• 25.04.2024, 17:56
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Aquasuite Maintenance Mode - Confusing Behavior

Samstag, 18. Februar 2023, 22:30

Never mind - Problem solved, but I did discover some strange behavior in AQS regarding Maintenance Mode. For anyone interested, here is what happened.

After a recent BIOS update to my Asus X570 Dark Hero mobo, I discovered that I could not boot into the BIOS by hitting Delete or F2. I finally got into the BIOS through Windows – Settings – Update and Security – Recovery – Advanced Startup, then booted into Recovery Mode, and selected Troubleshoot – Advanced Options – Boot to UEFI BIOS. That got me into the BIOS, but after I booted back into Windows, I discovered that AQS had enabled Maintenance Mode. Note that the multiple reboots were not caused by AQS. They were caused by me trying to boot into the BIOS.

In the Playground, AQS displayed an error message that said Maintenance Mode was activated, but the button to Quit Maintenance Mode still said "Enable Maintenance Mode" even though Maintenance Mode was already enabled. Also, the individual Playground Modules were all disabled (which I did not notice at first). I clicked on Enable Maintenance Mode because it was the only choice available. When I did that, the button changed to say "Quit Maintenance Mode" but when I clicked that, the Playground Modules were still disabled and I could not figure out why. Eventually, I noticed that all of the Playground Module selection buttons were unchecked. I re-selected the Playground Modules and everything returned to normal.

Issues - First, while I did have the "Automatic Maintenance Mode' feature enabled, the multiple reboots were not caused by AQS, so I don't think Maintenance Mode should have been activated in the first place. Once it was activated, the Maintenance Mode selection button still said "Enable Maintenance Mode" when it should have said "Quit Maintenance Mode". Also, the Active Playground Modules selection boxes were all unchecked, which I did not notice at first and could not figure out why the Playground Modules continued to show an error message. I activated Maintenance Mode manually, then Quit Maintenance Mode. This time, the Playground Modules that were enabled stayed enabled, whereas when AQS activated Maintenance Mode, the Playground Modules were all unselected. I don't know if this is the intended behavior but I found it quite confusing.

1 - Why did AQS activate Maintenance Mode when the multiple reboots were not caused by AQS?

2 - Once AQS had activated Maintenance Mode, why did the Maintenance Mode selection button still say "Enable Maintenance Mode" instead of "Quit Maintenance Mode"?

3 - Why did AQS also deselect the individual Playground Modules when it activated Maintenance Mode, but does not deselect them when when Maintenance Mode is enabled Manually?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 3 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (19. Februar 2023, 00:52)