• 27.04.2024, 20:21
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Help controlling fans with PowerAdjust 3

Samstag, 29. Juli 2023, 15:40

I've tried to search the forums for the answer first, but with little success.
My rig has an Aquaero 5 LT with which I dc control most of the fans in my case, works pretty well on that part. My problems started when I switched to a water-cooled system where I needed more juice to drive 4x18cm fans on the radiator.
I bought a Poweradjust 3 and a 4-way splitter to handle the load of the 4x18cm fans. I installed the PA3, connected it via USB and updated firmware and configured an aquabus address for it. I connected the PA3 to my Aquaero 5 LT with the accompanied 4-pin aquabus cable.
I can see the new Poweradjust-section in Aquasuite, and I can manually control the speed of the 4x18 dc-fans by changing the output power with the manual slider control.
However, scanning the Aquabus leaves me with no aquabus devices found. Moreover I can see no way of automatically controlling the Poweradjust output based on water loop temperature or similar, just static manual control in the Poweradjust section of Aquasuite.
What am I doing wrong? Please help me out, I want to dc-control the voltage output of the Poweradjust 3 based on my water loop temperature, like I already do with the fans connected directly to the Aquaero 5 LT.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »fansfansfans« (29. Juli 2023, 15:52)

Samstag, 29. Juli 2023, 20:29

For the Power Adjust 3 (PA3) fan port to be controlled by a temperature, you must have the PA3 Ultra version. The Standard and Ultra versions have different product numbers but there is no physical difference. You can convert the Standard version to the Ultra version by paying EUR 9.90 for the upgrade key. Once you have the Ultra version, the PA3 fan port can be temp controlled by connecting a temp sensor to the PA3 2-pin temp sensor header. I don’t know if it can be controlled by any other temp sensor in Aquasuite or a virtual sensor. From the description on the product webpage, I think it will only monitor a temp sensor that is plugged into it.

Regarding Aquabus – I think most devices (like the Octo), can be connected with USB OR they can be connected to an Aquaero with Aquabus in which case the device becomes a slave to the Aquaero. The PA3 manual says it can be connected with USB AND Aquabus with Aquabus control having priority. In the PA3 system tab, you have to set a unique Aquabus address between 50 and 57. If you have done this and connected one of the PA3 Aquabus ports to the Aquabus High port on the Aquaero 5 LT, I think it should show up in the Aquaero in Aquasuite. If there is already something plugged into the Aquaero 5 LT Aquabus High port, you will need an Aquabus splitter cable (I think #53124). Each device connected to the Aquabus must have a unique Aquabus ID number.

If you have done all of this and it still does not show up in the Aquaero, you may need to talk to Aquacomputer support. They may respond to your post on this forum but you can also try posting on the Aquacomputer vendor thread under r/Watercooling. I have personally had better luck getting responses there. Here is the link.

https://www.reddit.com/r/watercooling/co…ral_discussion/

Samstag, 29. Juli 2023, 22:11

Thanks for your explanation Speedy-VI.

When linking the Aquaero and the Poweradjust together one is led to believe that they become a part of the same system, especially when they share the same software. I see little point with the aquabus connection with the Poweradjust. I could basically have bought a manual voltage potentiometer for €5 instead for manual control.

What I really need is just a fan port extender that allows for higher current output to support my 4x18cm fans so I can control the voltage from a fan port of my Aquaero 5 LT, but supply the juice (current) to power my 4 big radiator fans, a current amplifier of sort.

Do you know of such a device?

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »fansfansfans« (29. Juli 2023, 22:25)

Donnerstag, 3. August 2023, 17:15

I assume these 4 x 18cm fans are 12VDC fans (not PWM). The Power Adjust 3 should be able to do what you are trying to do, but you will have to buy the PA3 Ultra upgrade key to enable the PA3 to be controlled by a temp sensor. Since I think that the PA3 can only be controlled by a temp sensor that is physically plugged into it, you will also need a temp sensor. Aquacomputer has a variety of temp sensor fittings like #53218, #53219, #53220. If you don't want to go down this path, I would look at LAMPTRON. They have fan controllers for DC fans that are temp controlled. The FC6 may be an option if you have a 5.25" drive bay to put it in. The CCM30 is also an option.

Freitag, 4. August 2023, 11:12

The temperature sensors that you have listed are the wrong type.

poweradjust uses the larger connector - for example this sensor.

Freitag, 4. August 2023, 20:07

The temperature sensors that you have listed are the wrong type.

poweradjust uses the larger connector - for example this sensor.
OOPs you are right. Apologies to OP for posting the wrong versions of the temp sensor fittings. Shoggy - Can you confirm that the PA3 can only use a temp sensor that is plugged into it and not temp data from some other device in Aquasuite or a virtual temp sensor? I am pretty sure this is the case but not 100% sure.

