• 27.04.2024, 13:19
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

aquasuite has just lost all my GPPU and motherboard sensors

Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2022, 11:02

aquasuite has just lost all my GPPU and motherboard sensors

Basically i now have manual control of my fans with the octo, as there are no GPU or CPU sensors available to use for the fan ramp. what is going on?

Here is a pic of the sensors i have available
https://postimg.cc/34LnrDPm

How do i fix this?
I7 12700k - Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4 - TEAM GROUP 2X16GB DDR4 3600C16 - MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10GB - Crucial P5 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe Gen4x4 - WD SN850 1TB M.2 NVME Gen4x4 x2- SanDisk 2TB SSD PLUS 2.5" - Corsair RM850X - Lian Li o11D XL - EK 360mm PE - EK 360mm XE - EK supremacy classic - Generic (GPU) - Ultitube 150 D5 - dell s2721dgfa 27" nano IPS 165hz Custom corsair PSU cables

Dienstag, 4. Oktober 2022, 15:39

Restart your System.
It looks like the Hardware Monitoring is not working. Other software can blocking the aquasuite Monitoring.
Try a clean install.

red-ray

Freitag, 7. Oktober 2022, 15:06

Is the service running? From a Command Window do sc query "Aqua Computer Service" to check, below is what I get, what do you see?

Do other programs report the sensors OK?

Quellcode

D:\SIV>sc query "Aqua Computer Service"

SERVICE_NAME: Aqua Computer Service
        TYPE               : 10  WIN32_OWN_PROCESS
        STATE              : 4  RUNNING
                                (STOPPABLE, NOT_PAUSABLE, ACCEPTS_SHUTDOWN)
        WIN32_EXIT_CODE    : 0  (0x0)
        SERVICE_EXIT_CODE  : 0  (0x0)
        CHECKPOINT         : 0x0
        WAIT_HINT          : 0x0

D:\SIV>

Clearly statements such as "Try a clean install." are worthless and fail to contribute to understanding the root cause of this effect.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von »red-ray« (8. Oktober 2022, 01:47)

i am having similar issues

Samstag, 8. Oktober 2022, 04:04

So it is not just me hving issues with the sensors,i am having the same type of issues as you in fact i actually made a post on the forums about this as well.

Sensors just randomly dont respond.

aquacomputer hardware monitor seems as if it has stopped reponding

is the link to my question where you will also see my dashboard showing hte sensors similar to yours as well

I can assure you it is definitely the aquacomputer hardware monitor that is not responding,it has existed since version X.57.

I have also tried reinstalling etc,doesnt work.

This must be some sort of bug.
Still exists in version X.59 as well.

The only fix i have found for this is to restart aquacomputer in administrator mode which it again should be starting this way anyway in my system.
Then stopping and starting the service.

As i said this seems to be pretty random but it does occur.

Hopefully they can get this fixed as it does seem to be an issue some sort of bug i would say,maybe not maybe yes.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GMdoghunter« (8. Oktober 2022, 04:07)

Mr Gerard M Stadalius

Montag, 17. Oktober 2022, 12:19

It just seems to do it randomly. Just done it again now. Other programs still report the sensors fine, ie AIDA64. here is a pic showing the problem
»tiggerlator« hat folgende Datei angehängt:
  • sensors gone.jpg (178,31 kB - 42 mal heruntergeladen - zuletzt: 19. Januar 2024, 02:21)
I7 12700k - Asus Rog Strix z690-A WiFi D4 - TEAM GROUP 2X16GB DDR4 3600C16 - MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO 10GB - Crucial P5 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe Gen4x4 - WD SN850 1TB M.2 NVME Gen4x4 x2- SanDisk 2TB SSD PLUS 2.5" - Corsair RM850X - Lian Li o11D XL - EK 360mm PE - EK 360mm XE - EK supremacy classic - Generic (GPU) - Ultitube 150 D5 - dell s2721dgfa 27" nano IPS 165hz Custom corsair PSU cables

RE: i am having similar issues

Montag, 17. Oktober 2022, 12:22

So it is not just me hving issues with the sensors,i am having the same type of issues as you in fact i actually made a post on the forums about this as well.

