• 27.04.2024, 19:12
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Problem with Hubby7 in SATA power

Mittwoch, 1. November 2023, 12:04

Hello everybody :) ,

Recently i bought 2 hubby7, one for my CPU loop and second for my GPU loop. On my Asus Rampage VI APEX i have only one USB 2.0 connector.

On the first hubby7 i have one leakshield, one Aquaero 6 XT and a High flow next and on the second one leakshield, one Farbwerk 360 and a High flow next

I read on the hubby7 manual with USB power we have 500mA and on SATA power 1000mA. With USB power every devices are recognize on Aquasuite but when
i put the hubby7 with SATA power directly with a PSU cable nothing is recognize. My USB cable are perfectly connected and jumper set on the good position.

I don't understand what's the problem because it's only when i put my hubby7 with SATA power. I forget something ?( ?( ?(

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »GhostR1d3r« (1. November 2023, 12:34)

Mittwoch, 1. November 2023, 14:10

make photos from your wiring and your connections.

https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product_inf…roducts_id=4181
this is working when you have usb3 connectors

Mittwoch, 1. November 2023, 21:09

ok here the photos of the USB motherboard connector and the hubby7.

On this hubby7 i have the leakshield, highflow next, farbwerk and the D5 Next pump from my ultitube.

20231101_170659.jpg
20231101_170534.jpg

Donnerstag, 2. November 2023, 00:34

On my Asus Rampage VI APEX i have only one USB 2.0 connector. My USB cable are perfectly connected and jumper set on the good position.
I am not sure what your problem is with the Hubby7's but I clearly see 2 USB 2.0 9-pin headers on your mobo in the first picture. I looked up the Asus Rampage VI APEX and the Owners manual clearly shows 2 9-pin USB2,0 ports. In your second photo of the Hubby7 I don't see anything plugged into the SATA power connector. When you switched the Hubbby7 jumpers to SATA, did you connect SATA power to the Hubbys?

What do you mean by "jumper set on the good position."?

Rampage VI Apex Mobo USB Headers.jpg
Rampage VI Apex Mobo USB Headers 2.jpg

Donnerstag, 2. November 2023, 03:56

The sockets on the hubby7 are not a tight fit, and the plugs can be inserted offset.
In your picture it looks like ports 1 and 3 are shifted to the left, and port 7 may be shifted to the right (may be parallax). Port 5 looks properly centered.

As Speedy-VI pointed out, it appears you have two 9-pin sockets on your motherboard, giving you 4 USB ports.
I would set them up as follows:
  1. leakshield #1
  2. leakshield #2
  3. farbwerk 360
  4. hubby7 (not sata powered) add the rest to the hubby7
    aquaero 6
    both highflow next (do not use rgbpx ports)
The leakshields can draw up to 500 ma and should have their own USB port
The farbwerk 360 can also draw high current if leds are maxed out

The reason to not use sata power for the hubby7 is the aquaero and high flow nexts have functions they can do while the system is powered down.
The USB connections from the motherboard retain their 5V output, whereas the sata connection does not.

Keep the 2nd hubby7 for future builds.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (2. November 2023, 04:10)

Donnerstag, 2. November 2023, 07:23

farbwerk 360
is not bus powered and consume power from the Power Supply Connector.

Donnerstag, 2. November 2023, 21:06

The reason to not use sata power for the hubby7 is the aquaero and high flow nexts have functions they can do while the system is powered down.
Curious- What High Flow Next functions are you referring to that they can do when the system is powered down? I know there are Standby Detection options and Standby Behavior options but I don’t understand why it would be beneficial to have the High Flow Next operating when the system and the pump are not running. No pump means no flow, so why have the flow meter powered when the pump is not running?

Freitag, 3. November 2023, 03:46

Curious- What High Flow Next functions are you referring to that they can do when the system is powered down? I know there are Standby Detection options and Standby Behavior options but I don’t understand why it would be beneficial to have the High Flow Next operating when the system and the pump are not running. No pump means no flow, so why have the flow meter powered when the pump is not running?

