• 27.04.2024, 11:17
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Sonntag, 16. April 2023, 13:38

you purchase will always function as purchased, without additional cost

Unfortunately not, I received an update notification directly form aquasuite software and then after installing everything is blocked.
Update should not be proposed if you d'ont have the licence for it.

And I don't find where to download previous version on the website in order to make it work again, and I have other stuff to do than managing this issue.
I addition, no payment by card, now I have to by by ... wire :cursing:

Sonntag, 16. April 2023, 13:55

Zitat

Unfortunately not, I received an update notification directly form
aquasuite software and then after installing everything is blocked.

Update should not be proposed if you d'ont have the licence for it.

You were told before the update that your update service had expired, if you are upset that you didn't read it, or ignored it, Aquacomputer can't help it.
Since it is here apparently really only about the principle I wish you then much fun with the excellent alternatives on the market.

Zitat

And I don't find where to download previous version on the website in
order to make it work again, and I have other stuff to do than managing
this issue.
I told you
Es gibt keinen Ausweg, den ein Mensch nicht beschreitet, um die tatsächliche Arbeit des Denkens zu vermeiden.
Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931), amerik. Erfinder

Sonntag, 16. April 2023, 19:14

The screenshot below is what one sees when an aquasuite update is available that requires a license extension.
If one does not carefully read the full text, one may be inclined to press the Install button.

What may make things a bit more clear, is to add the term 'Purchase'... as in "need to purchase an extension".
Additionally, present two buttons to proceed:
  • 1. [Retain current version]
  • 2. [Purchase update extension]
Then if Purchase is selected, go straight to the pay page.
Do not install first, then present the pay page.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (16. April 2023, 19:16)

Sonntag, 16. April 2023, 19:55

Exactly. Thanks ;)
You should not get into a situation where nothing is working anymore and you have to pay and "sorry you should have read before clicking".
As this way of working is very specific and I know no hardware vendor doing this kind of things, it should be more explicit.

Sonntag, 16. April 2023, 20:03

The screenshot below is what one sees when an aquasuite update is available that requires a license extension.

I don't see a link to the screenshot in your post but when I quote your post I do see the link to the image. Weird.

Sonntag, 16. April 2023, 20:30

And I don't find where to download previous version on the website in order to make it work again, and I have other stuff to do than managing this issue.
I addition, no payment by card, now I have to by by ... wire :cursing:

I see no reference from you about having done a firmware update on any of your aquacomputer devices.
If not, you can install the latest version your devices are licensed for:
  • uninstall the current updated aquasuite from your system
  • download aquasui_setup.exe, and install it.
    it will give an option to install the newest version or the version your devices are licensed for
If you did a firmware update, renewing your license is your only option.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (16. April 2023, 20:31)

Sonntag, 16. April 2023, 20:35

I don't see a link to the screenshot in your post but when I quote your post I do see the link to the image. Weird.

Not sure. I used the image option to insert the link. It may be a security issue, the server is my personal domain and it is not https, simply http.

Montag, 17. April 2023, 11:52

Thanks a lot for your help but I don't know if I have renewed the firmware.
I have no time to look at this so much in details, just want it to work, I need monitoring and ajustments to my setup as my PC is quite new.
I have paid the new licence and explained why, on a customer point of view, it should not "work" like this.
Topic closed for me.
Thanks again for helping. :)

Dienstag, 2. Mai 2023, 21:34

Sorry my mistake.

deleted

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 8 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Dundys« (2. Mai 2023, 22:06)

Sonntag, 7. Mai 2023, 10:25

Hi, I have a problem with high gpu usage with the desktop information overlay function. It's normal?

I have a 13900K / RTX 4090

With function

Without function:

Thanks

EDIT:

I noticed that by removing three animated icons, the gpu usage dropped to 2%. Possible that three png files that rotate (fan icons), can consume so much? could it be solved?

Thanks again

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Thunder-74« (7. Mai 2023, 11:51)

Freitag, 12. Mai 2023, 18:37

Is anyone else having issues with the System Tray icon no longer being right-clickable, thus being unable to exit the application?

Remayz

Freitag, 12. Mai 2023, 19:47

has it ever been right-clickable? i can't remember seeing a context menu on the tray icon ever.
Just close the main Aquasuite window to exit the app.

Make sure on the settings that you didn't tick "Do not quit Aquasuite only minimize" or you won't be able to close it at all.

BTW there is a typo on that phrase that needs correcting :p "Do not quit Aqusuite only minimize"

va3sd

Dienstag, 23. Mai 2023, 20:04

Hi, everyone!
Is it possible to somehow send notification for Outputs in telegram bot?

Now I can see kind of workaround: create local ps1 script for sending, create scheduler job with execution this script, job should pass message as parameter to ps1 script and choose this job in action dropdown.
Complicated and I have to remember all this dependencies if something happened.

Thanks!