Sensors just randomly dont respond.

aquacomputer hardware monitor seems as if it has stopped reponding

is the link to my question where you will also see my dashboard showing hte sensors similar to yours as well

I can assure you it is definitely the aquacomputer hardware monitor that is not responding,it has existed since version X.57.

I have also tried reinstalling etc,doesnt work.

This must be some sort of bug.
Still exists in version X.59 as well.

The only fix i have found for this is to restart aquacomputer in administrator mode which it again should be starting this way anyway in my system.
Then stopping and starting the service.

As i said this seems to be pretty random but it does occur.

Hopefully they can get this fixed as it does seem to be an issue some sort of bug i would say,maybe not maybe yes.
The Aqua computer service is indeed running. Why does is just randomly lose them?

red-ray

RE: RE: i am having similar issues

Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2022, 13:21

]The Aqua computer service is indeed running. Why does is just randomly lose them?

This could be down to the thread within the Aqua computer service that reports the MB + GPU sensors being either stuck or spinning. Were it my system I would do as I proposed in aquacomputer hardware monitor seems as if it has stopped reponding

Also having similar issue

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2022, 19:12

I recently completed a new build with the farbwerk 360 and Aquasuite vX.59. Auquasuite will randomly lose sensors for water pump and fans (other sensors like GPU hotspot and CPU package still work). When this happens I can see the service is running but the sensors appear not to be there. Restarting the service, sometimes two or three times will resolve the issue but the problem typically returns randomly upon waking from sleep or a complete restart. Both sensors are visible to the system at all times (via MSI center app).

For what it's worth my setup is an MSI Z690 mobo and the pump and fan speeds are controlled by the BIOS.

Thanks

same issue still exists-similar issues etc

Sonntag, 30. Oktober 2022, 23:41

Dont know if that is the correct heading to use here,for basically what i have got to say.

Do as red-ray has advised,to see if the services etc are running.

This has been an ongoing issue since version X.57,Quite a few of us are having the exact same issues here with sensors etc not responding,having to restart aquasuite to get things going again.

Even after a clean install of aquasuite.IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

This definitely without a doubt is a bug of some sort lurking around in the software that is doing this.

This needs fixing,please aquacomputer,do something about this issue.

At the end of the day aquacomputer products do not come cheap,they are expensive for a lot of their parts in comparison.

No way would i ever go back to my previous,icue or even the dreaded EK Connect.
Staying with aquacomputer for the long term.

But come on please fix the software.
Mr Gerard M Stadalius

RE: same issue still exists-similar issues etc

Montag, 31. Oktober 2022, 18:49

Dont know if that is the correct heading to use here,for basically what i have got to say.

Do as red-ray has advised,to see if the services etc are running.

This has been an ongoing issue since version X.57,Quite a few of us are having the exact same issues here with sensors etc not responding,having to restart aquasuite to get things going again.

Even after a clean install of aquasuite.IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL.

This definitely without a doubt is a bug of some sort lurking around in the software that is doing this.

This needs fixing,please aquacomputer,do something about this issue.

At the end of the day aquacomputer products do not come cheap,they are expensive for a lot of their parts in comparison.

No way would i ever go back to my previous,icue or even the dreaded EK Connect.
Staying with aquacomputer for the long term.

But come on please fix the software.
I agree. Restarting and/or reinstalling AQS is not solving the problem.

In the other forum thread you said you were going to try red-ray's suggestion to use Process Explorer to determine if a thread is spinning away consuming CPU cycles, then generate a dump file to see if your Octo registers are being updated. Did you do this and if so, what did you find? The multiple posts about this issue indicate there is a real problem here that needs to be investigated and resolved. Sebastian's recommendation to just restart the program and/or do a clean install of AQS may temporarily resolve the symptom but the underlying problem remains. I hope that the AQS devs will actually investigate this problem and work to resolve it once and for all rather than just offering a quick fix that addresses the symptom but not the actual problem.

