• 16.04.2024, 07:06
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

klara

Is it possible to run DDC pumps through PWM headers on Quadro/Octo/D5 NEXT?

Sonntag, 30. April 2023, 09:52

From the manual, each PWM port on Quadro/Octo can provide maximum 2A which means maximum 24W power.
Also, D5 NEXT PWM port can provide 25W max.

Any DDC pump including Laing OEM ones and cheap clones from Barrow/Bykski requires under 20W power.

This makes me think that once I wire up power cable and PWM cable of DDC into single PWM cable,
Quadro/Octo/D5 NEXT can run DDC without addtional power connection to DDC.

Am I
thinking right? Is this actually possible?
Or, might there be something I overlooked?

Remayz

Sonntag, 30. April 2023, 11:05

yes, startup power.
when you turn the system on, the pump will draw more and usually blow up the channel in short notice.
It's better to keep power and PWM control separate.
There is no margin in the 25W power spec. if your pump draws 30W during a few seconds to start, it will blow up the port. There has been a few occurrences in the forum already.

klara

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 08:24

yes, startup power.
when you turn the system on, the pump will draw more and usually blow up the channel in short notice.
It's better to keep power and PWM control separate.
There is no margin in the 25W power spec. if your pump draws 30W during a few seconds to start, it will blow up the port. There has been a few occurrences in the forum already.

In that case, I will check startup power for the devices to connect. Thank you!

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 08:35

This makes me think that once I wire up power cable and PWM cable of DDC into single PWM cable,

This is a very bad idea.
There is a reason why the power supply of the pumps should go directly to the power supply and not to the controller.
So unless you can really measure what is going on, don't and run the pump as the manufacturer intended.

Zitat

I will check startup power for the devices to connect

You need to measure that with a current sensor and an oscilloscope.
In other words, when you ask questions like this, I assume you don't have a clue what to do or measure to avoid breaking anything.

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 14:16

PSA to aquacomputer: Petulant engineers should not do customer service

Remayz

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 15:21

well.. being straight to the point is not really petulant :p

Donnerstag, 18. Mai 2023, 17:30

Came to the forum with possibly the same/similar question.

Can I connect my laing ddc pump (non pwm, uses 2 pins on a molex + rpm output to a 4pin) to a quadro with this adapter: https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…345&language=en

Based on the replies to this thread, I think probably not, but I wanted to double check.

If not - what options exist for me to control the rpm of my pump? Could i potentially get this adapter + an aquaero and connect the aquaero to my quadro and control everything through aquasuite? Or is there some other adapter that makes more sense? I'm not actually looking to set a variable RPM for the pump, I just want to set it at 70% or so (SFF case, loop isn’t that big, just want to lower noise level and extend life of pump). I'd prefer the simplest and physically smallest option (again, SFF case, already cramped). My motherboard's product page says its fan headers can supply 2A, have pwm OR voltage control, and have overcurrent protection (to alleviate startup power concerns?) - could I just use the adapter and plug it into the mobo?

Thanks in advance!

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Titeywitey« (18. Mai 2023, 17:47)

Remayz

Donnerstag, 18. Mai 2023, 19:48

if it's not PWM, your best bet would be to check out the Poweradjust. It's made precisely for this.
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_info.php?products_id=3196

You could run this for the pump, and a quadro/octo for all the fans for example