Zitat von »Manual«

The seventh sensor in the list can be configured to calculate dissipated or ab-
sorbed power in the liquid cooling loop. Prerequisite is an additional water tem-
perature sensor connected to the external temperature sensor input of the high
flow NEXT (e. g. item code 53219, not included in delivery). The high flow NEXT
and additional water temperature sensors are optimally installed into radiator inlet
and outlet port.
The high flow NEXT calculates the current power dissipation using the temperature
difference between internal and external temperature sensor and the current flow
rate.
The automatic offset calibration during standby can be activated for improved ac-
curacy. When active, internal and external temperature sensor readings will be
matched during prolonged shutdown of the PC.

Though personally I would never activate the automatic offset.
When the coolant is not flowing (PC shutdown), the electronics in the high flow next raises the temperature sensor above ambient.
Any 'correction' applied to the external sensor will reflect that erroneous delta.
I do not know if this would be additive over multiple shutdowns.

Freitag, 3. November 2023, 16:32

Zitat von »Manual«

The seventh sensor in the list can be configured to calculate dissipated or absorbed power in the liquid cooling loop. Prerequisite is an additional water temperature sensor connected to the external temperature sensor input of the high flow NEXT (e. g. item code 53219, not included in delivery). The high flow NEXT and additional water temperature sensors are optimally installed into radiator inlet and outlet port.
The high flow NEXT calculates the current power dissipation using the temperature difference between internal and external temperature sensor and the current flowrate.
The automatic offset calibration during standby can be activated for improved accuracy. When active, internal and external temperature sensor readings will be matched during prolonged shutdown of the PC.
Though personally I would never activate the automatic offset. When the coolant is not flowing (PC shutdown), the electronics in the high flow next raises the temperature sensor above ambient. Any 'correction' applied to the external sensor will reflect that erroneous delta. I do not know if this would be additive over multiple shutdowns.

Thank you for clarifying this. I am planning to make use of this feature that I had missed in the HFN manual and was recently pointed out by Shoggy and you in THIS thread. Your point that with no flow, the HFN electronics waste heat will increase the temp of the coolant inside the device is interesting. I guess Aquacomputer either ignores this or considers it small enough to be irrelevant. I am pondering a way to test this and figure out how much the HFN waste heat increases the temperature of the coolant inside the unit during a prolonged period of no flow. I think I could install a temp sensor in the loop far from the HFN, plug it into the HFN, then power the HFN from a different computer running AQS. This would allow me to see the temps reported by the HFN internal and external temp sensors while the main computer is off. My concern is that the temperature difference caused by the HFN waste heat may be within the temp sensors' margin of error. This could be minimized by running the system normally and applying an offset (if necessary) to the external temp sensor so it exactly matches the HFN internal temp sensor. This offset would then be applied in AQS running on the second computer.

Freitag, 3. November 2023, 21:57

Thank you for clarifying this. I am planning to make use of this feature that I had missed in the HFN manual and was recently pointed out by Shoggy and you in THIS thread. Your point that with no flow, the HFN electronics waste heat will increase the temp of the coolant inside the device is interesting. I guess Aquacomputer either ignores this or considers it small enough to be irrelevant. I am pondering a way to test this and figure out how much the HFN waste heat increases the temperature of the coolant inside the unit during a prolonged period of no flow. I think I could install a temp sensor in the loop far from the HFN, plug it into the HFN, then power the HFN from a different computer running AQS. This would allow me to see the temps reported by the HFN internal and external temp sensors while the main computer is off. My concern is that the temperature difference caused by the HFN waste heat may be within the temp sensors' margin of error. This could be minimized by running the system normally and applying an offset (if necessary) to the external temp sensor so it exactly matches the HFN internal temp sensor. This offset would then be applied in AQS running on the second computer.

