• 23.04.2024, 13:43
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

radiator pinging/popping during Leakshield Test Mode

Freitag, 26. August 2022, 23:31

During Leakshield Test Mode my loop held the negative pressure just fine, but I heard my two EKWB radiators make a few pops/pings. It sounded as if channels might be collapsing.
Have y'all heard something similar from your radiators during your first Leakshield Test and/or do you think I should be worried?
Thank you

Dienstag, 30. August 2022, 09:55

The maximum negative pressure of LEAKSHIELD is mostly not a problem for a radiator.

As you heard a "ping" sound" I assume that he soldering of some fins to the brass tubes has been broken. This might happen at fins that are only slightly soldered to the tube. I'm sure this has no effect at the thermal performance of the radiator.
We haven't seen any radiator with an issue due the negative pressure of LEAKSHIELD. At the pressure test of an radiator you often also hear theses sounds due broken fin solderings. The material is very thin at watercooling radiators and any pressure change deforms it.
At many radiators some fins are not perfectly soldered and only hold in place by the paint. The paint can also break if there is any movement.

Of course this will not be possible at airplex modularity or radical radiators as we don't use soldered conenctions.

Dienstag, 30. August 2022, 19:13

Thank you very much. This is very informative and helpful.
I have only recently discovered aquacomputer products and I am very impressed.
Thank you again.