• 28.04.2024, 16:36
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Bar Graph Statistics Cause Bar Graph to "Jiggle"

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 01:57

I was playing around with a new overview page and set up some bar graphs with Statistics set to be displayed on the right side. When the Statistics are enabled and set to display on the right side, it makes the bar graphs jiggle back and forth. Here is a LINK to a video that shows this. The jiggling is kind of erratic and seems to happen when the Statistics are updated. I tried making the bar graph wider but it did not make any difference. I have setup bar graphs before and don't recall them doing this. Is this a bug? I am running AQS X.76.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (24. November 2023, 06:44)

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 04:50

Looks like the issue is with the statistics. The Δt keeps resetting to zero, resetting the 'high', low' & 'average' to zero, thus causing the values to switch from 3 or 2 digits to one. Then the right justified formatting makes adjustments to the position of the bar graph.

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 05:50

This is a small and not always reproducible "error" in the Aquasuite.
I have observed this phenomenon several times when I want to generate a new maximum value in the Playground, i.e. when I take the output of the virtual sensor as an input again and forward the maximum value between the current value and the formerly max. value to the output.

When I create this (respectively a new) virtual sensor, the output (in the above case: 60,75°C) sometimes fluctuated between the maximum value (60,75°C) and the current value (45,50°C). After a restart, however, everything is as it should be and this phenomenon never occurs again (for this new virtual sensor)

The statistics evaluation stored in the Aquasuite will have a similar structure to my virtual Sensor (maximum value) described above and your "jumping" from Zero to the max./min. and average should not be there anymore after a restart of the PC or Aquasuite and AS Service.

In my opinion, this has something to do with the update rate (one second?) of the inputs and intermediate storage of the values as well as the time needed for processing the logic for the values.
The evaluation of the data sometimes hiccups a little, but this calms down after a restart (at least for me).

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 07:28

if you set the time to 0, you don't need statistics, that's no problem.

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 08:47

Oh... that make sense (I did not see the "0s") :whistling:
However, my described problem still occurs sporadically (with the virtual sensors)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Peter von Frosta« (23. November 2023, 09:01)

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 12:37

Actually, that is a problem. If the time range is set to zero, 'high', 'low' & 'average' should all reflect the current value, not reset to zero... unless the current value is zero.

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 12:50

If the time range is set to zero
disable the statistics data, this is useless with a zero timespan

Donnerstag, 23. November 2023, 14:32

disable the statistics data, this is useless with a zero timespan

Agreed, the function is useless with a zero time span, but shouldn't it return the correct value even if used in a 'useless' manner?

EDIT: The simplest solution is to not have zero be an option on the selection slider (stats.jpg)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »InfoSeeker« (23. November 2023, 14:52)

Freitag, 24. November 2023, 06:11

Well having the data time interval set to 0 is what was making the bar graphs jiggle, so I will chalk this one up to operator error. InfoSeeker's suggestion to not allow the Time Internal to be set to 0 seems like a good idea.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »Speedy-VI« (24. November 2023, 06:45)