I saw an increase just under 2°, but I am not sure the temperature had peaked yet... the run was about an hour. You can see the setup and result HERE
The chart starts with zero flow, with the internal temperature rising until flow goes positive, then it drops quickly to loop temp, and rises again when flow stops.
I do not know how the flow next temp calibration works (never disclosed by aquacomputer), but assume something similar to the following
  • initially triggered by system shut down
  • waits for the coolant temperature to stabilize
  • using the high quality internal temperature sensor as base, applies an offset to the external sensor to match the internal sensor
My concern is the heat applied to the high quality internal temperature sensor by the electronics and no coolant flow to remove the heat (system off).
Now the high flow 'internal sensor, assuming the coolant to be the elevated temperature, applies a 2° offset to the slave external sensor, which will report an erroneous higher temperature once the coolant flow is restored.

Samstag, 4. November 2023, 15:42

Hello :D

When i say the jumper is in good position, if i connect my Hubby7 on USB cable the jumper is in position 1/2 and position 2/3 for SATA power but if i understand what Sebastian write i need
to buy an adaptator to use my Hubby7 with SATA power but i never see that on the manual.
I know for internal USB port, i have the manual for my motherboard. But now i know the problem from the ROG forum. I have only one USB port 9-pin headers called USB1314 where i can connect
two different devices and the USB port called USB10 is just a unique USB port where i can connect only one device on the down pin header because the up pin header there is no function.
As we can see on the screenshot from the software USB device tree viewer

This USB10 is to connect this sort of device Dual USB 2 PCI bracket

If i have 2 Hubby7 is just question for cable managment and have one hubby for one loop, I have a Ultitube 200 pro leakshield each side of the case and it's more easy for me. This is why i want
to connect all devices for a loop to one Hubby7 with SATA to have more power.
»GhostR1d3r« hat folgende Datei angehängt:

Dienstag, 7. November 2023, 01:25

if i understand what Sebastian write i need to buy an adaptator to use my Hubby7 with SATA power but i never see that on the manual.
The adapter Sebastian mentioned is a USB3.0 to USB2.0 adapter. It has nothing to do with powering the Hubby7 with Sata power. You just need to move the jumper to the Sata power position and plug in a Sata power cable.

But now i know the problem from the ROG forum. I have only one USB port 9-pin headers calledUSB1314 where i can connect two different devices and the USB port called USB10 is just a unique USB port where i can connect only one device on the down pin header because the up pin header there is no function.
I don’t think the advice you got on the ROG forum is correct because the manual for your motherboard clearly shows that the USB10 header is wired just like the U2_1314 header. Personally, I would trust the Asus manual. The Dual USB 2 PCI bracket you linked has a 10-pin USB header on it so it would require a fully wired USB header for both of the ports to work.

If i have 2 Hubby7 is just question for cable managment and have one hubby for one loop, I have a Ultitube 200 pro leakshield each side of the case and it's more easy for me. This is why i want to connect all devices for a loop to one Hubby7 with SATA to have more power.
I still recommend that you connect 1 Leakshield to one port on USB header U2_1314 and the other Leakshield directly to a port on the USB10 header. You can then plug each of your Hubby7s into the other port on each USB header. This way the Leakshields pull power directly from the mobo USB headers instead of through the Hubby7, and those USB ports should stay powered up when your system is off (assuming you disable USB Selective Suspend in the Windows Power Management settings) If you set the Hubby7s to SATA power and plug the Leakshields into them, the Leakshields will lose power when you turn off the computer. It’s up to you. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Dienstag, 7. November 2023, 01:42

