the octo tab
  • click on the Sensors tab under the octo
  • click on one of the sixteen Soft Sensors at the top of the Sensors page
  • click on the '+' button below (you can also rename the sensor)
  • select the sensor you want to use from the list that pops up to the right {import.jpg}
  • that sensor will be available as a source for your controller curve

Montag, 1. August 2022, 02:33

Okay, got the CPU and GPU to show temps. Tomorrow I will connect the ambient sensor and work on the other things.

Montag, 1. August 2022, 03:23

Remayz, I just realized you already explained how to get a soft sensor set up in those info graphics. After re- reading them, things are starting to click in my mind. :whistling:

Remayz

Montag, 1. August 2022, 03:57

yeaaa, don't throw my MS-Paint time in the bin, there's info in there lol

Dienstag, 2. August 2022, 02:06

So, I got that Ambient sensor connected now. It`s hanging out the back of the case and a little below the table. I went into the Playground and tried to start adding virtual sensors, but this part is not working out for me. I don`t quite understand how to do this part of it.

Remayz

Dienstag, 2. August 2022, 02:47

MS-Paint time lol

The two (+) buttons may be confusing. The top one is to add a virtual sensor, the bottom one is to add stuff inside the virtual sensor.
Basically, creating a virtual sensor is creating an OUTPUT. It can be anything, a temperature, a value in watts, a percentage.... Here we want a temperature.
In the virtual sensor, you then add sources, and various little modules to manipulate those sources into what you want. Can be the 4 basic operations, could be filters, logic gates etc... Here we only need a substraction since it's a delta-T we want to create.

Dienstag, 2. August 2022, 10:17

Creating a Basic Virtual Sensor and Using in a Curve Controller

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TisPkLBMJo0

(and yes I know, there's a small error in selecting the correct Sensor in the final step)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WinstonWoof« (2. August 2022, 10:32)

Mittwoch, 3. August 2022, 00:56

I`ll watch the video in a moment. I just started my PC and opened Aquasuite, and all my sensor names are gone. I had 2 sensors named as Water Pump and Ambient. The other 2 were soft sensors named as CPU and GPU. The temps still show, but their names are gone. They just went back to their default names like Sensor 1 and Soft Sensor 1. This is the second time this happened.Anyone know why this is happening?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (3. August 2022, 02:56)

Mittwoch, 3. August 2022, 07:48

I`ll watch the video in a moment. I just started my PC and opened Aquasuite, and all my sensor names are gone. I had 2 sensors named as Water Pump and Ambient. The other 2 were soft sensors named as CPU and GPU. The temps still show, but their names are gone. They just went back to their default names like Sensor 1 and Soft Sensor 1. This is the second time this happened.Anyone know why this is happening?

on the vanishing name front only thing I can suggest is :

Rename them now
Close Aquasuite fully (not just minimise to the taskbar)
Reopen Aquasuite and see if the names are still there.

Donnerstag, 4. August 2022, 23:00

Did you figure out why your custom Soft Sensor names were reverting back to defaults?

I have had custom Soft Sensor names revert to defaults several times. I have also had custom names for certain sensors in my Overview Pages revert to the "Automatic Title" a few times. It's only happened a few times and I never did figure out why. Custom names for sensors in an Overview Page are stored in a .page file located in C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data. For Soft Sensors, the custom names seem to be saved as you type them, whereas custom names for Overview Page items are saved when you click OK in the Settings box. I don't know where Aquasuite stores the custom names for Soft Sensors but have done some investigating.

If I look in the file C:\ProgramData\aquasuite-data\Settings_SoftwareSensors.xml, I see all of my custom Soft Sensor names for my Octo and 2 Farbwerk360's, so I figured this is where Aquasuite saves the names. What's interesting is that about a week ago, I happened to change the name of one of my Octo Soft Sensors. When I looked in the Settings_SoftwareSensors.xml file, it still had the old custom name, even after fully closing and re-opening Aquasuite. The new name was saved, but apparently not in this XML file. I then tried changing the names of a few other Soft Sensors and adding custom names for Soft Sensors that I had never used before, just to see if the new names would show up in this XML file like they used to. They didn't, so it seems (to me) that Aquasuite USED to save the Soft Sensor custom names in this XML file but no longer does, and no longer gets the custom Soft Sensor names from this XML file..