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 09:45

Maybe a little help for self-help: We have several cases of the same or similar problem here, what all messages have in common is that there is no information about the system, the Aquasuite does not run in a vacuum, but interacts with hardware and software, so it would make sense to find commonalities of the affected systems, since the problem obviously does not affect the majority of users.

As always, a complex problem cannot be solved without information.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

red-ray

Is other software failing to use the locks or failing to release the locks?

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 10:46

It looks like the Hardware Monitoring is not working. Other software can blocking the aquasuite Monitoring.

What facilities does X.59 have to identify and report 3rd party utilities that block AS and how do we use them?

As always, a complex problem cannot be solved without information.

If other software blocks the AquaComputerService then in general the other software is likely be holding locks such as Global\Access_ISABUS.HTP.Method. Several years ago I updated my SIV utility to report such rouge software to the SIV_DBGOUT.log file and since doing this it's been almost trivial to resolve lockout issues.

SIV also has the Menu->Help->Lock Handle panel which will show all the programs using the locks and which, if any, have claimed them and for how long. In the attached screen shot I ran SIV32L from the debugger and stopped it when it was holding the locks. As you can see SIV64X reported SIV32L was holding the locks and also logged issues to the attached SIV_DBGOUT.log file.

If X.59 does not have similar facilities, then if when the AC service is stuck if SIV64X was started it should report any locking related issues to SIV_DBGOUT.log, it should do this even if the initial screen does not appear as a result of not being able to claim the locks.

It's also possible that other software fails to correctly use the locks. To check look at the SIV64X [Lock Handle] panel and if any 3rd party software that reports sensors is not listed then it's not using the locks and should not be active when such as X.59 + AIDA64 + CPUZ + HWiNFO + SIV + ... are active.

Further by running SIV64X it will be clear if it's just X.59 that can't report the sensors, check the [ Status ] or [ Sensors ] panel to see which sensors SIV64X reports.
»red-ray« hat folgende Bilder angehängt:
  • [Lock Handle].png
  • [Sensors].png
»red-ray« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 7 mal editiert, zuletzt von »red-ray« (1. November 2022, 11:08)

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 11:21

My programming and Windows skills are clearly not good enough to understand this in its entirety.

So a question, is this the only conceivable reason for a service to crash or not work properly in a Windows machine?

The sporadic crashes of the service have been around for a long time and are constantly being improved, I've had one since X.59 came out.

But here we are talking about specific sensors, not a total failure of the service.

Isn't a connection with e.g. the hardware, or a bloatware of the board manufacturer more likely?

Therefore my advice is to get more information about the affected systems and possibly also more information about the status of Aquasuite at the time of the error.

There seems to be a growing mindset that "It doesn't work, do something about it" is enough without more information.

Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

red-ray

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 11:42

The sporadic crashes of the service have been around for a long time and are constantly being improved, I've had one since X.59 came out.

It's not possible to give a specific answer to such an open set of questions, especially so when the software is not my software. With SIV when I get such issues then it's often an iterative process to solve them.

As for crashes then these should be easy to understand provided there is a dump file in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\CrashDumps. All AC need to do is load the .DMP file into WINDBG, setup the .PDB and source locations and WINDBG should show where the code crashed and what is in the variables.

It's possible that AC change the crash dump location and/or the dump parameters. I do for SIV and have the Menu->Windows->Parameters->Error Reporting panel to show the current settings.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »red-ray« (1. November 2022, 11:43)

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 14:17

Zitat

It's not possible to give a specific answer to such an open set of
questions, especially so when the software is not my software. With SIV
when I get such issues then it's often an iterative process to solve
them.

I think we both know the answer ;-)

In such a complex system, like a computer, there is not necessarily THE reason for an error, it can be just as a concatenation of different circumstances.

This is probably also the explanation that such an error does not occur with all users, if this were the case there would clearly be a problem with the Aquasuite, but in that case Aquacomputer would certainly work on the problem very quickly.

In this case, as already written several times Aquacomputer, or even the users here, are dependent on receiving as much information as possible.

A problem can only be solved if it is understood and can be reproduced.

If the problem occurs only with a small group of users, it is in the interest of this group to make this work as easy as possible, because a company does not have infinite resources to solve problems that affect only very few users.