I saw an increase just under 2°, but I am not sure the temperature had peaked yet... the run was about an hour. You can see the setup and result HERE
The chart starts with zero flow, with the internal temperature rising until flow goes positive, then it drops quickly to loop temp, and rises again when flow stops.
I do not know how the flow next temp calibration works (never disclosed by aquacomputer), but assume something similar to the following
  • initially triggered by system shut down
  • waits for the coolant temperature to stabilize
  • using the high quality internal temperature sensor as base, applies an offset to the external sensor to match the internal sensor
My concern is the heat applied to the high quality internal temperature sensor by the electronics and no coolant flow to remove the heat (system off).
Now the high flow 'internal sensor, assuming the coolant to be the elevated temperature, applies a 2° offset to the slave external sensor, which will report an erroneous higher temperature once the coolant flow is restored.
It looks like you have already done this test, and I am impressed with your setup. I see that you have a Blue-White Acrylic Flow Meter. I can’t quite make out the model number but think it’s an F-400. Is that correct? I am curious how the High Flow Next readings compare to the Blue-White. Also, has Aquacomputer ever commented on the error introduced by the flow meter’s electronic's waste heat?

Dienstag, 7. November 2023, 12:28

I don’t think the advice you got on the ROG forum is correct because the manual for your motherboard clearly shows that the USB10 header is wired just like the U2_1314 header. Personally, I would trust the Asus manual. The Dual USB 2 PCI bracket you linked has a 10-pin USB header on it so it would require a fully wired USB header for both of the ports to work.
The pin-out diagram you linked shows the upper port on USB10 having +5V & ground, but the data pins show NC (PIN-OUT)

Zitat von »Speedy-VI«

I still recommend that you connect 1 Leakshield to one port on USB header U2_1314 and the other Leakshield directly to a port on the USB10 header. You can then plug each of your Hubby7s into the other port on each USB header. This way the Leakshields pull power directly from the mobo USB headers instead of through the Hubby7, and those USB ports should stay powered up when your system is off (assuming you disable USB Selective Suspend in the Windows Power Management settings) If you set the Hubby7s to SATA power and plug the Leakshields into them, the Leakshields will lose power when you turn off the computer. It’s up to you. Good luck with whatever you decide.
The USB-Tree GhostR1d3r linked shows one leakshield on USB13 & the 2nd on USB14. The D5s were not on the original list, but it looks like s/he has what s/he wants. (USB_DEVICE_TREE)

Dienstag, 7. November 2023, 13:12

It looks like you have already done this test, and I am impressed with your setup. I see that you have a Blue-White Acrylic Flow Meter. I can’t quite make out the model number but think it’s an F-400. Is that correct? I am curious how the High Flow Next readings compare to the Blue-White. Also, has Aquacomputer ever commented on the error introduced by the flow meter’s electronic's waste heat?
Yes, that is a Blue-White F-400, dual scale (0.2-2.0 gpm & 1.0-7.5 lpm) with 3/8 npt ends. The flow rates were close. The rotameter is published at full scale accuracy of +/-5%. (front.jpg)

I believe aquacomputer are aware of the temperature bias with zero flow. (COMMENT)

Dienstag, 7. November 2023, 16:17

The pin-out diagram you linked shows the upper port on USB10 having +5V & ground, but the data pins show NC (PIN-OUT)
Wow you’re right, and so was the info OP got from the ROG forum. Apologies for the confusion. I wonder why Asus would do this, especially on an X299 EATX high end motherboard.
Yes, that is a Blue-White F-400, dual scale (0.2-2.0 gpm & 1.0-7.5 lpm) with 3/8 npt ends. The flow rates were close. The rotameter is published at full scale accuracy of +/-5%.
Thanks for the details. I may get one of these to play with.
I believe aquacomputer are aware of the temperature bias with zero flow.
Thanks for the link. Stephan did acknowledge the issue but did not offer any solution, I assume because there isn’t one. He also said the HFN is one of the best water temp sensors on the market and less influenced by ambient air temp then other temp sensors. I know it is the most accurate flow meter marketed for custom loop applications but I thought the temp sensor was just a 10K Thermistor like they use in other products. Maybe the superior performance is due to where the temp sensor is located in the device.