• 28.04.2024, 00:52
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Am I doing this right? Help with hardware connections

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 06:56

https://imgur.com/a/9URKopb

This is the DRGB to RGBpx adapter from the diagram above:
https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=3829
I have no idea if I'm on the right track. I've been reading the manuals non stop for days trying to figure this out but some things it just does not specify.
Still working on how the D5 FLT, GPU block, and HF NEXT are all to be connected...
This is my first PC build and nothing has been more challenging than figuring out what gets connected to where on the MB and these controllers. Appreciate any help I can get, thanks.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »CaptainOblivious« (3. Mai 2023, 08:47)

Remayz

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 09:29

the farbwerk360 has "standard" ARGB connexions too. You are using an old photo there.

So, no need for the adapters most of the time.
You could use adapters though to connect the RGB of the waterblock and reservoir to the Octo RGB channels as those two are RGBPX only, or just get a second Farbwerk (the Octo RGB channels are more barebones than farbwerk. no transparency/stacking of multiple effects.. but they work to start with if you want).

The high flow next just connects through USB. No interconnexions required with a controller. You just need to make sure your motherboard has two internal USB headers at least to connect the 3 devices you have (they all use half a connector).

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Remayz« (3. Mai 2023, 09:31)

Mittwoch, 3. Mai 2023, 22:16

Thank you very much.

Final version hopefully - is this now correct?

https://imgur.com/a/WdmLU4W

Donnerstag, 4. Mai 2023, 18:06

Final version hopefully - is this now correct?
No.
On the Farbwerk360, you can use either the DRGB connector or the RGBpx connector. Using both at the same time is not possible.

The Highflow Next connects to the Mainboard with USB. You cannot to connect it to the Farbwerk360. (neither with RGBpx, nor with the Tempsensor)

Which Fans are you using? And how many LEDs do they have? A RGBpx Channel can only control up to 90 LEDs.

Freitag, 5. Mai 2023, 01:12

Since you are cross posting on the Germen forum, I will do the same and repeat the response I posted there. Also, this info may be useful to someone else who does not read the German forums. (I hope this is not against forum rules).

You also may want to consider which RGB devices you are connecting to which RGBpx ports. You have 4 RGBpx ports on the Farbwerk360, 2 on the Octo, and 1 on the High Flow Next. These ports are not all equal. In Aquasuite, the 4 ports on the Farbwerk360 can have up to 20 concurrent LED controllers active. An LED controller can be assigned to more than one place through the Multi-Assign function. You can have up to 60 of these. The biggest thing is transparency. In Aquasuite an LED or group of LEDs can have multiple RGB controllers assigned. They appear in a stack and the topmost controller prevails. For Farbwerk360 ports, you can set a transparency level for each primary color. This allows patterns/colors from controllers lower in the stack to “bleed through” the controller higher in the stack. It’s kind of hard to explain but it allows multiple controllers to affect the LEDs at the same time which is a very powerful feature.

The RGBpx ports on the Octo are more limited. They do not support transparency. Instead of 20 concurrent controllers, there are 6 per port. The Multi-Assign function is not supported. The RGBpx port on the High Flow Next has slightly different limitations. You can have up to 8 controllers active – 2 for the 10 built-in LEDs and 6 for the RGBpx port. No Multi-Assign function. So the RGBpx port is the same as those on the Octo but control of the 10 onboard LEDs is more limited.

Another thing to consider is that while the 4 ports on the Farbwerk360 will run in sync, there is no sync between them and the ports on the Octo or the High Flow Next. If you have 2 Farbwerk360s, they will not sync with each other. I learned this the hard way. Due to these functional differences, you may want to use the Farbwerk ports for RGB fans Distro, and LED strips. For devices like the GPU block and CU block that only have a few LEDs in them, the Octo and High Flow Next RGBpx ports may be sufficient. Whether port sync is a factor depends on what presets you are using or however you end up customizing them.

All of this is detailed in the Owner's Manuals. I suggest you download them and read through all of this. You will also see the differences in Aquasuite.

