• 28.04.2024, 00:31
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

VAT questions

Dienstag, 22. März 2005, 12:49

I have been trying to understand why AC Berlin wants to charge me prices that include VAT. It is my understanding that VAT is not applied by any EU country when the item is exported to a country such as the USA that does not have a VAT. They say I have to get the money back from "customs' but the only customs I would be dealing with is the US Customs on my side of the pond. I don't think they refund monies (taxes) imposed by foreign governments like Germany.

Somehow or another IT-Trade from Austria (also in EU) manages to price products for shipment to the USA without VAT added. Can anyone enlighten me?

Re: VAT questions

Dienstag, 22. März 2005, 15:22

IT-Trade is a wholesaler. If I would try to buy there they just would grin and say no ;D

Normally you will have to be a trader yourself to buy at IT-Trade.

Dienstag, 22. März 2005, 19:48

Zitat von »Shoggy«

IT-Trade is a wholesaler. If I would try to buy there they just would grin and say no ;D

Okay now I'm starting to understand the issues. A-C Berlin is in fact a factory or manufacturer's strictly retail store correct? When I spoke with Chris he said that it was not a part of A-C, but just used part of the name which I thought was awfully nice on their part at the time. I was thinking they wouldn't mind if I called a company here Aqua-Computer USA ;D

Here in the USA that kind of operation is extremely rare for manufacturer's as we are on a distribution model. In a distribution model manufacturer's usually don't sell retail unless they are disposing of factory seconds or refurbished goods at a major discount.

So A-C Berlin doesn't have a wholesale or export license that allows them to sell products without charging VAT? In the USA anyone can sell products without collecting sales tax, but the license required is on the side of the purchaser. Thus if you are buying for resale you get a resale license from the government taxing entity.

However, we can also sell anything without collecting sales taxes if we ship out of our individual state (i.e. California, Florida, New York, etc.) as we do not have a national sales tax. This also applies to anything we sell outside of the USA or is exported to another country.

So it appears that buying from A-C Berlin is not going to happen for most Americans as we do not want to participate in a VAT that does not directly benefit us. I think that Aqua-Computer itself needs to set itself up to directly sell to USA private citizens and also more importantly to distributors and retailers here. That appears to be the simple solution due to your tax laws.

Perhaps you should make this thread a sticky on the English Support Forum.

Mittwoch, 23. März 2005, 09:00

Zitat von »Shoggy«

Normally you will have to be a trader yourself to buy at IT-Trade.

Except that they also take private party export orders as well ;D

Mittwoch, 23. März 2005, 09:26

I spoke with my brother this evening as he is a CEO of a multi-national corporation and one of their facilities is in Germany. He says that ANY shipments leaving Germany bound for nations outside the EC (EU) should not have VAT applied to the pricing. He said that if someone at Aqua-Computer Berlin insists that I pay for the VAT that it would help if they researched German export and VAT laws.

This would also probably dramatically increase their sales to the USA. My brother also said that once you pay the VAT it will be next to impossible to get it back from the "customs" that Stefan Krumme advised me about.

Can anyone help?

Mittwoch, 23. März 2005, 12:14

Hi all,

to bring light into the dark: ;)

Within the EU customers have to pay VAT (the percentage of the country the dealer is located)
If the customer is a reseller himself and owns a EU-VAT ident number he won't have to pay the distributors/wholesalers VAT percentage. He than have to pay directly in his own country according to their financial laws.
eg 1: UK end customer buys in Austria - 20% VAT will be billed
eg 2: UK reseller with VAT# buys in Austria - we won't bill VAT

3rd party countries (like US, China, HK, Switzerland, ...) do not have to pay VAT to us (whether reseller or not) as they anyway have to pay TAX to their local customs.
eg: US customer (end customer/reseller) buys in Austria - no VAT will be billed

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
We from IT-TRADE ship to both - end customers and resellers. But you have to qualify to get reseller prices. For more information plz have a look @ www.it-trade.net

I hope that above information is useful for you guys!

Mittwoch, 23. März 2005, 15:53

Hehe, I was always looking at it-trade.at and this site is a bit confusing ;)

btw: The girl with the ventilator is nice ::) Wallpaper? :-X ;D

Mittwoch, 23. März 2005, 16:19

I can imagine your confusion while surfing through the Austrian site :D a simple dot net makes a lot of difference ;)

Believe me, there are a few people who like the girl 8)
she's from iStockphoto.com - so we paid for her ;D

Mittwoch, 23. März 2005, 19:46

Zitat von »Shoggy«

The girl with the ventilator is nice ::) Wallpaper? :-X ;D

You guys call the fan a ventilator? We call a pistol a ventilator ;D

In the USA that blatant display of womanly attributes puts some off, which I suppose is why the different site for export? Being a nurse I understand that what is okay in one culture may very well be verbotten in another. Makes the world a much more interesting place IMHO :o

Mittwoch, 23. März 2005, 19:52

Zitat von »IT-TRADE.NET«

Hi all,

to bring light into the dark: ;) I hope that above information is useful for you guys!

Thanks for explaining this to others! I hope someone at A-C Berlin and LeftClicks reads this and sends me another quote! Export and international trading laws are another interesting subject that fills college classes to capacity. Perhaps if A-C would hire a consultant to help them in this area they would be better off in the world of international shipments :)

Jessica

Donnerstag, 24. März 2005, 01:33

Just to let all customers know that we do not charge you any vat on the goods we send out as long as you are outside of the EU however you may be liable for any import duties we do the best we can when stating the information on the shipping forms to prevent you incurring the tax but I can't guarantee you won't pay any import duties. I have been told it’s about 4.9% of the value that is stated.
Any International orders please contact jessica@leftclicks.co.uk for info and pricing for shipping .
Top_Nurse sorry if you was given the wrong information from my colleague i hope you recieved my email. :)