• 16.04.2024, 19:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Leakshield

Sonntag, 19. März 2023, 01:50

What is the purpose of a leakshield? I know the name should speak for itself, but wanted to know why someone would use this in their system? What advantage it gives?
Thanks...
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Sonntag, 19. März 2023, 06:16

To cut a long story short, peace of mind
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Dienstag, 21. März 2023, 07:33

Thanks for the links.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 18:20

I believe the purpose is to give the user as many false alarms as possible.

Remayz

Dienstag, 28. März 2023, 18:32

I believe the purpose is to give the user as many false alarms as possible.
:D

temperamental little buggers ^^
I love AC, but to be honest, to me that one is the most gimmicky device of the whole catalog. If you're not all thumbs, you shouldn't need it ever. but there's nothing wrong making a buck or two to sell peace of mind :p
Regardless of how well it works, i personally am not fond of a device that is designed to vent my coolant all year long.

Mittwoch, 29. März 2023, 08:09

Not to mention the possibility to perform simple work on the system without draining the water.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5D3I-6zoaE
To see from minute 12:11
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.

Mittwoch, 29. März 2023, 16:37

It's useful as a generic vacuum pump for filling loops and managing leaks during service/maintenance.

As an operational tool to detect leaks in a system, the only thing it has demonstrated that it's capable of doing is generating false alarms. I've tried in multiple systems, and on every single one of them, the Leakshield triggers a false alarm if the system goes from idle to fully loaded or from fully loaded to idle. Aquacomputer support has been unwilling to troubleshoot this behavior, so at this point, I have no option but to assume that this is normal and the device is simply incapable of operating as advertised.

Mittwoch, 29. März 2023, 19:47

This is a pity and very strange, I use the LEAKSHIELD since its release, the only problems I had in the beginning were an alarm every time I shut down the computer and very flat tubes.
The former was probably due to too much air in the circuit, the latter to tubes that were too thin. So neither was the fault of the LEAKSHIELD.
Furthermore, there are not many error messages here that correspond to your error, so the assumption that the LEAKSHIELD generally always acts this way is rather untenable.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 29. März 2023, 20:22

from what i've seen, alarms that are load (temperature) dependent are due to a reservoir filled up too high, leading to wide pressure variations.
maybe also an agressive pump speed curve could do that.. or a partially clogged membrane.. but i guess you went to a lot of testing already?

Donnerstag, 30. März 2023, 04:22

I tried reducing the reservoir fill to 40% (Ultitube 150) with a fixed pump speed and the false alarms kept coming. The tubing is a few short (approx 3") runs of Aquacomputer's recommended soft tubing. The pump is a D5 Next and I have a HighFlow Next as well. The loop is actually 100% Aquacomputer components except for the fans, radiators, and fittings.