• 27.04.2024, 18:41
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Damaged NextFlow, bad luck

Mittwoch, 12. April 2023, 00:10

FML right? I was doing the finally assembly of my loop and things weren't panning out as planned so kept switching fittings in and out to make things fit. Somehow along the process my NextFlow lying in front of the computer to be put in got nicked and the plastic screen crushed. The LCD inside is fine, but visually it looks quite bad. Is t possible to replace the screen? Maybe better trying to pry it off completely? Thoughts?

https://imgur.com/a/s6fp9xD

Mittwoch, 12. April 2023, 01:56

Wow that sucks, especially since the High Flow Next is rarer than a Unicorn (at least in the US). There are 4 small Torx screws in the bottom, which I assume is how it comes apart. I suggest emailing Aquacomputer support and ask them if the screen is replaceable by the user and if they can send you a new one. If they say yes, I would also ask them for disassembly and reassembly instructions.

I think the High Flow Next has the same flow sensor as the High Flow 2 and the High Flow LT. They just made a nice enclosure for it and added the display, more ports, and a few LEDs I think at worst you may have to do some soldering, Are you OK with that?

Mittwoch, 12. April 2023, 02:56

The LCD is OK and it's fully working, it's just the thin plastic screen in front of the LCD that's cracked, so it's a visual flaw, not a functional one luckily.

Mittwoch, 12. April 2023, 04:28

I am not sure if the outer surface is part of the actual display or just a piece of plastic in front of it.\

Based on looking at your picture, you should be aware that for best accuracy, Aquacomputer recommends having straight sections of tubing before and after the flow meter. Having hard bends or 90° fittings too close to the flow meter can cause turbulence which can affect accuracy. I think they recommend at least 10cm (4-in) of straight tubing on each side of the device. I thought they stated this in the owner's manual but I just checked and do not see it. If I can find where they said this I will post it.

Mittwoch, 12. April 2023, 07:43

it's just the thin plastic screen in front of the LCD that's cracked, so it's a visual flaw, not a functional one luckily.
send a Mail to info@aqua-computer.de
The support can help you.

Mittwoch, 12. April 2023, 18:21

I am not sure if the outer surface is part of the actual display or just a piece of plastic in front of it.\

Based on looking at your picture, you should be aware that for best accuracy, Aquacomputer recommends having straight sections of tubing before and after the flow meter. Having hard bends or 90° fittings too close to the flow meter can cause turbulence which can affect accuracy. I think they recommend at least 10cm (4-in) of straight tubing on each side of the device. I thought they stated this in the owner's manual but I just checked and do not see it. If I can find where they said this I will post it.
Yes I am aware of this, there just isn't room anywhere in my system to make that work.

Mittwoch, 12. April 2023, 18:39

https://imgur.com/a/JNeE3zx
Maybe I can redo things a bit at a later stage (And yes, I am aware that the in/out on the GPU block are wrong, I have since fixed that)

Donnerstag, 13. April 2023, 05:18

That's a nice looking rig - kudos. What case is that?

I never did find where Aquacomputer recommends the 10cm of straight tubing on each side of the flow meter. I thought it was in the manual or the spec sheet but it's not. I even Googled it but all I found were posts from other people saying that Aquacomputer recommends this. Maybe it was posted somewhere in this forum.

Donnerstag, 13. April 2023, 17:45

I never did find where Aquacomputer recommends the 10cm of straight tubing on each side of the flow meter.
This is only required for the MPS Flow Sensors.
On the store page, it says:

Zitat

For an accurate measurement we recommend to use a straight piece of tubing with a min. length of 5 cm before and after the sensor. The sensor itself should not be equipped with angled fittings.

The High Flow Sensors has a spinning wheel to measure the flow, it does not need the straight tubing.

Donnerstag, 13. April 2023, 18:41

The High Flow Sensors has a spinning wheel to measure the flow, it does not need the straight tubing.
Wow. OK - I stand corrected. I thought this recommendation applied to the High Flow series too. When I was searching for this, I found several posts in various forums saying that Aquacomputer recommends 10cm of straight tubing on each side the the High Flow Next. Turns out its 5cm, not 10cm, and its for the MPS flow sensors, not the High Flow sensors. OP - my apologies for spreading incorrect information.

Donnerstag, 13. April 2023, 20:29

That's a nice looking rig - kudos. What case is that?
Thank you, I quite like working with it. It's the Corsair 7000D Airflow.

Donnerstag, 13. April 2023, 20:31

For an accurate measurement we recommend to use a straight piece of tubing with a min. length of 5 cm before and after the sensor. The sensor itself should not be equipped with angled fittings.
Ah, so I should be good as set up then?

Remayz

Donnerstag, 13. April 2023, 20:38

Yes.. lol

Donnerstag, 13. April 2023, 21:04

Yes.. lol

LoL, alrighty then.
Not sure why Leakshield says I have a 100l/h flow rate while the HighFlow Next reports around 200l/h (way lower than the theoretical 1500l/h of the D5 at 100%).