Help the people you want to get support from to understand the real problem, you don't tell a mechanic "my car doesn't work" without further information.

red-ray

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 15:12

A problem can only be solved if it is understood and can be reproduced.

No, for such as crashes when a dump is generated the problem only needs to be understood and as this should be possible by using WINDBG to analyse the crash dump file it does not need to be reproduced. Sometimes can't be reproduced which is one of the reasons why crash dumps exist.

For the "disappearing sensors" if a user posted a screen shot showing what X.59 reported + what SIV reported I could make a reasonable guess as to what was happening. They would also need to post a screen shot of what X.59 usually reported so I would know exactly what has gone missing.

I am wondering, do AC have instructions as to what they need to resolve issues and how to gather this information? Thus far I have not seen a link to this information in this or any other thread which is why I posted how I would do this.

Dienstag, 1. November 2022, 16:36

We are talking about disappearing sensors while the service is running, so a crashdump won't do you that much good if nothing crashes ?(

So your approach misses the point, or am I misunderstanding you?

In addition, we are here still in a user forum, so you address the other members first when posting, and not the Aquacomputer support.

Zitat

For the "disappearing sensors" if a user posted a screen shot showing
what X.59 reported + what SIV reported I could make a reasonable guess
as to what was happening. They would also need to post a screen shot of
what X.59 usually reported so I would know exactly what has gone
missing.

But since you, as you say, have a solution ready it would be good if one of the concerned follows your advice and posts the information you mentioned here, or makes it available to you directly, so you can help.

Zitat

I am wondering, do AC have instructions as to what they need to resolve
issues and how to gather this information? Thus far I have not seen a
link to this information in this or any other thread which is why I
posted how I would do this.
If one wants to reach the support one writes a mail
If the support then needs info, he will surely mail what information is needed.

red-ray

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 08:59

We are talking about disappearing sensors while the service is running, so a crashdump won't do you that much good if nothing crashes ?(

So your approach misses the point, or am I misunderstanding you?

In addition, we are here still in a user forum, so you address the other members first when posting, and not the Aquacomputer support.

Zitat

I am wondering, do AC have instructions as to what they need to resolve
issues and how to gather this information? Thus far I have not seen a
link to this information in this or any other thread which is why I
posted how I would do this.
If one wants to reach the support one writes a mail
If the support then needs info, he will surely mail what information is needed.

I have no real information as to why the sensors disappear and it could well be down to the AC service crashing. Given this it needed to be made clear that if there is a crash dump this should be enough for AC to look into the issue.

As users are posting asking for help then any replies from AC should have make it clear what information was needed and how to get it. As to if they should have emailed AC support then if this is the case the posts from AC should have specified this and they did not.

Restart your System.
Try a clean install.

Given forum member Sebastian posted and failed to provide any sensible suggestions as to what was needed to address the issue, I feel this needs to be mentioned. Epically so as neither of "Restart your System." or "Try a clean install" are clearly never going to fix the root cause of any issue that happens on multiple different systems.

This forum is provided by AC so I expect them to provide answers to questions that are posted. I feel some of the posts I have made are of general interest to forum members which is why I made them rather than emailing AC support. If I should have emailed AC support then it's AC that should state this, not 3rd party forum members.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »red-ray« (2. November 2022, 09:13)

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 10:14

You said it, it's under "Support":

https://aquacomputer.de/support.html

SUPPORT

Aqua Computer is a company designed for the Internet. Accordingly, our communication channels are primarily focused on this medium. We do of course offer telephone support, but the better way is to use email or one of the web forms.
If you go the way via mail or formluar, your request will always reach the right contact person and you will get the best possible information.
Please do not post personal support requests in our forum. We will not be able to give appropriate answers there for privacy reasons.

Please send requests by mail to: support@aqua-computer.de

You just have to read it....

red-ray

Mittwoch, 2. November 2022, 10:57

email or one of the web forms.

Please do not post personal support requests in our forum.

So it all comes down to what are "Please do not post personal support requests". The general questions about the LeadShield Status values are requests for information that multiple members would like to know so the forum is the sensible place to ask.