• 28.04.2024, 16:28
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

All GPU Sensor Data Gone After Updating NVidia Driver to v537.42

Samstag, 23. September 2023, 01:25

Yesterday I updated my Asus TUF RTX 3080 OC driver to v537.42. After updating the driver and rebooting. I discovered that none of the GPU sensor data was showing up in my AQS overview panels. The GPU sensor data is imported from HWINFO via the Shared Memory interface. I had to select each item, then Change Data Source, then select Data from Aquacomputer service, HWINFO, GPU#0, and then the data. It was all there just like before but none of it was available in AQS until I reselected the data sources for GPU sensors.

I don’t know if this is a driver problem, a HWINFO, problem, a Shared Memory problem, or an AQS problem. Since HWINFO was still reporting GPU data like it always does, and all the data was available in the data source selection, I think this is an AQS issue. Has anyone else updated their Nvidia GPU driver to v537.42 and lost all GPU data imported from HWINFO?

Samstag, 23. September 2023, 05:35

Just updated to 537.42 (driver.jpg)
Was monitoring GPU temp & GPU Core Load, both show correctly after update (overview.jpg)

Remayz

Samstag, 23. September 2023, 13:16

same, still works for me. but i did lose GPU sensors when updating aquasuite the last time. I had to reassign them as you did. I suspect it's AQS issue somehow.

Samstag, 23. September 2023, 20:27

Just updated to 537.42 ([attach]10468[/attach])
Was monitoring GPU temp & GPU Core Load, both show correctly after update ([attach]10469[/attach])
Thank you. Are you monitoring the GPU sensors imported from HWINFO shared memory or directly in AQS? The GPU sensors I lost were all coming in from HWINFO. I did enable GPU monitoring directlyh in AQS to see if that was working properly and it was.

Samstag, 23. September 2023, 20:48

same, still works for me. but i did lose GPU sensors when updating aquasuite the last time. I had to reassign them as you did. I suspect it's AQS issue somehow.
Interesting. When you updated AQS, were you running HWINFO v7.63-5215 beta?

I also posted this question on the HWINFO FORUM since the author of HWINFO knows exactly how the shared memory works. He responded that in the latest beta release (v7.63-5215 released on September 19th) the GPU sensor name was changed slightly to include the card name, and if AQS strictly matches the sensor name, it might cause this. I installed HWINFO v7.63-5215 beta on Tuesday (Sept 19) but did not notice that all the GPU sensor data was missing in AQS until after I updated the Nvidia driver on Thursday (Sept 21). It is possible that the sensor connections dropped after updating HWINFO and I just did not notice it until after I updated the Nvidia driver. I suspect the GPU driver update was not the cause. I think the HWINFO GPU sensor name change is probably what caused this, at least in my case. It's not a huge deal but I have mulitple overview panels that include GPU sensor data. Sitting here reconnecting every one of them was a PITA. First world problems I guess...

Samstag, 23. September 2023, 22:51

Thank you. Are you monitoring the GPU sensors imported from HWINFO shared memory or directly in AQS? The GPU sensors I lost were all coming in from HWINFO. I did enable GPU monitoring directlyh in AQS to see if that was working properly and it was.

Yes, I pull the sensors from HWiNFO

Sonntag, 24. September 2023, 00:05

Thank you. Are you monitoring the GPU sensors imported from HWINFO shared memory or directly in AQS? The GPU sensors I lost were all coming in from HWINFO. I did enable GPU monitoring directly in AQS to see if that was working properly and it was.

Yes, I pull the sensors from HWiNFO
OK thanks. Are you running HWINFO v7.63-5215 beta that was released on Tuesday Septemebr 19th? The author of HWINFO told me that he changed the GPU names slightly in this latest beta release which may have caused AQS to lose the GPU sensor data connections. If you are not running the latest beta version then the changes he made may be the cause. If you are running the latest beta version of HWINFO, then it must be something else.

Sonntag, 24. September 2023, 01:51

Yes I have v7.63-5215 currently installed.
Come to think on it, I believe I did have to update the data source for those two item.
I didn't think much on it, assumed the item_id had changed and there was a mismatch.
From the looks of it, that appears to be the case.

Remayz

Sonntag, 24. September 2023, 06:16

i don't install betas, but i guess i'll have to reattribute the sensors whenever the change will make it to the main version.
No biggie, it's just for the dashboard anyway.

Sonntag, 24. September 2023, 20:56

Thanks to both of you for the information. It seems pretty clear now that the GPU sensor name changes in HWINFO are what caused the sensor disconnects in Aquasuite. I have an overview page that displays several GPU sensors, another one just for the GPU that displays 14 GPU sensors, and another one for a smaller display that has 8 GPU sensors, so it was a bit of work to reconnect them all.

Dienstag, 26. September 2023, 12:24

Thanks to both of you for the information. It seems pretty clear now that the GPU sensor name changes in HWINFO are what caused the sensor disconnects in Aquasuite. I have an overview page that displays several GPU sensors, another one just for the GPU that displays 14 GPU sensors, and another one for a smaller display that has 8 GPU sensors, so it was a bit of work to reconnect them all.

I just updated to HWiNFO v7.63-5220 Beta release, which again required reconnecting the sensors in the Overview page.

Change log comments:
  • Integrated PresentMon for FPS, Frame Time and GPU Busy monitoring.
  • Enhanced fan speed monitoring on some ASUS notebooks.
  • Enhanced VRM monitoring on GIGABYTE Z690 and Z790 series.
  • Enhanced sensor monitoring on new MSI mainboards.
  • Extended Sensor name in sensors window to display in full row.
  • Fixed installing driver on encrypted drives/folders.
  • Fixed a possible crash on some CPUs with more than 64 cores.
  • Fixed missing L3 Cache size on some AMD Phoenix APUs.
  • Improved support of AMD Strix and Storm Peak.
  • Fixed monitoring of GPU D3D information when GPU is re-enabled after disabling.

Mittwoch, 27. September 2023, 01:16

I am going to install HWINFO v7.63-5220 beta and see if I lose all of the GPU sensor connections again. I suspect that I will and will report here what happens. I have a lot of GPU sensors in various overview panels. I just reconnected them all and really don't feel like having to do it again. I hope Martin (HWINFO author) stops messing around with the sensor names.

Donnerstag, 28. September 2023, 02:23

Update - I finally got around to updating HWINFO to v7.63-5220 beta and was pleasantly surprised to find that all my overview page GPU sensors linked to HWINFO are still linked and working fine. While I am happy that I do not have to sit here and reselect them all, I do not understand why mine stayed connected but Infoseeker’s did not. Strange…