Remayz

Donnerstag, 13. April 2023, 23:05

i wonder how a leakshield could measure flow without touching water. I'd trust the High flow next instead.

The 1500L/h spec is if you connect a flow meter between the inlet and outlet of the pump. Once you start adding waterblocks and radiators, it drops a lot obviously. These are restrictive parts.
But a good waterblock will be pretty happy at somewhat low flows, and more flow will only marginally decrease temp. You can test that later on by just stress testing your computer and slowly reducing pump speed. You'll stumble on a speed range where the temps increase very quick, and that will be your lowest pump speed that you shouldn't go below.
Just as an example, on my personal rig, temps are pretty stable above 70l/h. Once i go below, the GPU temp shoots up by 10 - 15° very quickly.

Freitag, 14. April 2023, 00:25

i wonder how a leakshield could measure flow without touching water. I'd trust the High flow next instead.

The 1500L/h spec is if you connect a flow meter between the inlet and outlet of the pump. Once you start adding waterblocks and radiators, it drops a lot obviously. These are restrictive parts.
But a good waterblock will be pretty happy at somewhat low flows, and more flow will only marginally decrease temp. You can test that later on by just stress testing your computer and slowly reducing pump speed. You'll stumble on a speed range where the temps increase very quick, and that will be your lowest pump speed that you shouldn't go below.
Just as an example, on my personal rig, temps are pretty stable above 70l/h. Once i go below, the GPU temp shoots up by 10 - 15° very quickly.
Agreed, it had me curious as too what it based it on. I tried making a fill test but that just results in a "critical leakage" alarm. 100l/h would be way to low, especially at 100% pump. Even 200l/h is a bit low I think.
Monitoring and fill test will without fairl pretty much instantly result in critical leakage alarms. Deareating, leakshielding, leak testing and filling works fine.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Steiner_SE« (14. April 2023, 00:35)

Freitag, 14. April 2023, 03:58

Yes.. lol

That's an interesting place to put a flow meter!

Freitag, 14. April 2023, 06:22

FWIW - Here are some details about my test loop and the flow rates I am getting, EK claims the D5 max flow rate is 1500 l/hr but I am not convinced that is correct, at least for the D5 Next pump. Here is an interesting discussion about this from REDDIT and an interesting analysis from IGOR'S LAB. The guy in the Reddit thread says the 1500l/h is for the D5 Strong which is one of several D5 variants, and I don't think the D5 Next is a D5 Strong. I have a D5 Next running in a test loop that I built while I am shopping for CPU and GPU blocks. I am using 10mm/16mm soft tubing. Coolant is distilled water treated with Liquid Utopia. The loop consists of the following components. All fittings are simple compression fittings - no 90's or offsets or T's.

Pump > Rad (360mm x 30mm) > High Flow Next #1 > Spinner flow indicator > High Flow Next # 2 > Ball Valve > Pump

There are no cooling blocks in this test loop. I don't know how much flow restriction the little $20 Spinner adds. The ball valve is wide open but probably also adds at least as much restriction as the fittings. At 50% power (~3460RPM) the High Flows report about 230l/h. At 100% power (~4800RPM) it increases to about 325l/hr. That's with 1 rad and no CPU or GPU block. I have not tried running from pump to flow meter back to pump but I would be surprised if the flow rate would actually hit 1500l/h. Maybe with larger diameter tubing, but I doubt it. The flow rates reported by the 2 High Flows are within 1.5% of each other, which is better than the spec of of +/- 2.5%. The Leakshield reports the same exact flow rate as whichever High Flow is it using as a data source. I don't think the Leakshield measure or calculates flow rate - it just displays what the High Flow measures, so it should be the same number.

I installed the ball value to be able to cut off the flow to calibrate the D5 Next flow rate. I tried just kinking the hose but the numbers were way off so I got the ball valve and tried calibrating the D5 again. After calibrating using the ball valve to cut off the flow, when the D5 is at 50% and the High Flows are reporting ~230l/h the D5 reports ~170l/h, so its not very accurate, which they state clearly in the manual. Bear in mind these flow rates are with distilled water. If I replace it with DP Ultra, the flow rate will decrease a bit because the DP Ultra is more viscous. If I set a High Flow flow rate sensor to DP Ultra instead of distilled water, the reported flow rate drops 8l/h so I suspect that is about how much it will drop if I put DP Ultra in the loop.

Here is a D5 spec sheet from Laing. I had to delete the front page to reduce the file size so I could upload it. Here is a LINK to the complete file.

Laing_D5_Vario_Catalog 1.pdf

Freitag, 14. April 2023, 07:48

K claims the D5 max flow rate is 1500 l/hr but I am not convinced that is correct
This is a theoretical value at a pressure difference of 0.

The value says not much in a normal system.
The D5-Vario pressure curves are better.

Remayz

Freitag, 14. April 2023, 09:23

... and slim rads are very restrictive. The flow you get is almost what i have with 3 crossflow rads and two waterblocks, something around 240L/h (with a DDC).
You basically replicated a typical loop by adding a single 30mm rad