• 25.04.2024, 03:23
  • Registrieren
  • Anmelden
  • Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: Aqua Computer Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

fanless radiator?

Dienstag, 8. November 2005, 21:44

Anyone got any idea whether a radiator specifically designed to be used fanless (i.e. a block of aluminium/copper with fins on it and water passing through it), would be better than one of the AC APEs?

for a fanless rad setup of course, not with fans! ;D

Thanks in advance!

Re: fanless radiator?

Dienstag, 8. November 2005, 22:52

hmmmm...

thinking still.....

nope just confused my self gunna take me atleast 24hours to get over this.

Mittwoch, 9. November 2005, 15:56

Ok, i can see my decription was confusing! sorry people!

Basically, i thought that a fanless radiator such as on the side of the Zalman Totally No Noise case:

would be good, if it had water flowing thru it instead of heat pipes (as in the zalman case).

what i was asking was, would my idea above work better than a standard APE without fans?

hope that's a little better.... ;D

-JE-

Sonntag, 13. November 2005, 03:24

you can use the Airplex Evo radiators without fans, too. I have a passive cooled System with an Airplex Evo 240 (just a 1100er System, but silent). For a more hot System take an 360 or 1800 an install it outside of the case (normally a 360 should be enough).

Sonntag, 13. November 2005, 06:45

Having inspected the Zalman case up close I would say it would work great with an Evo 1800 on the side of it. There are a lot of incompatibilities with that case and many MB's so watercooling would make that one cool case. 8)

Sonntag, 13. November 2005, 12:24

Zitat

Having inspected the Zalman case up close I would say it would work great with an Evo 1800 on the side of it. There are a lot of incompatibilities with that case and many MB's so watercooling would make that one cool case.

i didn't mean i wanted that case....

i was just using it as an example of a passive radiator, which i would construct, and place on the outside of my case. comprende? ;D

Sonntag, 13. November 2005, 13:27

then i would go for the 1800. I use the 120, 240, and the 360 with fans, but noise is no issue for me as i just like to Overclock, i have blown 4 CPU's since 2003 :o and now this 1 is runnning stable (@ the moment ;D )

Sonntag, 13. November 2005, 14:26

grrrr but going back to my original question, would using the 1800 passively be better/worse than using a rad specifically designed to be used passively?

many thanks in advance!

Sonntag, 13. November 2005, 23:10

i think the 1800 is the best passive rad. you can get.. theres a german website where they do a lot of reviews on watercooling hardware. And have little league tables for each water cooling part (which performs the best) and the 1800 comes out top on both passive and with fans.

Montag, 14. November 2005, 09:56

ok then what you want to know is if the rad was not the 1800 but similar but made only to be used without fans....

Ok then if the rad was made a little deeper with more pipeing and had a longer flow to cool then i wud see no reason why not but i think the 1800 by itself is more than enough. I think you will find that the 1800 was pretty much designed for this reason (also for the cool freaks too 8) )

Or am i wrong. ;D ???

Montag, 14. November 2005, 10:10

ok cool, many thanks for your answers! ;D

Montag, 14. November 2005, 13:43

No problem. Your happiness is My Reward! ;D