• 27.04.2024, 13:59
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

_AK_

Problems with ARCTIC P12 PWM PST fans and Quadro controller

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2024, 16:35

I ask for help in solving the problem.
Quadro controller, ARCTIC P12 PWM PST fans (Mo-ra, 9 pieces). Connected via additional connectors on the fans themselves.

When the use start boost option is enabled, the fans speed up and stop infinitely, and power is supplied cyclically. There is no rpm signal, the controller, as I understand it, does not see that the fans are starting and such cyclic switching occurs.

If you do not use use start boost, then the fans start at the specified PWM level (from 30 to 100%) and work normally, but rpm is not displayed. I tried different options - reconnected all the fans, one at a time - the same thing, the rmp signal is not displayed.

There is one BUT. If you connect the fan or all 9 “hot” while the PC and Quadro are running, the rpm is displayed, everything works normally - until the first shutdown of the PC (after a normal reboot, rpm is displayed.).
What's the problem?

P.S. Quadro shows the PWM pump speed normally.

Remayz

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2024, 18:10

Maybe signal integrity of the RPM signal if you have a lot of cable.
Also make sure your splitters have only one male connector with 4 pins, and only 3 pins on all the others. there's still some splitters around that have the tachometer signal wired on all connectors and that will make a mess. Only one fan has to report speed to the quadro.

And how are the fans powered? by the computer's PSU or another power supply?

_AK_

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2024, 18:25

There is a problem with displaying speed even when connecting one ARCTIC P12 PWM PST fan directly to the Quadro controller. So it's not a matter of power or wires.

The nuance is that if you connect it “hot” with the PC and controller already turned on, the speed can be read on both fans 9 and 1. If you restart the PC, the rpms are read after loading. If you turn it off and then turn it on again they disappear.

_AK_

Mittwoch, 28. Februar 2024, 19:40

Now I have connected all the fans to the motherboard - rpm is displayed correctly, everything works as it should, the problem comes down to Quadro. What could make him behave this way?

I will describe the problem again - when the use start boost option is enabled, the fans accelerate and stop endlessly cyclically, power is supplied cyclically, and there is no rpm signal. If you do not use use start boost, then the fans start at the specified PWM level (from 30 to 100%) and work normally, but rpm is not displayed. I tried different options - reconnected all the fans, there was no connection error. If you connect the fan "hot" while the PC and Quadro are running, the rpm is displayed, everything works normally - until the first shutdown of the PC (after a normal reboot, rpm is displayed). What could be the problem?

_AK_

Donnerstag, 29. Februar 2024, 04:45

There is also a problem when connecting one ARCTIC P12 PWM PST fan directly to the Quadro. Without using extension cords or connecting to each other. In any of the 4 Quadro ports, when even one fan is connected, there are problems with boost at startup and there is no rpm display. However, other fans display speed correctly. When connecting the ARCTIC P12 PWM PST fan to the motherboard connector, the RMP displays correctly. So the problem is with the Quadro controller.

Remayz

Donnerstag, 29. Februar 2024, 10:48

the speed readout missing is why startup boost goes up and down, it is required for the controller to know it managed to kickstart the fan.
that said it's not really required to use it if your fan curve doesn't start really low like 200 rpm or so.
If it is just one fan misbehaving, what happens if you connect all the fans to the Quadro, but make another working fan be the one reporting speed?

_AK_

Donnerstag, 29. Februar 2024, 12:03

the speed readout missing is why startup boost goes up and down, it is required for the controller to know it managed to kickstart the fan.
that said it's not really required to use it if your fan curve doesn't start really low like 200 rpm or so.
If it is just one fan misbehaving, what happens if you connect all the fans to the Quadro, but make another working fan be the one reporting speed?
I have 10 ARCTIC P12 PWM PST fans. None of them show speed when connected to a Quadro controller.

When connecting any of the 10 fans to the fan header on the motherboard, rpm are displayed normally. The problem is in the ARCTIC P12 PWM PST + Quadro combination. Separately everything works well. I think that the reason is some tricky rpm signal from these fans, which was not taken into account in Aqua computer.

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von »_AK_« (29. Februar 2024, 12:09)

Donnerstag, 29. Februar 2024, 12:11

Problem mit Lüfter-RPM in Verbindung mit OCTO und Arctic Lüftern
(this is in german)

Contact the support via Mail.