• 16.04.2024, 14:30
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Leakshield filling port valve not working??

Freitag, 17. März 2023, 22:59

So short story:
I have ordered a PCIE filling port back in Sep 2021 long before my build and when I am completing my build recently, I found out that the filling function of the leakshield is not working. I asked Aquacomputer about this and they said that the valve of the PCIE filling kit must open when the tube is attached to the filling port--apparently mine isn't. I then ordered one from a US vendor although there would be an RMA one from Aquacomputer. I received the US vendor one today only to find out that it wont work with the tube that comes with it either! I used a small wire to push inside and the valve did come out, but when the tube is plugged in there is no movement--everything stays the same. I have yet to test the new one with the actual leakshield filling function, but could someone give me some tips? It seems impossible to me for two sets ordered on completely different dates to be faulty, should I do anything else apart from plugging in the tube that comes with the kit? ?(

Those damn sticky fill port valves

Samstag, 18. März 2023, 04:50

Hello,

I had a lot of problems getting mine to open, too.

First, after trying to push the supplied tube in failed, I removed the valve from the mounting bracket. Fortunately, I didn't have much coolant
in the reservoir. Then, like you, I used a small metal rod to push open the valve and then blew into it from the other end to confirm that
I could blow some air thru it. Then I put a very small amount of dry lube into the input-side of the valve ( no oil-based lubricants ). I then
pushed the valve open/closed 20-30 times to try to get it to open a bit easier. Then I tried to push the supplied tube in and blow again.
After experimenting a lot I found I could get the valve to open with the tube by 1) first pushing hard until it became snug against the valve;
then 2) push again, harder. I also had to use a pair of pliers to grip the end of the tube at the entrance to the valve to get a better grip.
Fortunately, that really helped. And to my surprise the tube mostly sprung back and was still usable.

So I reassembled everything, hooked up the tube and coolant and turned on the Leakshield fill function. It worked, but slowly.

That then left me with another problem. The tube was stuck in the valve port. I had to both push in the blue release button and use
the pliers again to get the tube to come out.

I've had to drain my loop since then. On my last fill I didn't need to use the pliers to insert the tube and fill. But I still had to use the
pliers and blue release button to get the tube out.

Maybe someone else will have better ideas.

Good luck !

Samstag, 18. März 2023, 08:18

You can use your regular drainport to fill the System with the LEAKSHIELD, as long as it has a valve, you can use any hose for this.
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Sonntag, 19. März 2023, 01:48

Deleted post...
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

Sonntag, 19. März 2023, 06:16

To cut a long story short, peace of mind :)
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder