• 27.04.2024, 10:03
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Leakshield - Adaptive Pressure

Mittwoch, 4. Oktober 2023, 20:38

I've been using Leakshield for a while now, and I still can't get adaptive pressure to work how it should (or at least how I think it should). All Leakshield settings are default via the wizard. I use a D5 next pump with a pump speed curve against coolant temp. When gaming, my coolant temp will rise which means the pump speed goes up. Leakshield compensates by increasing the negative pressure - so far so good. However, when I stop gaming and the loop cools back down, Leakshield does not reduce the negative pressure as I think it would from the description of adaptive pressure; it'll hold at the higher pressure it reached when the loop was under load, despite the required negative pressure being much lower.

What am I missing?

Leakshield - Negative pressure pump and valve

Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2023, 03:33

I run adaptive mode with a constant D5 NEXT speed ( 75% power ). When I increase the power to say 100%, the negative pressure and required negative pressure increase. When
I then set the power back to 75% the required negative presure decreases to the prior 75% power level and the actual negative pressure remains the same.

What's going on ? I suspect the design of the Leakshield pump and valve allow for incremental increases to the negative pressure but not incremental decreases
to the negative pressure. There is a full release of the negative pressure when the Leakshield mode is set to "Release".

Hopefully someone who actually knows can explain it better.

Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2023, 08:33

That's my experience also. Interestingly, if you set your own parameters for Leakshield (for instance, work out the negative pressure required for 50% pump speed and set that plus say 10% for the upper margin), when you then take the pump through to 100% Leakshield will automatically increase the -ve pressure to accommodate the higher pump speed. When you then decrease the pump speed, Leakshield will start to vent when you lower the pump speed. However, as it vents it then triggers an alarm due to pressure loss. Doesn't strike me as right!

Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2023, 14:46

LEAKSHIELD will never reduce the negative pressure in the adaptive mode as this would cause earlier pump action. The goal is to use the vacuum pump as seldom as possible. It's like wasting energy.
So after a time the pressure will decrease by itself due minimum leaks. You can reduce the pressure by the setting the maximum pressure value in the settings.

Remayz

Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2023, 16:51

if the pressure (or basically the reservoir level) drops very slightly when accelerating the pump, it's likely you still have air trapped in the loop somewhere too.

Donnerstag, 5. Oktober 2023, 21:50

LEAKSHIELD will never reduce the negative pressure in the adaptive mode as this would cause earlier pump action. The goal is to use the vacuum pump as seldom as possible. It's like wasting energy.
So after a time the pressure will decrease by itself due minimum leaks. You can reduce the pressure by the setting the maximum pressure value in the settings.
Understood, thanks for the clarity. So I am wondering - what exactly does adaptive mode do??

Freitag, 6. Oktober 2023, 18:29

It alows the LEAKSHIELD to use a lower negative pressure in your system calculated by the pump/flow parameters. But this lower pressure is not forced by the LEAKSHIELD due opening the release valve. In the case the pressure will drop the LEAKSHIELD will only use the vacuum pump to achieve the adaptivepressure values.

Samstag, 7. Oktober 2023, 02:42

Is it really worth it to tie the pump speed and flow rate to coolant temp?

There are endless debates and a bunch of YouTube videos about how flow rate affects loop heat transfer efficiency. There are many factors including laminar flow versus turbulent flow, coolant temp variations at different points in the loop. coolant friction, heat transfer coefficient, and pump waste heat (which for a D5 is transferred to the coolant). Increasing the flow rate will increase turbulence in a CPU block, which improves heat transfer, but it also increases coolant friction and the amount of pump waste heat being transferred to the coolant.

Some feel it's best to find the optimal minimum pump speed and leave it there. To do this, set the pump speed to 100%, let temps stabilize, and then start decreasing the speed in 5% steps. At some point, temps will start to rise, typically around 30 l/hr. Increase the pump speed 10% above that point. This should be a bit above the minimum speed required for the loop to function properly. Lower pump speed means less noise and less pump waste heat passed to the coolant. Its also easier on the pump, and you would not have these pressure fluctuations with the Leakshield.