• 24.04.2024, 08:09
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

dynamike

Farbwerk Nano with DIY LEDs?

Samstag, 8. April 2023, 22:26

Hi,

I would like to use the Farbwerk Nano because it ticks all my boxes: standalone, really small, internal USB powered, nice software. Perfect.

My only remaining question is: Can I hook up separate aRGB leds myself?
I will not use an aRGB strip, I just want to connect 2 (yes, only 2) aRGB LEDs and integrate those in tiny buttons in my case. I really need the small size of the separate LED. About 5x5mm.
Can I hook up WS2812B leds? Or does RGBpx user other type of LEDs?
Maybe I can cut a RGBpx cable and attach a LED to the end of the wire?

Does somebody here know if this is possible?

Best regards,
Mike

Sonntag, 9. April 2023, 04:42

Yes you can do it. There is nothing special about Aquacomputer RGBpx LEDs. They do use a Molex pico-blade connector which is quite small and much better than the horrible connector that has became the closest thing there is to a standard. The LEDs are standard WS2812B LEDs that require +5VDC, Data, and Ground. The 4th pin is not used in an RGBpx connector.

Here is the pin-out of an RGBpx port header.

Farbwerk360 RGBpx Port.jpg

dynamike

Sonntag, 9. April 2023, 12:44

Yes you can do it. There is nothing special about Aquacomputer RGBpx LEDs. They do use a Molex pico-blade connector which is quite small and much better than the horrible connector that has became the closest thing there is to a standard. The LEDs are standard WS2812B LEDs that require +5VDC, Data, and Ground. The 4th pin is not used in an RGBpx connector.

[attach]10209[/attach]
Thanks for the quick reply! Good to know it's possible and for the pinout. This will definitly help me out.

One question about the software functionality I am curious about. Maybe you know the answer to this too.
The farbwerk is connected to the internal USB header and I read it has 'sensors' to base the lighting on. I guess the software needs to run in OS to read these 'sensors'?
Is it also possible to have a specific lighting during the booting and shutdown process?

Sonntag, 9. April 2023, 17:07

The farbwerk is connected to the internal USB header and I read it has 'sensors' to base the lighting on. I guess the software needs to run in OS to read these 'sensors'?
Yes. If you want to create effects based on sensors, the software needs to be running.
However, you can create effects without using sensors as well. Then the software is only required for initial setup, and the led effects are then played without the software.

dynamike

Sonntag, 9. April 2023, 18:50

Yes. If you want to create effects based on sensors, the software needs to be running.
However, you can create effects without using sensors as well. Then the software is only required for initial setup, and the led effects are then played without the software.
Thanks! Good to know. The Farbwerk can probably detect automatically when the software/sensors become available and switch between the different lighting scenario's, right?

Sonntag, 9. April 2023, 19:29

Thanks! Good to know. The Farbwerk can probably detect automatically when the software/sensors become available and switch between the different lighting scenario's, right?
I don't think the Farbwerk360 can detect that a sensor has become available and switch to a different preset based on that. I think you could accomplish this in the Aquasuite Playground by having the sensor you want to use as a control source for the LEDs also appear in the Playground. Set up an output to switch to a different Global Preset based on the value of the sensor and have the Farbwerk configured to change its preset based on the Global preset. I have not totally thought this through but I think it is possible.

Note - Be aware that there are different versions of the Farbwerk. The Farbwerk360 and Farbwerk Nano are for +5VDC DRGB LEDs. The Farbwerk (no 360) and the Bluetooth version are for 12VDC Analog RGB LEDs. Since you are looking at the Farbwerk Nano you don't have to worry. I have seen posts from people who bought the wrong Farbwerk and found out the hard way so I thought I would mention it.

dynamike

Sonntag, 9. April 2023, 21:07

I don't think the Farbwerk360 can detect that a sensor has become available and switch to a different preset based on that. I think you could accomplish this in the Aquasuite Playground by having the sensor you want to use as a control source for the LEDs also appear in the Playground. Set up an output to switch to a different Global Preset based on the value of the sensor and have the Farbwerk configured to change its preset based on the Global preset. I have not totally thought this through but I think it is possible.

Note - Be aware that there are different versions of the Farbwerk. The Farbwerk360 and Farbwerk Nano are for +5VDC DRGB LEDs. The Farbwerk (no 360) and the Bluetooth version are for 12VDC Analog RGB LEDs. Since you are looking at the Farbwerk Nano you don't have to worry. I have seen posts from people who bought the wrong Farbwerk and found out the hard way so I thought I would mention it.
I am not sure if we speak about the same thing? But that is maybe because my question was not clear.

I mean when I boot up the system, during the booting, there will be a specific lighting, and when the windows opens and the aquasuite starts, it changes to a different lighting automatically? Like a status light, for example: Booting = flashing light, aquasuite started = static light.

And yes, I am looking at the farbwerk nano, 5V. Check.

Montag, 10. April 2023, 00:11

I mean when I boot up the system, during the booting, there will be a specific lighting, and when the windows opens and the aquasuite starts, it changes to a different lighting automatically? Like a status light, for example: Booting = flashing light, aquasuite started = static light.

Yes, that's possible. You can set a default profile that's used when Aquasuit is not running yet. That profile can have any kind of animation you can set in the Aquasuit, as long as it doesn't use any sensor information (you can use sensors data to alter speed, brightness and/or color of certain animations). As soon as the AS service starts, it can take over, but that usually only means that it will feed the sensor data to Farbwerk Nano, the animation itself is always played independently of AS (meaning that the AS service doesn't use any notable system resources in contrast to all the other software solutions on the market, which usually control the LED strip animation completely in software).
Intel 12900K - Asus Maximus z690 Formula - 2x16 GB G.Skill DDR5 6000/36 - NVidia RTX 4090 FE
Acer Predator x27 - Thermaltake Core P5 - Corsair HX850i
-> Bilder und weitere Details <-

dynamike

Montag, 10. April 2023, 19:49

Yes, that's possible. You can set a default profile that's used when Aquasuit is not running yet. That profile can have any kind of animation you can set in the Aquasuit, as long as it doesn't use any sensor information (you can use sensors data to alter speed, brightness and/or color of certain animations). As soon as the AS service starts, it can take over, but that usually only means that it will feed the sensor data to Farbwerk Nano, the animation itself is always played independently of AS (meaning that the AS service doesn't use any notable system resources in contrast to all the other software solutions on the market, which usually control the LED strip animation completely in software).
That is great to hear.
Thanks a lot for your help, everybody.
This forum is very helpful!

I will proceed with ordering my nano!

Montag, 10. April 2023, 20:38

[attach]10209[/attach]

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for!
Please keep in mind that just wiring up the correct LEDs might not work and end up in flickering or malfunctioning (showing wrong colors) LEDs.
The reason is, that the built-in controllers in the LEDs draws current when switchting, which will lead to a voltage drop on the line - enough so that the contollers in the other LEDs might reset.
You will need to add a small capacitor in front of each LED to bypass this

dynamike

Montag, 10. April 2023, 22:55

[attach]10209[/attach]

Thank you! That was exactly what I was looking for!
Please keep in mind that just wiring up the correct LEDs might not work and end up in flickering or malfunctioning (showing wrong colors) LEDs.
The reason is, that the built-in controllers in the LEDs draws current when switchting, which will lead to a voltage drop on the line - enough so that the contollers in the other LEDs might reset.
You will need to add a small capacitor in front of each LED to bypass this
Yes, I think I see a capacitor and resistor in many aRGB leds strips. Is there a schematic including these, and the values? Just to be sure.