I don't know when they changed where the custom Soft Sensor names are stored, or where they store them now. There are a few other XML files in that directory but none of them contain the Soft Sensor names except Settings_SoftwareSensors.xml, which seems to contain names I set a long time ago but does not update if I change a custom name or add a new one. I thought maybe they now store them in the Registry but I could not find any evidence of this in a Registry search. I always keep Aquasuite up to date and am currently running X.56. I suspect that Aquacomputer changed where the Soft Sensor names are stored in one of the previous updates. Whatever they did seems to work better because I have not had a Soft Sensor name revert to the default in a long time. I realize this does not solve your problem, but it may start a discussion about where the Soft Sensor custom names are saved, which may help to resolve why yours are not being retained.

Freitag, 5. August 2022, 19:02

Did you figure out why your custom Soft Sensor names were reverting back to defaults?
No, I do not know why it did that. I just re-named them again, and it has stayed that way so far now. But, this morning I got a message saying that Aquasuite services stopped and that I needed to check that my firewall is not blocking it. ?( I do`nt think my firewall is blocking it.

Freitag, 5. August 2022, 19:52

So, today I watched WinstonWoof`s video and re-read Remayz`s info graphics to add a virtual sensor in the Playground. I would like to post some screenshots of my Aquasuite pages so you guys can check and see if I have things right and offer some advice on things I should change. When I created the virtual sensor, I named it what Remayz did in the example. I was not sure what to name it, so I called it Water over Ambient. I don`t even fully understand what I just did here in the Playground. Maybe you guys could give me crash course for Dummies. ^^

Oh, and does the Water Pump get set with the Water over Ambient in the Controller Source too? I put in a screen shot of the pump. Thanks all.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 5 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (5. August 2022, 20:29)

Remayz

Freitag, 5. August 2022, 20:32

looks alright ^^

But you will want to change the temperature scale on your fan curves. now it is a temperature difference that runs them. the number is a lot lower than the 25° to 45° you had set before.
you have 20% PWM at 25°C when it was just water temperature.
You could set that to 20% PWM at 2°C for example, and your 90% PWM at 20°C

for example, with your current ambient temperature of 26°C, that will be 20% PWM at 26°+2° = 28°C water temp
full speed at 26°+20° = 46°C water temp
Adjust to taste of course

in winter if say you have 19°C in the room, your fans will max out when the water temperature reaches 39°C (19+20), adjusting automatically for the cooler room.

Basically, the ambient temperature sensor will shift the fan curve up and down, so that the radiators always work at the same efficiency in winter or summer.

When you will have adjusted the numbers, you can actually try this very easily. If you touch the ambient sensor to warm it up, the fan speeds will decrease drastically. And when you release and the sensor cools down, the fan speeds will increase.

Oh and you can use the same sensor for the pump if you want to vary its speed. Not necesarely needed, but have a go at it if you like.
Your loop shouldn't be too restrictive so, as long as you don't run the pump crazy slow, you shouldn't see much benefit to vary the speed. You'll mostly see the GPU temperature change with flow.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (5. August 2022, 20:36)

Freitag, 5. August 2022, 21:02

You could set that to 20% PWM at 2°C for example, and your 90% PWM at 20°C

Sorry, you lost me on this. ?(

Do you mean I am to change the Minimum and Maximum temperature in the Automatic Setup to 2C and 20C
Forgot to show a screenshot of what I did in the Playground.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (5. August 2022, 21:23)

Remayz

Freitag, 5. August 2022, 21:42

Here :

Your minimum temperature is 25°C.
Now that the controlling sensor is water over ambient, the difference between ambient and water, the number is a lot smaller. Here you have only 4.5°C
At full blast when gaming, the sensor may reach like 20°C.
But the fan curve starts at 20%PWM at 25°C, which means the fans will never spin up at all, as they are set right now.

The temperatures were set as absolute temperature : water temperature
Now that you are using a temperature difference, you have to adjust the fan curve accordingly

Cool would be 2 or 3°C above ambient
hot would be like 20°C above ambient

So you just have to adjust those two numbers in Minimum temperature, and Maximum temperature

Freitag, 5. August 2022, 21:56

Like this? Fans are going up and down a lot.

Does this mean that at idle water temperature should be around 2 to 3 degrees above ambient temperature? Currently water temp is 31.9C and ambient temperature is 25.9C.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »WaterBoy61« (5. August 2022, 22:14)