Freitag, 9. Juni 2023, 19:37

I have a MSI Z790 ACE motherboard (MS-7D86). HWINFO reports more sensors than Aquasuite lists for the same controller (Nuvoton NCT6687D).

Of particular importance, and which are missing, are t_sen_1 and t_sen_2. There are reported in HWINFO and AIDA64, reported in the bios, but are not listed/detected in Aquasuite X.67

I've tried delaying the service a start-up and that makes no difference. All drivers are up to date.

Is there a way to add these missing sensors? Is there a fix for this?

Remayz

Samstag, 10. Juni 2023, 00:03

You can have HWinfo sensors in Aquasuite.
On HWinfo's "general / user interface" settings, you have to enable Shared Memory Support.
Then Aquasuite should pick up HWinfo and add it to the list of available sensors you can use.

Samstag, 10. Juni 2023, 01:00

You can have HWinfo sensors in Aquasuite.
On HWinfo's "general / user interface" settings, you have to enable Shared Memory Support.
Then Aquasuite should pick up HWinfo and add it to the list of available sensors you can use.
Thank you for the tip, this worked. I ended up signing up to HWINFO Pro because in free/portable version the shared memory function turns off after 12 hours. For £24 per year, I can set it and forget it! :)

Samstag, 10. Juni 2023, 19:46

Thank you for the tip, this worked. I ended up signing up to HWINFO Pro because in free/portable version the shared memory function turns off after 12 hours. For £24 per year, I can set it and forget it! :)
My 2 cents:

Aquasuite's direct sensor polling is much more limited than HWINFO and it is not updated as frequently. HWINFO's main purpose is to monitor hardware sensors, and it does this very well. The program is updated often to support new devices, driver changes, etc. HWINFO has been updated 22 times this year versus 3 times for Aquasuite. This is not a criticism of Aquacomputer. It’s just that having the most up-to-date sensor polling is not the program's primary focus. Aquasuite's main purpose is to control cooling components, and It is widely considered to be the best platform out there for this purpose. I think the best approach is to use each program for what it is best at doing. Fortunately, Aquacomputer can import sensor data from HWINFO via the latter's Shared Memory Support feature, then use this data to do what it is best at doing – controlling cooling loop components. This is why I have disabled all direct sensor polling in Aquasuite and instead import sensor data from HWINFO, then use that data to control my loop components. This setup leverages the strengths of each program.

The author of HWINFO set the 12-hour limit on Shared Memory Support because the free version of his software and the Shared Memory Support feature was being used in for-profit commercial applications. The free version of HWINFO was never intended for use in commercial applications. Adding the 12-hour time limit forced the people using the free version for profit to pay for a Pro license. IMHO the annual fee for the personal use Pro version license is very reasonable and a small price to pay for having uninterrupted access to the sensor data collected by HWINFO.

Fans Sawtoothing

Freitag, 16. Juni 2023, 23:08

Hi all, newcomer to aquasuite.

I use the CPU package temp as the controller source for fan controls in aquasuite.

The issue with this is my direct die core i9-13900kf can rapidly cycle between idle 37-40 deg C and 60 - 62 deg C as a p-core is momentarily utilised (<1 sec)

When this happens my fans start to "sawtooth". I've tried moving the curve further right so the fans increase in speed at higher temps, but i still get the odd sawtooth and i want the fans to progressively increase from 55 deg C+

Is there a way in the software to either build a delay into the fan control or to change the sensor polling frequency so that the controller ignores the momentary and very short <1 sec temperature spikes and reports the average temperature over a period?

Its not an issue with die cooling .etc in other respects the chip cools fine and will run at 80deg at X60 when benchmarked.

Thanks

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »NuggetsMT07« (16. Juni 2023, 23:11)

Remayz

Freitag, 16. Juni 2023, 23:52

you can quiet that down by making a virtual temperature sensor in the Playground.
Add your CPU package as input, add something to soften the response, like an averaging module (X=avg(t)) You can set in the average what timespan to average through in seconds. and connect that to your temperature output.
That solution is useful if your CPU is air cooled.
If you watercool, you basically shouldn't control the fans with the CPU temperature but with the water temperature.
The water soaks up those spikes of... heat emission from the CPU package. And all you'd care about is keeping the water cool. the fans cool the water, and not the CPU directly.

Samstag, 17. Juni 2023, 12:34

you can quiet that down by making a virtual temperature sensor in the Playground.
Add your CPU package as input, add something to soften the response, like an averaging module (X=avg(t)) You can set in the average what timespan to average through in seconds. and connect that to your temperature output.
That solution is useful if your CPU is air cooled.
If you watercool, you basically shouldn't control the fans with the CPU temperature but with the water temperature.
The water soaks up those spikes of... heat emission from the CPU package. And all you'd care about is keeping the water cool. the fans cool the water, and not the CPU directly.
Thanks for the tips, I will give it a go using water temperature.