Freitag, 5. Mai 2023, 05:22

Thank you for your kindness in explaining this to me, I did read the manuals however I have clearly misunderstood some parts. I believe now I understand, but I will re-read the manuals again and review with this new knowledge you have provided.

Zitat

Which Fans are you using? And how many LEDs do they have? A RGBpx Channel can only control up to 90 LEDs.

-I am using the Phanteks D30-120mm fans which have 32 LEDs each. I am aware of the limitation of 90 LEDs per channel, but I believe I will still be able to connect x3 daisy chained fans.

Half the LED's on the D30 are mirrored from the other half. So even though it's 32; it's only controlling 16 but powering 32. I believe the Farbwerk has ample wattage to supply power to 96 leds in the d30 (.18A DRGB per fan), and it will only be really controlling 48 LED in total.

I spoke with someone who said they had connected x4 Phanteks D30 fans on one channel without issues.

Fortunately, I did buy a second Farbwerk 360 so I will use x4 DRGB on one, and x4 RGBpx on the other. I will also use the 2 pin temp from the NEXT for ambient room temperature (not connect to the Farbwerk) and I will not connect it to the Farbwerk via RGBpx either..

I very much appreciate the help. Thank you.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 9 mal editiert, zuletzt von »CaptainOblivious« (5. Mai 2023, 06:26)

Phanteks D30 has 30 LEDs, not 32

Freitag, 5. Mai 2023, 23:36

I bought a 3-pack of Phanteks D30s to play with. Yes the LEDs are mirrored. I read that the Lion Li Uni Fan AL V2 and SL Infinity fans also do this. I have no idea why. DRGB LEDs are INDIVIDUALLY addressable so why would they group them in pairs? Doing this will throw off the Farbwerk360's current and power calculations because when you set it for X LEDs it is really driving 2X LEDs. It also messes up some presets like Laser which moves from LED to LED. With a D30 you will get a totally different effect than a fan in which every LED is individually addressable. I also read a Reddit post from someone claiming that the D30 has 30 LEDs, not 32. I hooked one up and set my Farbwerk360 to light up 1 LED. As expected, 2 LEDs lit up. I increased the amount of LEDs one at a time. When I got to 15, all LEDs were lit up. When I increased it to 16 nothing happened (because there are only 30 LEDs).

There are 4 things about the D30 fans that disappointed me.

1 - The LEDs are mirrored for no reason that I can think of.

2 - There are 30 LEDs, not 32 like the spec says.

3 - When you buy the 3-pack, you get 2 proprietary fan connection cables. If you intend to group all 3 fans, you need 1 cable. If you want to use each fan separately, you need 3 cables. The only case where you would need 2 cables is if you wanted to group 2 fans and have the 3rd fan on its own port - an unusual arrangement. I bought 3 fans so why don't I get 3 cables?

4 - The D30 was supposed to be a T30 with RGB. It isn't. Phanteks had to shorten the blade length and make the fan frame thicker (to fit the LEDs). This reduces performance, which is why the CFM and Static Pressure specs are lower than the T30. The T30 has 3 modes or operation. The D30 does not. The T30 uses Liquid Crystal Polymer (LCP) blades and frame. The D30 has white plastic blades. My understanding is that LCP does not accept color dyes well which is why the T30 blades are a mottled gray color. The blades on the D30 are white plastic so they can reflect the LED light and I don't think you can make a white LCP blade. The CFM and Static Pressure specs are also lower than the Lion Li Uni Fan AL V2 and SL Infinity fans which is surprising since those fans are 25mm thick and the D30 is 30mm thick. The thicker frame allows them to increase the blade camber (curvature) and chord length which should result in higher performance than a 25mm thick fan.

I am looking forward to Lion Li releasing their new P28 which is 28mm thick. Specs say at 2600RPM CFM is 92 and Static Pressure is 4.79mm H2O. At 2200RPM they drop down to 77.76 CFM and 3.62mm H2O. At 1300RPM they drop down to 44.94CFM and 1.30mm H2O.