Dops

Samstag, 5. August 2023, 00:44

I had used an aquaero 5 with pa2 and the aquabus many years ago. the pa2 could take the temperature via the bus and regulate the voltage with it. can't imagine this feature being removed with the ae6 and pa3. but aquacomputer should rather confirm that.

I'm sorry if I said nonsense here.

Samstag, 5. August 2023, 01:01

I had used an aquaero 5 with pa2 and the aquabus many years ago. the pa2 could take the temperature via the bus and regulate the voltage with it. can't imagine this feature being removed with the ae6 and pa3. but aquacomputer should rather confirm that.

Thank you for pointing out that the Power Adjust 2 could use temp sources other than from a temp sensor that is plugged into it. The manual for the Power Adjust 3 does not clearly state that this is possible. It just says, "In “Automatic temperature control” mode (Ultra version only), the fan power will be dynamically adjusted depending on the current temperature sensor reading." Section 12.1 of the manual talks about virtual software sensors but I think its just the same text they use in most all of their manuals. I can't find anywhere that it specifically says a temp data source can be used other than a temp sensor that is connected to the device. Maybe Shoggy or someone else from Aquacomputer will clarify this but since its Friday night in Germany he is probably out enjoying a pint of Schwarzbier somewhere rather than looking at this forum. 8) . I have 2 Power Adjust 3's but neither of them has the Ultra upgrade. I may buy an upgrade key for one of them just to find out.

Edit to add - Well I tried to buy an upgrade key but the instructions say if you are only buying the key, select Pickup as the shipping method. I don't see this option in the shipping section. This may be because I have ordered directly from Aquacomputer before and since I am logged in it shows my shipping address in the US. I tried changing the destination country to Germany. Then I see the Pickup option in the shopping cart but when I go to check out, there is no Pickup option. There is also no Pickup option in the Shipping To pulldown menu. Hopefully someone from Aquacomputer will read this post and explain to me how to specify the Pickup option when buying the upgrade key. Until then, I am stuck.

Shopping Cart Destination Germany.jpg

PA3 Key Shipping Options.jpg

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (5. August 2023, 01:34)

Dops

RE: Help controlling fans with PowerAdjust 3

Samstag, 5. August 2023, 13:52

I've tried to search the forums for the answer first, but with little success.
My rig has an Aquaero 5 LT with which I dc control most of the fans in my case, works pretty well on that part. My problems started when I switched to a water-cooled system where I needed more juice to drive 4x18cm fans on the radiator.
I bought a Poweradjust 3 and a 4-way splitter to handle the load of the 4x18cm fans. I installed the PA3, connected it via USB and updated firmware and configured an aquabus address for it. I connected the PA3 to my Aquaero 5 LT with the accompanied 4-pin aquabus cable.
I can see the new Poweradjust-section in Aquasuite, and I can manually control the speed of the 4x18 dc-fans by changing the output power with the manual slider control.
However, scanning the Aquabus leaves me with no aquabus devices found. Moreover I can see no way of automatically controlling the Poweradjust output based on water loop temperature or similar, just static manual control in the Poweradjust section of Aquasuite.
What am I doing wrong? Please help me out, I want to dc-control the voltage output of the Poweradjust 3 based on my water loop temperature, like I already do with the fans connected directly to the Aquaero 5 LT.

How and where exactly did you connect the pa3 to the ae6? The PA3 should come with a 3 pin cable that needs to be plugged in to connect the PA3 to the AE6. A 4-pin cable is not necessary. At this point, the fourth wire for the power supply is not necessary.

if the aquabus connection works, an additional fan port should be available in the aquasuite in the ae6.

Samstag, 2. September 2023, 14:28

Now this is exactly the thing I'm looking for! Did you need the ultra version in order to get this working or just the standard version?

RE: RE: Help controlling fans with PowerAdjust 3

Samstag, 2. September 2023, 14:34

How and where exactly did you connect the pa3 to the ae6? The PA3 should come with a 3 pin cable that needs to be plugged in to connect the PA3 to the AE6. A 4-pin cable is not necessary. At this point, the fourth wire for the power supply is not necessary.

if the aquabus connection works, an additional fan port should be available in the aquasuite in the ae6.
I have the AE5 LT and a PA3 connected by an Aquabus cable. What you're describing is exactly what I was hoping for, an extra fan port in Aquasuite to control with my existing sensors. Scanning the Aquabus in Aquasuite finds nothing though.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »fansfansfans« (2. September 2023, 16:31)