• 27.04.2024, 12:32
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Connecting QUADRO to Lian Li SL Infinity fans

Samstag, 6. Mai 2023, 08:00

Hi, I would like to integrate a Quadro and a High Flow 2 to my setup. Right now I am using a total of 6 SL Infinity fans in 2 groups of three fans for my top and bottom radiator. Each group has one proprietary cable that is connected to the SL Infinity controller.

Can I simply connect the controller's PWM connection to the Quadro? Will it takeover RPM control? I do not mind having the RGB control staying with the Lian Li controller. I just need to be able to control the fan RPM via coolant temp via Aquasuite.

Appreciate any help and suggestions.

Samstag, 6. Mai 2023, 18:52

Yes you can do that. Just make sure you do not exceed the amount of current the Quadro PWM port can output. The limit is 2 amps per PWM port. Lion Li spec says a 120mm SL Infinity fan pulls 180ma. The 140mm version pulls 150ma.

Remayz

Samstag, 6. Mai 2023, 19:14

When you enable motherboard control on L connect it only releases PWM control to the external input (quadro) or also the rgb?

Samstag, 6. Mai 2023, 19:15

Thanks so much for the help! Will place an order soon :thumbsup:

Sonntag, 7. Mai 2023, 02:29

When you enable motherboard control on L connect it only releases PWM control to the external input (quadro) or also the rgb?
Good question. I think the answer is YES based on the SL-Infinity manual which shows a proprietary cable that plugs into the controller. The other end splits out PWM and DRGB control. Note - I don't have any Lion Li fans and have never used L-Connect but I have read many posts from people who are using L-Connect and the Lion Li controller for RGB control and their mobo or some other device for PWM fan control, which is what OP wants to do.

OP has 2 groups of 3 SL Infinity fans. Each group will have 120 LEDs He could not connect 3 of these fans to an RGBpx port but he can let the Lion Li controller handle the LEDs and connect the PWM control to a port on the Quadro. I don't think there is any way to separate the PWM so all 6 fans will be controlled by 1 Quadro PWM port and will all run at the same speed. I attached the SL-Infinity fan installation manual which shows the custom cable that plugs into the controller. The other end splits out to a 3-pin PWM connector and a 3-pin standard DRGB connector. I had to upload each page separately due to the forum file size limitation.

Lian Li Uni Fan SL-Infinity 120 Manual Page 1.pdf
Lian Li Uni Fan SL-Infinity 120 Manual Page 2.pdf

Sonntag, 7. Mai 2023, 06:41

Just a heads up, I do not have that proprietary split into PWM and RGB cable for the fans as I bought 2x triple packs instead of 6x single packs. I have this single cable coming out of each fan group instead.
The Uni Hub is the one with the split PWM and RGB cable. I plan to connect that to the Quadro.

So the final connection would be
2x Proprietary 7 pin from Fans -> Uni Hub controller > Uni Hub split PWM > Quadro

Split RGB will be unconnected and the Uni Hub still has the USB connection to the mobo.

In L-Connect I would select Motherboard RPM Sync option to allow Aquasuite to take control of RPM.

Hopefully this works
»Rain572« hat folgendes Bild angehängt:
  • Screenshot 2023-04-13 184700.png
»Rain572« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 6 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Rain572« (7. Mai 2023, 07:02)

Sonntag, 7. Mai 2023, 17:35

I think that is correct. One way to find out! Good luck.

Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2023, 19:16

Yes you can do that. Just make sure you do not exceed the amount of current the Quadro PWM port can output. The limit is 2 amps per PWM port. Lion Li spec says a 120mm SL Infinity fan pulls 180ma. The 140mm version pulls 150ma.

In this instance, the fans' pulled amperage is of no concern. The control box has it's own SATA plug for power. The PWM connection from the Quadro to the control box is only a PWM control signal.

Donnerstag, 11. Mai 2023, 00:11

Ah you are correct. The Lion Li hub provides the power so its not coming from the Quadro. Thank you for correcting me.

Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2023, 20:05

Did you ever get this to work? Even when I connect the lian li controller to the quadro, set up MB sync in L Connect, Aquacomputer reports 0 RPM and can't control it. I can get the MB RGB sync to work though so I think the cable is working.

Remayz

Donnerstag, 13. Juli 2023, 21:58

if you have no speed reading, you should disable start boost in the quadro fan channel. that should still allow it to use the fan curve and output PWM even without feedback from the fans.

Dienstag, 15. August 2023, 06:45

Did you ever get this to work? Even when I connect the lian li controller to the quadro, set up MB sync in L Connect, Aquacomputer reports 0 RPM and can't control it. I can get the MB RGB sync to work though so I think the cable is working.
Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes, I managed to let Aquasuite override L-Connect software while allowing it only for RGB control. I just had to disable start boost. Keep in mind the fans RPM will still be 0, but the RPM changes will actually take effect.